Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Kashuno posted:

This is actually pretty good

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I should mark Hashmal in some arbitrary order, C on the left, A middle, and B right and see what happens.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

I would start playing again if they released a dungeon or raid of Terra from FF9.

FF9 being an Omega tier seems pretty feasible to me.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I should mark Hashmal in some arbitrary order, C on the left, A middle, and B right and see what happens.

You'll wipe, because half the raid will be "I know where to go I don't need markers" and the other half will go to the marker and you won't have dps and you'll wipe.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Kashuno posted:

I feel so bad for this lol, but it's a good one

E: I also got a sensible chuckle from Breaking Brick Mountain, but that's good ol Koji

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Dec 7, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Wacky Delly posted:

You'll wipe, because half the raid will be "I know where to go I don't need markers" and the other half will go to the marker and you won't have dps and you'll wipe.

Quite recently, I marked the final room of Labyrinth CBA left to right and C and A went to the marks unquestioningly. I was in group B for peak lazy, iirc.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Kashuno posted:

5/5, wheezed & snorted (and felt guilty)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

FF9 being an Omega tier seems pretty feasible to me.
A parasitic planet like Terra as a raid would be easy to fit into the lore, too.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Wouldn’t that be a bit too close to what the Ascians want to do re: merging the various shard parallel Hydaelyns back together? It’s not exact, but both are an existential threat against the planet’s mother crystal involving merging.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

i am tim! posted:

Wouldn’t that be a bit too close to what the Ascians want to do re: merging the various shard parallel Hydaelyns back together? It’s not exact, but both are an existential threat against the planet’s mother crystal involving merging.

Omega is basing the FF9 stuff on an old legend that involved an allegory for the ascians.

There I solved the puzzle.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Nah they should only reference actually good games.

Like Chrono Cross, the better Chrono game.

Give us a Radical Dreamers dungeon or raid where if we go off the rails early in it we can help magil capture an intergalactic criminal, or fight a french sunflower demon

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Does anyone have a version of the WT journal without all the UI elements on it? I only just now noticed that there are cute little doodles all over it. And hell, a translation of the Eorzean letters on it would be cool too.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The letters say

"You think you're getting a line? Think again fucker."

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I got a line last week... but I really wanted 2 lines so I could get the wind up Khloe. I ended up MBing it because I was disappointed and stress shopping.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Lizard Wizard posted:

Does anyone have a version of the WT journal without all the UI elements on it? I only just now noticed that there are cute little doodles all over it. And hell, a translation of the Eorzean letters on it would be cool too.

Eorzean script is just using a stylized English alphabet, with some peppered in typos being a Japanese company and all. Easy enough to find a reference online.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

The letters say

Can confirm.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Skaw posted:

Eorzean script is just using a stylized English alphabet, with some peppered in typos being a Japanese company and all. Easy enough to find a reference online.

Fine, then give me the assets for the WT journal so I can do that. :v:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

The letters say

I got 1 line last week with zero shuffles :smug: :gitgud:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

One of these days I'll get three lines. This week would be good for that actually since it has the ornate crafting shirt. Those are going to sell for a silly amount of money.

I just don't want to deal with more scorn from a ten year old catgirl because I'm bad at stickers.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Final Fantasy XIV: The game where a ten-year-old girl's stickerbook is the greatest challenge for you to overcome.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

On the bright side there are still enough new players on Excalibur's data center that getting second chance points isn't a chore.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I'm about to start up a new D&D group soonish, i'm totally stealing Argath's voicelines to use for our first encounter with a demon :allears:

A shame you can't really port over his I AM REVELATION attack smoothly into D&D or i'd steal that too.

Stealing things from FFXIV for D&D groups is great fun. I got really lazy one week, forgot to do prep so my group spent the next 3 months fighting their way through Alexander.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

My power grows, friends. Soon all of my classes will have nice, unique Artifact Gear to wear instead of ugly, sub-50 trash.

And then I'll have to level them up to 70 and watch their unique appearances fade because muh optimized Ala Mhigan/Ivalician/Allagan/Genji Gear. :smith:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

And then I'll have to level them up to 70 and watch their unique appearances fade because muh optimized Ala Mhigan/Ivalician/Allagan/Genji Gear. :smith:

The words of a glamour scrub.

