Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

oh should have been more clear. I know it'll physically work but will they fit in the stylus groove or are they the wrong size?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Cake Attack posted:

oh should have been more clear. I know it'll physically work but will they fit in the stylus groove or are they the wrong size?

They will not fit. The old 3DS XL stylus is slightly longer and has a differently-shaped "eraser" end.

LoveBoatCaptain
Aug 26, 2008

Celebrate as all our past ways wither, lead the way to an age of light

Who is this Mr. Grgr she keeps referring to?

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Ars Technica has decided to do a little bit of fear mongering regarding 3DS projected sales trends compared to the GBA and DS lines, which never had to compete with cell phone gaming.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/02/cratering-portable-sales-cant-prop-up-nintendos-business-anymore/

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer

Cake Attack posted:

Will a new 3dsxl stylus work with a regular 3dsxl? I bought the wrong kind of replacements and want to know if I should return them or I can just them anyway

It will but it won't fit in the slot.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Variable_H posted:

Ars Technica has decided to do a little bit of fear mongering regarding 3DS projected sales trends compared to the GBA and DS lines, which never had to compete with cell phone gaming.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/02/cratering-portable-sales-cant-prop-up-nintendos-business-anymore/

Haven't they sold like 50 million 3DSs

I think they're doing ok

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Haven't they sold like 50 million 3DSs

I think they're doing ok

No, but you see, it's not doing as well as predecessor handheld systems which didn't have as much competition, so clearly Nintendo is doomed. :tinfoil:

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
I wish they'd bring back the curved lip around the edges of the top half of the DS Lite/DSi. When the system was closed it made it a perfect little brick. The 3DS line seems very inelegant by comparison with its uneven gaps and whatnot.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

This is Mew Oprah reminding the four people that asked for a Mew in this thread that haven't contacted me yet to please do so. I have PMs now! The codes do still work.

Edit:

Sprite141 posted:

Are you out of codes now? I still need one, everyone near here ran out in the first week.

I can give you either one or two. If I give you two I will be out of codes.

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Feb 26, 2016

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

The Lobster posted:

This is Mew Oprah reminding the four people that asked for a Mew in this thread that haven't contacted me yet to please do so. I have PMs now! The codes do still work.

Are you out of codes now? I still need one, everyone near here ran out in the first week.

Bad News Panda
Aug 17, 2010

:gaysper:
Kirby says trans rights!

The Lobster posted:

I can give you either one or two. If I give you two I will be out of codes.

If this guy only needs one can I snag the last one?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

The rear end Stooge posted:

They will not fit. The old 3DS XL stylus is slightly longer and has a differently-shaped "eraser" end.

This is how my ex-wife describes our relationship.

Does anyone know if Awakening is better played before or after Fates or not at all? I would ask the Fire Emblem thread but I think they'd recommend a league of games that aren't these two/four.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

LODGE NORTH posted:

Does anyone know if Awakening is better played before or after Fates or not at all? I would ask the Fire Emblem thread but I think they'd recommend a league of games that aren't these two/four.

Story-wise, no.

Gameplay-wise, you're better off playing Awakening first. If you find it too easy even on the harder difficulties then move up to Fates. Fates is an improvement in every way so going back to Awakening might be difficult.

Hard difficult on even the easier path of Fates feels like more of a challenge than Awakening did.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Bad News Panda posted:

If this guy only needs one can I snag the last one?

Sure, though he hasn't specified if he wants one or two yet to me so if he does that in the thread then go ahead and PM me.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
What Mokinokaro said, with the caveat that you should stick past the first few chapters to see whether it's too easy or not. Awakening's hard mode is a little tricky for the first few (notably the chapter with Maribelle and Ricken) and then the difficulty just craters.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The pokemon 2DS themes play the PC boot-up jingle when you access something :allears:.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Why is my Pokemon N3DS being delivered on Monday rather than Saturday Amazon?

:negative:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

lets hang out posted:

Is the cowboy job still in to shamanism

Got to that point now: Yes, it is.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Edea is now Mrgrgr'ing at everyone and life is good. Thank you, whoever did it.

Oh, and here's some news: they are bringing West the 200 page art book for SMTIV. With naked samurai dudes, weird demon monsters, and everything.

Preorders seem to be up on Amazon. Links: US, CA, UK.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
And yet, no SMTIVFinal announcement.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Pureauthor posted:

And yet, no SMTIVFinal announcement.

