Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Playing Breath of the Wild at the moment and a cool little thing is that you can feed your horse apples. What is even cooler is that the horse will stretch his neck out to where the apple is to eat it, say if the apple rolls away a little bit. Then the horse loves you!

About loving time Nintendo puts in a Mr. Hands reference in Zelda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

In assassins creed syndicate the Thames is alternately the color of poo poo and piss

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
More like oldpissless

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I'm playing One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3, and Buggy the Clown is a playable character. He has the ability to detach his limbs and have them operate independently of his body, since he ate the Chop-Chop Fruit. Since it's a musou game, the maps are a good size and you can sprint to cover ground faster. Most characters just run around.

Not Buggy. He turns himself into a loving car. I don't know where the wheels come from, but I don't care, the car is stupid, funny, ridiculous, and I love every second of zooming around the battlefield as this loving clown car. My wife thought I was insane from how much I enjoyed the car.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

On the topic of pirate warriors 3, my favorite little thing is that Sanji deals basically no damage to women because he refuses to hurt girls.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Synthetik is a mostly-serious top-down tactical shooter. But then there's the 420 SniperDragon, a laser sniper rifle whose special ability is 360 Noscope. When it's equipped, the game tracks how far you've turned recently, and if you spin 360 degrees, then you get a short-lived but substantial damage boost. Have fun spinning around and then trying to land headshots! Seriously, it's fun.

(Synthetik is also super-fun, go play it)

Thanks, love you too.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

More like oldpissless

Dangit, I was sure he was Donald Trump.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Nuebot posted:

I named my dragon lady Dewslam Beefgrab. :downs:

I play with a guy who plays a catboy male catgirl, and his name N'yaarles Barkley is literally lore-appropriate

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

World War Mammories posted:

I play with a guy who plays a catboy male catgirl, and his name N'yaarles Barkley is literally lore-appropriate

Shouldn’t he be Charles Meowly?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

More like oldpissless

Wouldn’t it be more like, oldpissful or oldshitfull or oldpissandshitfull?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
It's not much of a little thing, given its an update to the game centralized on it, but the automation / drone feature in Slime Rancher is really helpful. Just tell the drone what you want to pick up, from where, and where to deposit it, and it just works.

It's really helpful for my free-range segments of my farm. No more having to hunt for slime poop in the long grass!

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Ariong posted:

Shouldn’t he be Charles Meowly?

N'yaarles PawKly?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Synthetik is a mostly-serious top-down tactical shooter. But then there's the 420 SniperDragon, a laser sniper rifle whose special ability is 360 Noscope. When it's equipped, the game tracks how far you've turned recently, and if you spin 360 degrees, then you get a short-lived but substantial damage boost. Have fun spinning around and then trying to land headshots! Seriously, it's fun.

(Synthetik is also super-fun, go play it)

Super broken OP vs bosses (who have huge hit boxes) and loving every minute of it.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Agent355 posted:

Super broken OP vs bosses (who have huge hit boxes) and loving every minute of it.

Spin2win.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

My favorite little things in games is the Monster Hunter: World is actually going to hit it's august release date for PC after being delayed in January. That was up in the air whether it would get delayed again until recently when it went up on steam for pre-order (got mine).

I wanna dress up so many cats.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Agent355 posted:

My favorite little things in games is the Monster Hunter: World is actually going to hit it's august release date for PC after being delayed in January. That was up in the air whether it would get delayed again until recently when it went up on steam for pre-order (got mine).

I wanna dress up so many cats.

As a lonely man surrounded by cats, I can assure you that you don't need a Capcom game to do that

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Screaming Idiot posted:

As a lonely man surrounded by cats, I can assure you that you don't need a Capcom game to do that

My cat fit into 0-3 month clothes at one point and when I found that out I was so happy.

He was not.

BUT HE LOOKED SO CUTE IN HIS LITTLE POLO WITH A LION ON IT!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Len posted:

My cat fit into 0-3 month clothes at one point and when I found that out I was so happy.

He was not.

BUT HE LOOKED SO CUTE IN HIS LITTLE POLO WITH A LION ON IT!

