Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

I just realized that the new expansion also means new silly rooms that make you stand there and just take it in for a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

PIZZA.BAT posted:

I just realized that the new expansion also means new silly rooms that make you stand there and just take it in for a bit
Oh definitely, that's something the Antibirth devs seem to be particularly good at.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
The new blog post doesn't really have any news, it's mostly about Four Souls. I suppose the new track does confirm that the Mausoleum floor from Antibirth will be present, but that's not really a surprise, I'd say. Though for those how who aren't familiar with Antibirth, I can tell you that the Mausoleum is an extremely interesting floor.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i just want the goddamn azazel plushie!!

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
I'd love the plushies and the figures but why not just produce them for sale instead of backing a kickstarter in the future

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Carpator Diei posted:

The new blog post doesn't really have any news, it's mostly about Four Souls. I suppose the new track does confirm that the Mausoleum floor from Antibirth will be present, but that's not really a surprise, I'd say. Though for those how who aren't familiar with Antibirth, I can tell you that the Mausoleum is an extremely interesting floor.

The new track also opens us up to another discussion about whether the new soundtrack is better than Mudeth's Antibirth soundtrack (it's not), but I assume someone will mod it in almost immediately anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt5Hz-khZDs for the Antibirth varietal

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
New blog up

https://store.steampowered.com/app/250900/The_Binding_of_Isaac_Rebirth/

Got new enemies in it:

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Enemies that drain charge from your active item instead of damaging you is delightfully dickish.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Wild T posted:

Enemies that drain charge from your active item instead of damaging you is delightfully dickish.

Totally love that idea. And they seem to be some of the most chaotic and difficult to hit too.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

PIZZA.BAT posted:

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Wild T posted:

Yeah, I'm honestly excited about that. Imagine enemies that can steal money/bombs/keys - of course, now that I've said it, I'm sure they're going to be in there. Edmund help us all!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I don't normally like that type of enemy but it brings a new threat to D6 runs where your plan can go to poo poo if you're not careful enough.

So pretty good!

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

can't wait to run into this along with two portals :suicide:

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Those yellow flies look like a pain in the rear end

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
New blog

https://steamcommunity.com/games/250900/announcements/detail/3044967019256176156

New enemies and reskins of old ones

Also the rocks are gonna look different.

Looks like a lot of good changes! I like the more cartoony looks of the old enemies.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Wow, the game is really getting a whole new artstyle. I wonder if it will be possible to keep using the old sprites (though if it isn't, there'll probably be a mod for that a few days after release). Between this post talking about trying to make the enemies look like their flash incarnations, and that other statement about going back to pre-Rebirth balance, I'm getting the impression that the Antibirth team really liked the flash version.
It's certainly an improvement that new Vis doesn't look like it's wearing a red cravat.

This information will also be interesting for the Plushazel lovers:

Edmund McMillen posted:

want access to something like this? what about some isaac action figures? or even a boss statue? well its all coming soon! and if you sign up and join my nudist camp you will have first dibs! SO DO IT!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I can't believe I'm getting this excited for the game again. He really does mean it's an Isaac 1.99. I'm sure we'll see a lot of patches and tweaks during the first year of player play and reception, too. I'm glad they took the time to clean the entire game up so much while doubling the content, that's a wonderful sendoff to the series combined with modding still being so solid. This really has been one of the best and most replayable games of the decade.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Black August posted:

I can't believe I'm getting this excited for the game again. He really does mean it's an Isaac 1.99. I'm sure we'll see a lot of patches and tweaks during the first year of player play and reception, too. I'm glad they took the time to clean the entire game up so much while doubling the content, that's a wonderful sendoff to the series combined with modding still being so solid. This really has been one of the best and most replayable games of the decade.
With all the effort they're putting into the smallest details, I'm kind of surprised that the Delirium revamp will apparently be pushed back into a post-release update. Is the fight that busted?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It might be a case of them wanting to see what comes up during the first weeks of post-release, to iron that out and the new content before they cans cap it off with an update that tweaks the end bosses in one go. And probably because of seriously bad code, yeah. Remember, Delirium now has to be updated with every single Antibirth boss add.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Carpator Diei posted:

With all the effort they're putting into the smallest details, I'm kind of surprised that the Delirium revamp will apparently be pushed back into a post-release update. Is the fight that busted?

