Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

graph posted:

i graduated hs a couple months after cbine, didnt have to deal with clear backpacks and cops w/ guns in the halls and poo poo. owned :smug:

if we wanted to bring guns to school they couldn't be pistols and the vice principal would ask you to have your parents sign a note that promised you would keep it in your car unloaded otherwise you had to get a locking gun rack and keep your gun unloaded then you didn't need to get your parents to sign a note

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

duTrieux. posted:

i work for a marketing agency. once a client asked the design/graphics guy to make the kitchen in an image more ethnic, but not specific to any given ethnicity.

he put a bowl of peppers on the counter. the client was pleased.
"add some spice" has also been an often-used codeword i've heard for "make it a little more mexican i guess"

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

im a 90s kid and a verified p.o.s.

well thats my contribution to the distribution, hope this helps

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

angry_keebler posted:

if we wanted to bring guns to school they couldn't be pistols and the vice principal would ask you to have your parents sign a note that promised you would keep it in your car unloaded otherwise you had to get a locking gun rack and keep your gun unloaded then you didn't need to get your parents to sign a note

life in twin peaks soiunds epic

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
"look at the me generation"
- the generations that popularized ojectivism and privatised everything

AtomD fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Aug 27, 2015

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
lol if u eat at a table

"bluhh duhhh i have nothing better to do *shovels food into mouth as fast as possible to minimize time spent with loathed family members*"

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Space-Pope posted:

lol if u eat at a table

"bluhh duhhh i have nothing better to do *shovels food into mouth as fast as possible to minimize time spent with loathed family members*"

lol if you don't live alone and eat over the sink

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
my buddy is going to be on the radio this morning debating whether it is amazon or millenials who have made seattle lovely hahaha

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Salo, or the 120 posts not about Microsoft

... and that's why this thread is cool again

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

lol change who has physical money. everything is bing points and bitcoins now grandpa

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Virion posted:

lol change who has physical money. everything is bing points and bitcoins now grandpa

loose change, the documentary about the attacks of september the 11th that'll wake you up

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
also mad men lol what a bad show

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

so i signed up for bing ads because I got some free credit.

it's only been like 2 days but still i've had zero impressions and zero clicks.

the keywords i bought were exact phrases like "CITY_NAME CATEGORY" and a bunch of synonyms for the CATEGORY

i don't know if that's the sad state of affairs at bing or if i just place ads badly.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
everyone blocks ads now

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

PleasureKevin posted:

so i signed up for bing ads because I got some free credit.

it's only been like 2 days but still i've had zero impressions and zero clicks.

the keywords i bought were exact phrases like "CITY_NAME CATEGORY" and a bunch of synonyms for the CATEGORY

i don't know if that's the sad state of affairs at bing or if i just place ads badly.

maybe people don't care about whatever you're advertising

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Shaggar posted:

maybe people don't care about whatever you're advertising

the ad is for a client and i can tell you people do care about it

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

3rd best WOOOOOOOO

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

theultimo posted:

3rd best WOOOOOOOO

Based on 119% of our users

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Smythe posted:

actually i think you'll find that thanks to the values instilled in milenians through tv (inspector gadget lessons, gi joe lessons, clarissa explains it all, etc, etc, the Round House, yea..) milenials are the best generation due to being post racial and sympathetic to the needs of the disabled.

Cold on a Cob posted:

see that's what i mean i watched gi joe and inspector gadget and i'm not a millenial

generations are dumb arbitrary poo poo
Yeah the Sunbow Entertainment GI Joe would be the tail end of Generation X mostly. Millenials had, uh... SIGMA SIX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk2PFfPFN8A

Sniep posted:

someone put up inspector gadget one day here off like amazon or something because it was a bring your kids to work day

it looked like it was all re-done using whatever they used for Re:Boot instead of a real cartoon

like, massively hosed up and disorienting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lL9guIMtbo

theultimo posted:

X gon give it to ya.
Can't wait to get it on your own?
X gon deliver to ya!

Roosevelt posted:

see also Burger King Kids Club

We named the black kid JAWS and the hispanic kid LINGO.

Looks like we got the origin for female BOOMER in BSG too.

Also KID VID appears to be sporting an Occulus Rift.

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Aug 27, 2015

pram
Jun 10, 2001
wow how did they manage to gently caress up the inspector gadget theme so thoroughly

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

pram posted:

wow how did they manage to gently caress up the inspector gadget theme so thoroughly

:qq: my nostalgia

Cyberbird
Jul 18, 2015

KID VID for yospos ik

pram
Jun 10, 2001
thats not that i said at all imbecile

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I thought old people liked spicy food because they can't taste anything any more

pram
Jun 10, 2001
my mom cant eat spicy food anymore because shes old, but she used to love it. enjoy your smokin' sriracha six dollar burger while you still can..

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

pram posted:

i was just thinking that

the original theme was simple and catchy enough for people to remember and hum

this one is just a mash of sounds with no clearly memorable refrain unless you happen to remember and can pick out hints of the original

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Other then the twin cities in MN, everything is hot dish with no spices here. Hell, red pepper is too hot for most Midwestern cities.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

pram posted:

my mom cant eat spicy food anymore because shes old, but she used to love it. enjoy your smokin' sriracha six dollar burger while you still can..

pram
Jun 10, 2001
the burger, it is so large its obscuring the warning!!

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
loving millennials and their tapatio sauce! back in my day we had tabasco, slathered it on everything, and we liked it!

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Triglav posted:

loving millennials and their tapatio sauce! back in my day we had tabasco, slathered it on everything, and we liked it!

cholula is way better than the wretched tapatio

Cyberbird
Jul 18, 2015

it really depends what you're putting it on. cholula has more vinegar and i like it on eggs

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

no it doesn't

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Cyberbird posted:

it really depends what you're putting it on. cholula has more vinegar and i like it on eggs

u also appear to have the 'tism

Cyberbird
Jul 18, 2015

"different foods are good w/ different condiments" - an autist

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Cyberbird posted:

"different foods are good w/ different condiments" - an autist

fuckin tee it up

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Jesus all you need is curry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
hyuck, all y'all need is catsup, mhm

• Locked thread