Don't even remind me. They made an entire new game (with some asset reuse of course, but still new game) on the most popular system in Japan and then it sold 1/3 less than a cheap mobile port on a low selling system. Japan is loving weird.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

LODGE NORTH posted:

This is how my ex-wife describes our relationship.

they would recommend better games, yes :smugdog:

realtalk i'm gonna say no because awakening's infinite leveling garbage could build bad habits and ways of thinking about the game that'll trip you up in fates and every other game in the series

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

That av/post combo is amazing.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Why is my Pokemon N3DS being delivered on Monday rather than Saturday Amazon?

:negative:

I preordered from Walmart and haven't even got a shipping confirmation yet :ohdear:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I've been playing the Edgeworth Investigations games as preparation before jumping into PW:DD.

They're good

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

HenryEx posted:

I've been playing the Edgeworth Investigations games as preparation before jumping into PW:DD.

They're good

I wonder how many innocent souls you'd need to drat to get Capcom to localize the second game... :sigh:.

Also;

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I wonder how many innocent souls you'd need to drat to get Capcom to localize the second game... :sigh:.

Also;

It's been very competently fantranslated which is almost certainly the only available option, I can't see them localizing it at this point.

Everyone who likes the series ought to play AAI2 by some means though, it's real good.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
If you told me that was the cover to a new Xenogears art book I would have believed you.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bean posted:

If you told me that was the cover to a new Xenogears art book I would have believed you.

Interpreted this as the elephant bashing Kay gif rather than SMT4 Final.
I still agreed with you.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, TBH Phoenix Wright fans are the only people i would ever trust in fan-translating something, because the "purists", well... wouldn't be Phoenix Wright fans in the first place. The whole series is steeped in liberal rewrites.

The fan-translation for AAI2 is also 100% thorough, all cut-ins, picture texts and voice overs were re-made from scratch. Even a character who wears a jacket with a ton of logos on it had all sprites redone to translate them and keep them in line with earlier games (like the iFly company from AAI1).
The dialogue translations sometimes lack the creative wrappings that the original series comes up with to present the 50th time Edgeworth thinks "I don't know what she's thinking" as something fresh, but the character voices also often times come through strong, even for those that are original to AAI2. Even at its driest, the translated dialogue is still a far cry from the stilted awful dialogue i'm used to from other unofficially translated japanese texts.
Even the fan voice overs are okay, probably helped by the act it's just one or two short words. There's only miniscule flaws to hear, like a voice not really matching the in-game demeanor for a character or the mixing being slightly off so it sounds different to the other sound bites.

A+, would apply patch again.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Saoshyant posted:

Don't even remind me. They made an entire new game (with some asset reuse of course, but still new game) on the most popular system in Japan and then it sold 1/3 less than a cheap mobile port on a low selling system. Japan is loving weird.

Well, if it's any consolation, SMT4 was the bestselling SMT game in the West. So you can count poor sales out as a reason if SMT4F never leaves Japan.

e: Didn't SMT4F sell above 70% of their shipment?

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Feb 27, 2016

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
Is there a Yo-Kai Watch thread around here or is it not that popular?

Shnooks fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Feb 27, 2016

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Shnooks posted:

Is there a Yo-Kai Watch thread around here or is it not that popular?

Right here, my good sir.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Kinda crossposting from the Bravely Second thread, but is there a way to consistently trigger a streetpass hit between two 3DS'?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Can't you only pass the same 3DS once per day?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

From what i've found it's one every 8 hours, but i'm still trying to get them to detect eachother for the first time.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

I've been waiting for this moment since this thing was announced.

System transfer done, Zelda cover plates installed, Red & Blue games and themes downloaded. :yoshi:

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Variable_H posted:

System transfer done, Zelda cover plates installed, Red & Blue games and themes downloaded. :yoshi:

The thing I think I hate the most about this release is that I cannot find a single goddamn regular n3ds accessory in any store. No screen protectors, no pocket cases, not even a goddamn TPU clear cover. Gotta order everything from ebay or play-asia.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Variable_H posted:

Meh, i still stand by the Gold Majoras Mask "limited edition" 3DSXL being the only one that looks badass enough to not make your 3DS look like a cheap childs toy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

It was my birthday recently and a friend sent me The Monado Secret Files book.

It is really cool. It's a shame that he somehow didn't realize it was all in Japanese so there's no way in hell I'm going to be able to read it all :v: