Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

ive kept my eye on youtuber frank huang's channel for awhile and he really does the best recordings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZkbPTdhYfo

Yeah he does a great job and he's always out there, sometimes it seems like he's at every show I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Weaponized Cum posted:

post some music you pieces of nerd poo poo

Ok, here's a band I just came across.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfsblFiwHfY

Now this is just a guess, but I think they may be influenced by King Diamond. Just a smidgen

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

Care Bear Stairs posted:

Now this is just a guess, but I think they may be influenced by King Diamond. Just a smidgen

This is really dope; just ordered a record from them. Thanks!

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Death Worship just dropped a new record on NWN!. It's a collaboration between Canadian powerhouses Blasphemy and Conqueror/Revenge, and it's exactly what you'd expect from them. It even comes with a 30 minute phone interview with DeathLörd of Abomination & War Apocalypse from Blasphemy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kkZgQlxMwY

edit: lmao in that 30 minute interview the guy is bitching about the recent Metallica video that features a Blasphemy shirt.

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Dec 25, 2016

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Oh man, finally! I'd almost forgotten they ever announced that.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Merry christmas everybody. Here's your present.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG9esxpAUP0

It is some extremely cool thrash metal that I don't think many people actually know.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

MrBling posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG9esxpAUP0

It is some extremely cool thrash metal that I don't think many people actually know.

I'm the banana in the shirt pocket.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

I'm the banana in the shirt pocket.
that's actually a pigeon's head wrapped up like a mummy

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MrBling posted:

i once ran the numbers and approximately 14.7% of that song is a sick whammy bar dive bomb

that whole album is great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2QeTtQhe6I

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Vulture Culture posted:

that's actually a pigeon's head wrapped up like a mummy

That's a pretty kvlt snack.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Care Bear Stairs posted:

Oh, wow, this is Kevin Talley and Mike LePond

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
here's a cool thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na5WheEsGUQ

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

InsidiousMuppet posted:

This is really dope; just ordered a record from them. Thanks!

yeah, it really is a solid album

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Dunno if you all know Dreadnought, but you should. Their 2013 album Lifewoven is basically a love letter to In the Woods... and it's loving fantastic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLxHikSaTkE

Vulture Culture fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 28, 2016

Scrambles
Jul 24, 2003

I WANT IT
gently caress

Greetings Vektonauts. With sadness we must inform you that we, Blake, Frank, and Erik, are all departing from Vektor effective immediately. It has been a completely incredible 10-ish years that has brought us all around the world and introduced us to so many super generous, passionate, friendly people and produced three albums of which we are extremely proud. Seeing the reception for Terminal Redux in particular after all of the hard work put into it has been very humbling. Sadly we've reached a point where we can't continue with the working arrangement we have, for a number of reasons that we find unnecessary to discuss publicly. There's no big story or drama, people and personalities simply change and drift apart and we've reached our limit.
The three of us are lifer musicians and will continue to be. You'll be seeing us in other contexts, other bands, recordings, tours, and more. Our time in Vektor has been a major part of our lives and parting with that will be a serious adjustment, but ultimately we're excited to see other new ways we can put our ideas to use. We are -hugely- grateful to everyone that came out to shows, picked up merch, listened to the music, showed us a great time and kept us going. We accomplished more than we ever thought was possible when we joined and we hope you'll stay tuned for what we do next - you have certainly not seen the last of us.
We don't know if this means Dave will seek new members and continue Vektor or not, that is for him to decide and announce in his own time.
Given that it's the holidays and the future of the band is out of our hands, we'd appreciate some space for the time being as we enjoy time with friends and family (please don't message our personal pages about it, we won't reply). All the best and we'll see you down the road.
-Blake, Frank, and Erik

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~

Scrambles posted:

gently caress

Greetings Vektonauts. With sadness we must inform you that we, Blake, Frank, and Erik, are all departing from Vektor effective immediately. It has been a completely incredible 10-ish years that has brought us all around the world and introduced us to so many super generous, passionate, friendly people and produced three albums of which we are extremely proud. Seeing the reception for Terminal Redux in particular after all of the hard work put into it has been very humbling. Sadly we've reached a point where we can't continue with the working arrangement we have, for a number of reasons that we find unnecessary to discuss publicly. There's no big story or drama, people and personalities simply change and drift apart and we've reached our limit.
The three of us are lifer musicians and will continue to be. You'll be seeing us in other contexts, other bands, recordings, tours, and more. Our time in Vektor has been a major part of our lives and parting with that will be a serious adjustment, but ultimately we're excited to see other new ways we can put our ideas to use. We are -hugely- grateful to everyone that came out to shows, picked up merch, listened to the music, showed us a great time and kept us going. We accomplished more than we ever thought was possible when we joined and we hope you'll stay tuned for what we do next - you have certainly not seen the last of us.
We don't know if this means Dave will seek new members and continue Vektor or not, that is for him to decide and announce in his own time.
Given that it's the holidays and the future of the band is out of our hands, we'd appreciate some space for the time being as we enjoy time with friends and family (please don't message our personal pages about it, we won't reply). All the best and we'll see you down the road.
-Blake, Frank, and Erik

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress this loving stupid poo poo year.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
At least it's not full of dumb drama

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

No matter what you like someone out there is really doubling down on making 2016 the shittiest year in everyone's life.

