Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Truga posted:

goons made some art and sigs on the website and called themselves goonrathi on the forums (which is what star citizen still is, forums and a store front), but then there was drama and space court because kim got removed from it due to offending carebears in another video game, it was very funny.

In 2013/2014 i think people still thought Star Citizen was a thing, and going to be an imminent thing. This whole fiasco was a good excuse for them to purge undesirables, but they also purged a guy named Lincoln in ArcheAge, who happened to be THEUNITEDSTATESOFAMERICA on Star Citizen/goonrathi, who happened to be the person who made 100% of their artwork, unbeknownst to them. I think he made a ton of EVE pixel art in GSF too, which was kind of his specialty.

whoops. :shrug:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

I don't feel like digging into goonrathi forums history now but I'm pretty sure the guy who did the artwork is 3 not THEUSA. The plot thickens.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i don't know where this started but it is so dumb

I know it was used a lot in yospos when talking about stebe (pbuh) in like 2013 so maybe there?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So I just had an idea - feel free to poo poo all over it: Black Ops Capitals

No, not supercaps that cloak for reasons other than safespotting, but rather slick-fit slightly-debuffed carriers, dreadnoughts, and FAX that can use a capital-sized black-ops cloak. Give the dreads reduced damage, but augment it with a phenomena-style 'debuff' for enemy ships on grid (which should scale in intensity with the size of the fleet), and give the carriers less fighters to play with.

But what I'd really like is the idea that these ships should be able to jump without a cyno beacon on the other side. It shouldn't be as precise as using a cyno, but the FC of the fleet these things are in should be able to aim at a constellation in the region they're targeting, and depending on the amount of ships in the fleet, the jump should be more accurate to a given system, to simulate being able to network the ships' navigational computers together for a more accurate blind jump. If you wanted to make it more 'black ops-ey,' make it so a scout needs to place a navigational beacon in the target system that will self-destruct after a given period, but will also show up on scan if you're dumb enough to drop one too close to a heavily-trafficked spot.

Obviously the targets for these things would be anomaly runners and poorly-defended moon mining POSes.

I'd buy one. I don't know if I would ever undock it, but I would definitely buy one.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

you'd be surprised, mittens is afraid of the cult of personality types probably for good reason

dunno why he'd ban you then :smugdog:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

dunno why he'd ban you then :smugdog:

because i stole like 350b

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

that's kind of chump change and a dumb reason to be banned tbh

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

no i know why warr banned you

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

ZekeNY posted:

Approximately the 20th of Never. But they're having their big CitizenCon (for various values of 'con') tomorrow, so the likelihood of hilarity is pretty high.

Wait is it actually called that? I mean, I'm all for truth in advertising and all, but wow.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

no i know why warr banned you

warr never banned me tho

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Ynglaur posted:

Wait is it actually called that? I mean, I'm all for truth in advertising and all, but wow.

it's like blizzcon you see, which is why they tried to charge for the stream but then had to not because of the pushback by backers lmao

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Truga posted:

it's like blizzcon you see, which is why they tried to charge for the stream but then had to not because of the pushback by backers lmao

Didn't they have a whatever-con and it was like 40 of the most diehard SC nerds only?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

orange juche posted:

Didn't they have a whatever-con and it was like 40 of the most diehard SC nerds only?

That is like in Scientology when you are offered a spot of the Sea-ORG boat.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

was that the thing where they had the huge warehouse room with the sad little ball pit in the center

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

was that the thing where they had the huge warehouse room with the sad little ball pit in the center

The next exclusive one (for backers who are in at the "I mortgaged my house for this" level) will have a punch bowl spiked with rat poison, it will be the exclusive release party wherein they finally reveal that it's all been a scam. It will be all of them in a room and there will be a camera livestreaming croberts and co from Coke and Hooker Island as he reveals his trickery.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i don't know where this started but it is so dumb

Blame Naz al-Ghul, shitposter extraordinaire of MiniTru.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

No, that was DashCon, the ~~tumblr convention~~

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Hows PL doin i heard they're about to widot into NC

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hexel posted:

I heard they dissolved into a puddle like the wicked witch of the west

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

dragonshardz posted:

No, that was DashCon, the ~~tumblr convention~~

I didn't know what that was and so looked it up. :psyduck:

I've seen bad parents throw a better birthday party for a step child they didn't like.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