I think this is what he last said about Delirium
https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/1345185827995848706?s=20
so it's more a "finishing the game takes priority" thing than anything.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/1363312191118532608?s=21
Repentance adds 231 achievements/secrets to the game (current total post-booster packs is 403)
Vanilla Rebirth “only” had 178 achievements

Augus fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Feb 21, 2021

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Augus posted:

https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/1363312191118532608?s=21
Repentance adds 231 achievements/secrets to the game (current total post-booster packs is 403)
Vanilla Rebirth “only” had 178 achievements
I'm still a bit worried by how much they're hyping up the magnitude of this expansion, but from the previews it certainly looks as if they'll be able to pull it off (and Antibirth is already an extremely solid foundation).

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Carpator Diei posted:

I'm still a bit worried by how much they're hyping up the magnitude of this expansion, but from the previews it certainly looks as if they'll be able to pull it off (and Antibirth is already an extremely solid foundation).

they're treating it like a sequel in a lot of ways which not only includes how much stuff they're adding to it and how much they're revamping old content but also how much they want to promote it

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

With how unlocks work adding new characters and bosses adds a lot more achievements than they used to. Like 2 new characters and 2 new bosses is already around 70 new achievements minimum.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
[Insert lame joke about the new blog post being kinda lovely]
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/250900/view/3043841755831734426

The most important part is the confirmation that the best Antibirth item made it in:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Also the Brimstone + The Poop synergy seems to be just diarhea

Edit: ooo also

quote:

- this DLC will rework/buff loads of bottom tier items people seem to hate!
- this DLC will make hard mode harder, in appropriate ways!
- this DLC will make pills more worth it!

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Feb 27, 2021

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Carpator Diei posted:

[Insert lame joke about the new blog post being kinda lovely]
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/250900/view/3043841755831734426

The most important part is the confirmation that the best Antibirth item made it in:

Are those helper poops?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

quote:

- this DLC will rework/buff loads of bottom tier items people seem to hate!
- this DLC will make hard mode harder, in appropriate ways!
- this DLC will make pills more worth it!

good lord repentance might actually be good

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Are those helper poops?

Yes.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

haha that looks amazing. Looking forward to Repentance

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

PostNouveau posted:

Also the Brimstone + The Poop synergy seems to be just diarhea

If I'm reading the post correctly, this is in fact a new item called Montezuma's Revenge.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Ariong posted:

If I'm reading the post correctly, this is in fact a new item called Montezuma's Revenge.

Pft, reading words when there's gifs to gawk at

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

there’s so much new poo poo to take in I completely forgot that the antibirth floors are also getting their own alternate floors lmao jesus

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Augus posted:

there’s so much new poo poo to take in I completely forgot that the antibirth floors are also getting their own alternate floors lmao jesus
Well, according to the post, "most of them" will get alt floors; I assume that means the Corpse doesn't get an alt since it's the final floor of the added path.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Carpator Diei posted:

Well, according to the post, "most of them" will get alt floors; I assume that means the Corpse doesn't get an alt since it's the final floor of the added path.

It could also be that Corpse does have a variant but there will be one more new floor after it. Right now the Antibirth route is one floor shorter than the main route, after all. It ends at the equivalent floor of Sheol/Cathedral and doesn't have a Dark Room/Chest floor.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/1366468613180428292?s=20
https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/1366571362190430208?s=20

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I need it to be the end of March right the hell now

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Sweet! More Bum-bo!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

gently caress yes

https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/1367898283683639301?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I'm glad it actually did come out. It took so long I was beginning to wonder whether we were just being strung along in the hopes everyone would eventually forget about it. Good on him for following through instead of just abandoning the project.