The only reason to bother leveling classes is to put endgame glamours on them.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Don't bully. I have some glamours. I just want my classes to look like their appropriate classes. :argh:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I was so depressed when I finished off DRK and didn't realize that I couldn't have two different glamours for my PLD and my DRK. They have exact opposite aesthetics on purpose, how am I supposed to find something that works for both?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

SonicRulez posted:

I was so depressed when I finished off DRK and didn't realize that I couldn't have two different glamours for my PLD and my DRK. They have exact opposite aesthetics on purpose, how am I supposed to find something that works for both?

you can kinda get around this if you glamor on job restricted gear. If the current job doesnt match the job of the glamour, it shows the base gear. heres my WAR and DRK wearing the same gear as an example

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Easily fixed by not playing DRK, as it's atrocious.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Easily fixed by not playing DRK, as it's atrocious.

DRK is the most fun tank to play atm.

PLD is boring as sin and WAR is visceral but relatively simple and Holmgang sucks rear end.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

DRK is the most fun tank to play atm.

PLD is boring as sin and WAR is visceral but relatively simple and Holmgang sucks rear end.

Pld is cool the higher you get with it, but man does it ever not feel good to get sync'd.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Here's my impression of a pubbie DRK

http://puu.sh/yBTFi/0687b40ab3.webm

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Failboattootoot posted:

Pld is cool the higher you get with it, but man does it ever not feel good to get sync'd.

It's the first tank I got to 70 and the new rotation with Requisqat into Holy Spiritx x 6 FOF etc. over and over again for all eternity got boring really really fast. It's the WHM of tanking. Dead simple and effective but not for people that like to have fun. A water without any ice.

Here's my impression of a pubbie DRK

Stop playing with pubbies then ya goof. Like your compaint is a pubbie doesn't use their class mechanics effectively or even without any real understanding? Wow that sure is a thing unique to DRK. Lord knows I've never been in Doma Castle withe a PLD that used Sword oath only and never hit his enmity combo or used any cooldowns.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Dec 8, 2017

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Failboattootoot posted:

Seriously, but I think DRK is even worse. I'm in the process of getting it to 70 and it just doesn't feel fun most of the time. Being above 60 helps though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

It's the first tank I got to 70 and the new rotation with Requisqat into Holy Spiritx x 6 FOF etc. over and over again for all eternity got boring really really fast. It's the WHM of tanking. Dead simple and effective but not for people that like to have fun. A water without any ice.

I thought the best way was physical rotation first so you get the FoF buff on the req hit.

I've been doing that and popping a pot before my first royal authority because that will give me two RA, one Goring Blade, and all of my holy spirits inside the pot duration.

Is there a better way?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

I thought the best way was physical rotation first so you get the FoF buff on the req hit.

I've been doing that and popping a pot before my first royal authority because that will give me two RA, one Goring Blade, and all of my holy spirits inside the pot duration.

Is there a better way?

I do what you said I just listed them out of order and didn't fix it for :effort: reasons

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I like PLD's simplicity because I'm not very good at tanking. I can focus better on mechanics when my rotation is a bit less difficult. Less oGCDs to keep up with. DRK is pretty cool too, I just haven't been given many chances to play it at 70. I'm thinking I'm gonna start giving it a go in EXDR over PLD whenever I can't get friends to go with me.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I just wish I had started on my squadron earlier, because if I want to level a tank I have to wait for my squadron to be able to do the dungeon I need.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Is there a point to darkside anymore?

I mean with regards to not just being innate. Tank, OT, or DPS you always want it on, and the MP restrictions seem trivial after the SB rework.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

itskage posted:

Is there a point to darkside anymore?

I mean with regards to not just being innate. Tank, OT, or DPS you always want it on, and the MP restrictions seem trivial after the SB rework.

In theory you might want to disable it for mana regen during long down periods like chariot rear end in a top hat's super attack. In actuality? Eeeh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I just wish I had started on my squadron earlier, because if I want to level a tank I have to wait for my squadron to be able to do the dungeon I need.

Just queue for the dungeon normally, it's not like the early dungeons are difficult to tank.