Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

DICKS FOR DINNER posted:

It was celebrity Jeopardy, and all the profits go to charity, so basically every question was a softball. He's just an absolute doofus.
It's a conundrum, because Wolf Blitzer is a God-tier name on the level of Dick Trickle so it would be sad if he went away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Cardboard Box A posted:

David Frum is on fire lately

God loving help me, I'm starting to have a modicum of respect for David loving Frum and Ana loving Navarro.

This is the insane world that has been spawned from this hellscape of a presidential election.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

CannonFodder posted:

I hate the jingle no matter where the money goes.

I actually hadn't heard the jingle until John Oliver.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ciaphas posted:

I always wondered about that, were they asking questions (sorry, answers) related to his profession that He Should Have Known or just the usual general trivia

The image always seemed a little unfair to me (but only a little, I don't watch TV as a rule so I dunno)

The former. Wolf was hooooooorible.

Andy Richter was cleaning up after Wolf would miss the softball on a tee questions.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

this dude is calling russia's last 7 years successful :psyduck:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/786587118965559296

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

PT6A posted:

God loving help me, I'm starting to have a modicum of respect for David loving Frum and Ana loving Navarro.

This is the insane world that has been spawned from this hellscape of a presidential election.

That's ok, the moment Trump is gone they'll go back to being their usual lovely worthless selves and your momentary respect for them will disappear as soon as it appeared!

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

no response by Wolf lmao

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

DICKS FOR DINNER posted:

It was celebrity Jeopardy, and all the profits go to charity, so basically every question was a softball. He's just an absolute doofus.

To put this into context, I believe he was getting his rear end whooped by Andy Richter. Who, to be fair, is not a fool by any stretch, but is hardly someone you think of when you're considering who would be amazing at Jeopardy.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVC28oemocA

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Lightning Knight posted:

That's ok, the moment Trump is gone they'll go back to being their usual lovely worthless selves and your momentary respect for them will disappear as soon as it appeared!

That's what I'm counting on!

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

fatalities for police officers are also probably only as high as they are due to their large amounts of time spent driving

people just assume that the cops are constantly being shot at or stabbed due to tv and movies

98 cops have died on duty this year for the following reasons:

Aircraft accident: 1
Animal related: 1
Assault: 2
Automobile accident: 15
Drowned: 2
Gunfire: 44
Gunfire (Accidental): 1
Heart attack: 6
Motorcycle accident: 7
Stabbed: 1
Struck by vehicle: 5
Vehicle pursuit: 3
Vehicular assault: 10

For translation, "automobile accident" means, generally, collision for which the cop was responsible, "vehicular assault" means car crash for which the cop wasn't responsible. "struck by vehicle" means walked into traffic.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

PT6A posted:

The thing with Ana Navarro is that she isn't an utterly humorless Republican who is also not afraid to poo poo all over conservatives she disagrees with.

Also, she's probably conservative just because of her upbringing - she was born in Nicaragua and her parents gained Asylum to the United States after escaping the Sandinistas. I'd imagine that had an effect on her since she would have been a child at that time.

Jul 11, 2003

by astral

straight up brolic posted:

no response by Wolf lmao

What's going on cnn?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/Green_Footballs/status/786694798627438593

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Donald probably did that because he assumed Matlin wouldn't be able to figure out if he was telling her she had nice tits.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

5436 posted:

What's going on cnn?
Wolf's just being Wolf. He kind of skewered his guest at first (former republican house intel member), but then let him say whatever he wanted and said "hm, yes interesting..."

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I actually hadn't heard the jingle until John Oliver.

It shows up on SiriusXM at odd times while I'm driving. Then there's Cars for Kids with a C, meaning there are competing charities with the same but just a little different idea.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Omg, is the war on Christmas back on? :ohdear:

Which reminds me, sort of, a whole bunch of stores have pledged to stay closed on Thanksgiving Day. As someone who once worked retail, it's very cool that this is happening. No Best Buy, Wal-Mart or Target, obviously, but still a good step.

Of course, it probably just means there's going to be even more Black Friday stampedes than usual :smith:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
GNAA vandalized the Hillary wikipedia page. lol

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

The Vitally Important Pelvic Thrust
Lou Dobbs apologized.

After he was doxxed.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Pleasing Shape posted:

Lou Dobbs apologized.

After he was doxxed.

Beautiful :allears:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Pleasing Shape posted:

Lou Dobbs apologized.

After he was doxxed.

I hope somebody eggs his house. Get hosed you rear end in a top hat.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

davecrazy posted:

GNAA vandalized the Hillary wikipedia page. lol

GNAA is still a thing?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Pleasing Shape posted:

Lou Dobbs apologized.

After he was doxxed.

He should still be fired. He exposed that woman to real danger, potentially.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

GNAA is still a thing?

And while we're at it Slashdot is still a thing?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/chicagotribune/status/786696215245250561

it is a running gag you see

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Crazy white lady dot text

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

GNAA is still a thing?
Aren't they something like fifteen years old? That's some serious dedication to trolling.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
https://twitter.com/AdamParkhomenko/status/786472154661527552

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

GNAA is still a thing?

Weev lives.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Apraxin posted:

Trump's speaking at a middle school in Columbus, to a 'millennial' audience. He did a bit on how a Trump administration will guarantee free speech for students and end political correctness, and I think he just loving dogwhistled that he'll make it ok to say 'friend of the family' again.

So can you say "grab them by the pussy" in this new PC-free TrumpWorld?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Harrow posted:

Anyone posted that spicy new Podesta email that conspiracy theorists are taking to mean Clinton had Scalia killed?

https://twitter.com/DewDamage/status/786484555263778816/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc

Boy do I want to see the wall of conspiracy theories at this dude's house.

If Donald Trump's craziness and the obvious incompetency of the Republican Party weren't so obvious, I might be inclined to believe that the last month or so was indeed some sort of incredibly devious and incredibly complex conspiracy developed by Hillary Clinton to destroy the GOP, and greater conservative values. And then I would still vote for her.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Given how much of the stuff he jokes about turns out to be true we're going to find out that he hosed a ten-year-old in one of his resorts and paid hush money to keep it quiet.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

the Trump Brietbart TV network will be great for civil discourse in America I'm sure

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

such a comedian

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

skylined! posted:

If Donald Trump's craziness and the obvious incompetency of the Republican Party weren't so obvious, I might be inclined to believe that the last month or so was indeed some sort of incredibly devious and incredibly complex conspiracy developed by Hillary Clinton to destroy the GOP, and greater conservative values. And then I would still vote for her.

Of course I'd vote for her! Imagine what kind of operations she could do with Russia or whoever if she could pull THAT off.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
remember when sarah palin started her own tv network 6 years after the 2008 election and it didn't even last a year?

lol

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

This is the dumbest logic I've ever seen.

Oh poo poo, something bad about Trump is going to leak!
I know, let's make a trending hashtag. People will see that hashtag trending and will ignore television, news programs, Facebook trending topics, etc.!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

straight up brolic posted:

the Trump Brietbart TV network will be great for civil discourse in America I'm sure
I expect it will either kill Fox News or will basically get numbers comparable to Russia Today

• Locked thread