This past week has been nonstop sucker punches.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Well that loving sucks.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
That does suck a lot.

Not to take away from the huge talent of the other musicians, but I got the vibe that David DiSanto was totally the riff god and mastermind of the band, so Vektor might yet live on.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Goddamnit :sigh:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Scrambles posted:

gently caress

-Blake, Frank, and Erik
loving dammit.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Via Vektor's Facebook page:

quote:

I apologize to anyone who was concerned about the post from earlier today. Vektor is not stopping. I started writing Vektor songs in 1999 and I'm still writing Vektor songs. As long as I live, Vektor will not die.

I appreciate everything that Blake, Frank, and Erik have done to help this ship take off. I also appreciate all of my band mates before them: Willy, Pablo, Adam, Mike, and Kian.

See you on the road!

-Dave

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
gently caress.

If nothing else good comes, they made my favourite thrash album since Rust in Peace.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Crustashio posted:

gently caress.

If nothing else good comes, they made my favourite thrash album since Rust in Peace.

It's hard to blame someone for wanting to distance themselves from a name, after that name produced some of the best poo poo ever crafted in metal. Maybe that's totally not at all why the dudes left but I imagine that must be part of it.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Dec 29, 2016

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Faffel posted:

It's hard to blame someone for wanting to distance themselves from a name, after that name produced some of the best poo poo ever crafted in metal. Maybe that's totally not at all why the dudes left but I imagine that must be part of it.

I would wager that has nothing to do with it at all and instead has to do with some mundane day to day poo poo.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Care Bear Stairs posted:

I would wager that has nothing to do with it at all and instead has to do with some mundane day to day poo poo.

But creating metal albums makes you so much money

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Just a reminder that yesterday was the first anniversary of Lemmy's death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaMcMi03QTQ

The forum needs a sad headbanging smiley

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

xzzy posted:

No matter what you like someone out there is really doubling down on making 2016 the shittiest year in everyone's life.

This past week has been nonstop sucker punches.

lol if you think 2017 is going to be any better

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Well, gently caress.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

saw Possessed the other day, final show of their tour. loving amazing

They are going to release an album in 2017 and judging from the song they played (one called Abandoned) its gonna be pretty sweet

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Scrambles posted:

gently caress

-Blake, Frank, and Erik

gently caress! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

but its ok, post has been deleted

quote:

I apologize to anyone who was concerned about the post from earlier today. Vektor is not stopping. I started writing Vektor songs in 1999 and I'm still writing Vektor songs. As long as I live, Vektor will not die.
I appreciate everything that Blake, Frank, and Erik have done to help this ship take off. I also appreciate all of my band mates before them: Willy, Pablo, Adam, Mike, and Kian.
See you on the road!
-Dave

all hail the new chuck?

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Dec 29, 2016

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Nordick posted:

The forum needs a sad headbanging smiley

+

:911:

Is there a smiley of just the tear?

saviro
Apr 28, 2005
the revenge of the peruvian
Can you explain what's so good about terminal redux? It's a good album but nowhere near top 10 for the year

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Yeah been listening to Vektor and they're...fine? I liked them well enough but it's not really jumping out at me.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

saviro posted:

Can you explain what's so good about terminal redux? It's a good album but nowhere near top 10 for the year

Well, I could write this super long post about it and what not but the easiest way to say it is, people have different opinions.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Snowy posted:

+

:911:

Is there a smiley of just the tear?

Max Coveri fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Dec 29, 2016

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Outer Isolation was a lot better than Terminal Redux imo. Vektor were good especially when you compare them to crap modern thrash acts like Skeletonwitch or Havok or Revocation or whatever. They pulled off a lot of what those bands (especially Revocation) couldn't make work. They were also great live, their performance of "Tetrastructural Minds" was a highlight of like any metal show I've ever been to. And it really sucks that they're breaking up since I doubt they will be able to replace the majority of the band with anything like the same level of quality. All that said Terminal Redux was too proggy and not thrashy enough for my taste. It's long-winded as ever but has a softer, more indulgent feel than the first two albums. There's one track near the end, I forget which but it's got vocals straight out of Great Gig in the Sky. Just corny. I wouldn't be surprised if differences of opinion about that kind of thing had something to do with the breakup.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Some dude on GameFAQs who has an anecdote about basically every metal band in America and talks as if he is personal friends with all of them thinks that Dave's wife stirred a bunch of poo poo with the rest of the band.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I think Tetrastructural Minds is the best song they've written but Terminal Redux was overall a better album

There's a reason it's on 90% of the Top 10/15/25/whatever lists I've seen and it's because it's real loving good