Maybe your cat is just racist against Kenyans

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Screaming Idiot posted:

Maybe your cat is just racist against Kenyans

I thought he would appreciate wearing a lion since I call him a vicious lion (he's not at all the little wimpy thing gets scared of bugs that fly at him)

In games talk I loving love how insane Danganronpa 2 got by this last trial. Like the game started out cranked to 11 but then chapter 6 started and then the trial started and now I'm at the end of it and :tviv:

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Good timing on the cat thing, I picked up The Sims 4 and a few expansions the other day. The Cats & Dogs expansion includes a Roomba as something you can buy for your house. If you also happen to have a cat in the household, sometimes this happens:

Also if your sims choose to Talk To their cat, the cat will just stare at them in a "I have no idea what you're saying but I'll pretend to look interested" way
:kimchi:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Icedude posted:

Good timing on the cat thing, I picked up The Sims 4 and a few expansions the other day. The Cats & Dogs expansion includes a Roomba as something you can buy for your house. If you also happen to have a cat in the household, sometimes this happens:

Also if your sims choose to Talk To their cat, the cat will just stare at them in a "I have no idea what you're saying but I'll pretend to look interested" way
:kimchi:

I want a Roomba just for that reason but the price tag is entirely too steep to justify buying the cat chariot

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Ha, just noticed particularly bulky armour in FFXIV prevents your character from moving their head - they have to turn their entire upper body, or lean backwards, and it's wonderfully awkward.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
Oh, I've worn that briefly because I thought it looked awful and I never noticed! That's amazing, please continue liveblogging :allears:

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
It adds an extra element to the cutscenes too - rather than nodding stoically and doing basic interaction, the character is stiff as a board and everyone now looks as if they're talking over. :v:

A game hasn't made this sort of impression on me in a while.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Got to play the arcade version of Theatrhythm this weekend, I know the DS ones do the same thing but drat do I love the chibi boss monsters.

They’re adorable! :3:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I love that kind of thing. Here's how they got the perspective in Link Between Worlds (a 3D game) to match that of Link to the Past:

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

I love that kind of thing. Here's how they got the perspective in Link Between Worlds (a 3D game) to match that of Link to the Past:

Enter the Gungeon usually looks like this.

Pretty normal 2D sprite game, aye? Well...

The game's secretly 3D.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

HA! That's loving hilarious!

This poo poo is all completely new to me.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
What happens when you enable player control during New Vegas ending slides (normally just static images with voice-over):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywKKK3rSeeo

Kennel has a new favorite as of 19:42 on Jul 30, 2018

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Kennel posted:

What happens when you enable player control during New Vegas ending slides (normally just static images with voice-over):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywKKK3rSeeo

Huh, Ron the Narrator has a 5 in every SPECIAL stat (which is what you’d expect for a placeholder NPC) except Charisma, for which he has a 10.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

The fallout 3 train hat is still the best instance of clever video game tricks

There's a train that you need to use in one of the Fallout 3 DLC's but the engine that bethesda is notoriously wonky and can't really handle vehicles. Solution? Make a hat and push the npc wearing the hat along the path.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Ariong posted:

Huh, Ron the Narrator has a 5 in every SPECIAL stat (which is what you’d expect for a placeholder NPC) except Charisma, for which he has a 10.
Ron Perlman has got the charisma.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Lord Lambeth posted:

The fallout 3 train hat is still the best instance of clever video game tricks

There's a train that you need to use in one of the Fallout 3 DLC's but the engine that bethesda is notoriously wonky and can't really handle vehicles. Solution? Make a hat and push the npc wearing the hat along the path.

Look at the right arm. It's actually a glove.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
So Dragons Crown art is gorgeous, even if all the women have enormous boobs and nobody wears a bra, but the animators have had fun with this - the sorceress character is so busty that when running, she tilts her head backwards as to avoid getting smacked in the face.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Jetamo posted:

Enter the Gungeon usually looks like this.

Pretty normal 2D sprite game, aye? Well...

The game's secretly 3D.

This is actually due to the unity engine.
In unity everything is rendered in 3d, even 2d games. There is no 2d render mode.
So you apparently you can do some neat tricks with that wouldnt be (easily) possible with a purely 2d render mode, Like object-space visual effects.

The downside is that makes the games have huge overhead that a 2d game really shoul not have, and 2d unity games are lovely runners on older machinery.

Rigged Death Trap has a new favorite as of 15:16 on Jul 31, 2018

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Rigged Death Trap posted:

In unity everything is rendered in 3d, even 2d games. There is no 2d render mode.

If Gungeon were purely a "Unity 2D" game, then you wouldn't have walls, characters, and props protruding from the floor like that. Everything would look like the dead bullets -- just flat textures lying on the ground.

But even purely 2D games often use 3D rendering pipelines these days, just because that allows you to take advantage of GPUs for things like rotating and scaling sprites. Doing that work in software is extremely expensive.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Didn't prison architect do the same?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
La-Mulana 2 also does some cool stuff with the 3d nature of Unity despite being a 2d game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

So you apparently you can do some neat tricks with that wouldnt be (easily) possible with a purely 2d render mode, Like object-space visual effects.

The downside is that makes the games have huge overhead that a 2d game really shoul not have, and 2d unity games are lovely runners on older machinery.

Makes Ori and the Blind Forest all the more impressive. drat that was a pretty game.