CCP IS SUCH DOGSHIT what the gently caress

the gm is literally 'the logs show nothing'ing me and quoted the loving bio on the structure as proof that the offices are free- yet can't use his gm tools to even look at the wallet of the guy getting the payouts for apparently no reason

like just go to this fucker's wallet, and look at the transactions holy gently caress

man everyone at ccp hq is mentally retarded

like, 3b is whatever i'm just surprised at how totally incompetent and retarded everyone over there is, 3 gms later and none of them know what's going on.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

CCP IS SUCH DOGSHIT what the gently caress

the gm is literally 'the logs show nothing'ing me and quoted the loving bio on the structure as proof that the offices are free- yet can't use his gm tools to even look at the wallet of the guy getting the payouts for apparently no reason

like just go to this fucker's wallet, and look at the transactions holy gently caress

man everyone at ccp hq is mentally retarded

like, 3b is whatever i'm just surprised at how totally incompetent and retarded everyone over there is, 3 gms later and none of them know what's going on.

:ssh:
Its CCP thats doing it

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Hexel posted:

lmao put hed+doom+dan in charge of any alliance and see if it lasts 6 months...

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Rutibex posted:

I heard they dissolved into a puddle like the wicked witch of the west

"And having won EVE back when it was cool, we saw no need to keep playing it anymore now that it was lame and required us to do actual work."

PL, the hipster alliance.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

HAHAHAHAHA PL IS GONE?

goongrats all, have fun SMITING the north

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Mr. Pickles posted:

HAHAHAHAHA PL IS GONE?

goongrats all, have fun SMITING the north

Not gone, just not the boogeyman of EVE anymore.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Btw how are you guys faring in the war?

I have some IRL pals who are ratting somewhere in NC space, already warned them to move

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Mr. Pickles posted:

Btw how are you guys faring in the war?

I have some IRL pals who are ratting somewhere in NC space, already warned them to move

it's over for now

we got paid off to take a break for a month in most of the outposts in deklein (scooped and given to us)

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Also I dont think we ever seriously challenged NC/renter sov? Maybe one of our special sigs went over to say hi.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Prop Wash posted:

Also I dont think we ever seriously challenged NC/renter sov? Maybe one of our special sigs went over to say hi.

yeah we didn't push further than fade/pb

breaking even those was a lot of work, and involved multiple supercap throwdowns

we murdered and lost quite the pile of titans to do even that much

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

yeah we didn't push further than fade/pb

breaking even those was a lot of work, and involved multiple supercap throwdowns

we murdered and lost quite the pile of titans to do even that much

I assume those keepstars are staying where they are, ready for round two? Or does the peace treaty mean me have to unanchor them?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rutibex posted:

I assume those keepstars are staying where they are, ready for round two? Or does the peace treaty mean me have to unanchor them?

i am not sure but i can't think of a reason why we'd pull up a rigged keepstar

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
also that deal made gobbins so mad that PH hard reset gotg and also possibly NC? so the entire north is just cannibalizing itself

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

yeah, supposedly phorde and/or black legion (working with phorde) were using ncdot citadels to stage dreads to drop on gotg

and ncdot, being directly next in line for a dicking geographically speaking, wisely figured that was not a great idea

Ixliam
Apr 2, 2011

Rockin' In The Free World
Watching the north just eat itself is one of the best timelines we could ask for.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Thanks to whoever posted that market guide. I'm a lovely newbie with very little capital but have managed to climb from 1B ISK net worth to 2.5B ISK in a week, pretty happy with myself.

E: Best item I've managed to find so far is the one I've been able to flip at ~500x the purchase price.

lovely tuna snatch fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Oct 11, 2018

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

lovely tuna snatch posted:

Thanks to whoever posted that market guide. I'm a lovely newbie with very little capital but have managed to climb from 1B ISK net worth to 2.5B ISK in a week, pretty happy with myself.

E: Best item I've managed to find so far is the one I've been able to flip at ~500x the purchase price.

The best profit margins I can find that aren't so competitive they require constant poopsocking and active enough that there's a reasonably quick return is about 10x purchase price. I've done pretty well, managed to nearly double 400m ISK from a week's worth of wheeling and dealing

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
rtupm

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

lovely tuna snatch posted:

That was a wonderful guide. Please never post it again; there's enough competition in the market as is :sun:

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
What surprised me about simple arbitrage is how low the barrier of entry is. My market alt started with 100k and turned it into 2bn. (Not terribly fast, but fast enough that it was more than an academic exercise.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ZekeNY posted:

That was a wonderful guide. Please never post it again; there's enough competition in the market as is :sun:

:v:
I only posted that guide because I was coming up on a busy time of year and couldn't find the time to poop sock my orders for a while. I already cashed out all of my orders a week prior!

I was kind of curious what would happen to the market :twisted: