Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Truga posted:

In the old dx9 client during ARR, I'd get hilariously bad frame rates every time one of those purple boss lockout walls activated, or there was a dungeon entrance effect somewhere on the screen. Something about particle sprites rendering super badly, it was reported on their bug section as an issue people rarely had, both with nvidia and amd, but never fixed.

So every time I played content without any of those happening everything felt so smooth all the time. Now the game just runs at 60fps the entire time and that smoothness feeling is gone :v:

I'm still stuck on dx9 because dx11 causes my client to crash randomly :( have yet to find a fix for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

An odd question but:

Does anyone have an image of a Triple Triad card border/online, preferably without numbers/stars? I'm trying to make a gift for a friend but am having a hell of a time just finding the border, it's usually a full card.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

ImpAtom posted:

An odd question but:

Does anyone have an image of a Triple Triad card border/online, preferably without numbers/stars? I'm trying to make a gift for a friend but am having a hell of a time just finding the border, it's usually a full card.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Appreciated! Is there any chance you have it a big larger? No problem if not, thank you either way.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

I tried upsizing it, but it got blurry.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Leofish posted:

I tried upsizing it, but it got blurry.

No worries. Thanks anyway!

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

So I find myself stuck on the Royal Menagerie. I've attempted it with 3 different DF groups now and every time we've failed. In fact, every time people died to the first mechanic even on the second or third attempt. How are people this bad at this game?

I wish I could do this with goons but I'm on Faerie with IRL friends.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
You can make cross-world parties now with the Party Finder. If you want goons, you can have them. The Royal Menagerie smacks a lot of people because it requires better play than pretty much all of Stormblood. As long as nobody is aggressively bad, you can sleep through Susano and Lakshmi Normal. Lakshmi always takes an incredibly long time for me when I get it in Trial DR, but they still aren't tough. Shinryu has a fair number of mechanics.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Faerie is in a different datacenter.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is Excal still as populated as it was? Limsa is a bit empty but it's a weekday and I imagine most people are in the expansion city, right?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Rosalind posted:

So I find myself stuck on the Royal Menagerie. I've attempted it with 3 different DF groups now and every time we've failed. In fact, every time people died to the first mechanic even on the second or third attempt. How are people this bad at this game?

this kinda surprises me to be honest

On release it was a huge hurdle because people were horribly undergeared, half the time you had tanks and healers who didn't even do their level 70 class quest and was still in a hodge podge of leveling gear.

Every time I've gotten Royal Menagerie in TDR since release, it's been 6-7 overgeared people who know the content dragging one or two people through the content kicking and screaming.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Limsa is like the only place I see RMT spam anymore so I tend to avoid it.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Same, I wonder whats up with that location. I have problems actually finding where the spammers physically are.

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

Rosalind posted:

Yeah, PF's probably the way. You can get some veterans helping you out, in exchange for first-timer bonus.

There are still some goons spreaded around on Aether datacenter. Me, for one. Also, if you see Feona Elgrande around, give me a holler.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Anyone want to do maps tonight? Say 7pm Eastern?

--> :getin: <--

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I feel like I get accustomed to 60FPS pretty quickly after watching it for a little bit, like during gameplay, but having a sudden 60FPS clip doesn't have that acclimation so it's like starting at zero. I stop noticing it on 60FPS streams after a while too.

When I bought ARR back whenever (at 2.0 launch), I noticed the frame rate dropping to 40fps or so almost immediately since all I was playing were Source engine games that will do 300fps on a russet potato.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rosalind posted:

Wow, is it really that bad? The DF party I went with did it in one go. Maybe I got a bunch of people doing Trial Roulette or something.

I don't think we're on the same server (unless Faerie is on Aether), so I hope you manage to find someone through PF.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Im afraid to get Royal Menagerie. I completed it once in launch week but I was dead for most of it and havent run into it in the Roulette either.

In reality Ive never really beaten it myself.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Royal Menagerie is a fight that is mostly pretty generous in how much leeway it gives you to recover, but still requires some learning on some key mechanics. Just yesterday, 5 people slid straight off the edge because of Diamond Dust

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I did RM on launch window without any trouble and then every time I tried to help other people it was a disasterfest which is a shame because I like that fight a lot.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLU1VGUVd-s

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I one shot it a couple of days after SB launched and never got it since.

I'm happy to keep it that way.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Rosalind posted:

If you know a good healer, they can single-handedly drag a party through that. Last time I was in there on SCH was with four first-timers, so I had to scrape about seven or eight people off the floor, use all of the job's weird tricks like Dissipation and Deployment, and generally run around like my head was on fire. It was fun.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The Thavnair set only really works with stockings, exposed legs or long boots. You could probably get away with legs but the butt cape and weird front flap over a skirt is a big no no.

okay fine

The tights (if you can call them that) actually look a lot better on characters that aren't 4 foot 10, though I'd still like some leggings that more-or-less match. Oh well.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Same, I wonder whats up with that location. I have problems actually finding where the spammers physically are.

Market boards/retainer bells in the same instance as the aetheryte.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The spammers in Limsa are often under the game world, getting there by teleporting with their hack program thing they use.

I see them in Ul'dah, Grid and Quarrymill near the POTD pretty often, though Limsa is king.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Not sure why they bother with the terrain hacks, you can report and block them with just the chat window anyway.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Thundarr posted:

Not sure why they bother with the terrain hacks, you can report and block them with just the chat window anyway.
You gotta click like three times to do it, so that probably discourages people in a way that one click would not.

I have also seen them in Ul'dah although not in Gridania. They gotta do more with that town.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

ImpAtom posted:

Appreciated! Is there any chance you have it a big larger? No problem if not, thank you either way.

Give this tool a shot, see if the textures still come out looking acceptable. http://waifu2x.udp.jp

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Give this tool a shot, see if the textures still come out looking acceptable. http://waifu2x.udp.jp

I will do so! Thanks again.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Limsa has marketboard next to an aetheryte, other cities don't, so that's my guess why you will notice them immediately or why it is so popular.
I am more annoyed by gambling players.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Dwesa posted:

Limsa has marketboard next to an aetheryte, other cities don't, so that's my guess why you will notice them immediately or why it is so popular.
I am more annoyed by gambling players.

Actually they put a new aetheryte in Uldah that teleports you straight to the marketboards.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I think they mean the main city aetherite is right beside the board, so as soon as you get to town you're at the market as well.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Nessus posted:

You gotta click like three times to do it, so that probably discourages people in a way that one click would not.

I have also seen them in Ul'dah although not in Gridania. They gotta do more with that town.

I've seen RMT bots in Gridania before, but not to the extent I've seen them in other cities.

Every once in awhile I catch a group of multi-box characters with similar gibberish names getting Twin Adders achievements at the barracks.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Widargelt looks a lot like a Manderville man. That makes me feel excited for MNK 30-50.

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

Rosalind posted:

I'm on faerie as well and I've never had a problem with RM in like 10ish shots, even with bonus. Think you might have just gotten unlucky, friend.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

SonicRulez posted:

Widargelt looks a lot like a Manderville man. That makes me feel excited for MNK 30-50.

Think a slightly less incompetent Curious Gorge. Erik is the best part of the early monk quests.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

SonicRulez posted:

Widargelt is... not a very exciting character, particularly in the 30-50 range. Erik is pretty amusing though and actually unlocks a fair amount of exposition for anybody who cares to listen to him. (Plus there's a gag in the Stormblood that only makes sense if you've met Erik during the monk quests)

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Thanks everyone for your advice on Royal Menagerie. I got some FC people and then filled out the rest with DF and we managed to do it on the first try. It's amazing how just having 2-3 really good, trustworthy people makes all the difference!

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer
Is it worth jumping ship from WoW? I got the trial but for all of WoW's flaws I've invested a lot of time and I know what I'm doing there.

Is Ff14 better, or just a different (albeit much better looking) version of the same general game?

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
E: Sorry, 86 that, group decided to call it for tonight.

In related posting anyone looking to tank for Savage Delta clears and 4.2?

BrightWing fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Dec 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Finagle posted:

Is it worth jumping ship from WoW? I got the trial but for all of WoW's flaws I've invested a lot of time and I know what I'm doing there.

Is Ff14 better, or just a different (albeit much better looking) version of the same general game?

The early game of FF14 is babby's first WoW clone. You'll feel "at home" because it's similar in many ways, but it will feel slow. FF14's GCD is a full second longer than WoW, I think, at 2.5 seconds, and the first half of the base game really holds your hand. On the other hand, I've enjoyed this game a lot more than I enjoyed WoW, which I played for many years. You can be any job, without having to reroll an alt, which is nice, and the armor models are, in my opinion, much better.

This game also has a mandatory story you have to do. It's a series of quests spread out over all levels up to the level cap, and it unlocks most of the features. You can level beyond the story, but a majority of the content is locked behind the story so you're going to need to do it eventually.