Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I think it's the 28th maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

It'll be either the 24th or 3rd.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
It's on the 32nd.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Node posted:

It's on the 32nd.

:lsd:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Maybe it'll be March 10th?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
https://us.diablo3.blizzard.com/en-us/blog/23897180/season-28-rites-of-sanctuary-preview-2-17-2023

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Interesting changes to Nat's, I like what they did here. Omryn's Chain might become useful for the first time...ever?

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Oh, that’s lovely that it starts on the 24th! I’ll have a bunch of extra time since my students are on vacation.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
As a former trap assassin in D2 this makes me happy

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Flying out to Iceland on the 24th. You guys will power level me when I get back right?

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
Yay they buffed WD!

Unfortunately no such love for Crusader.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Looks like 18 is as high as I got for unlocks. There's no way I'm doing 4 Set Dungeons.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
You can get those pages without actually entering the dungeons, you just have to equip the relevant set and go to the Tome of Set Dungeons in the Royal Quarters at Leoric's Manor and it'll give you a page that gives you a hint about where the set dungeon is located. 4 of those hint pages from 1 class unlocks that node.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

You can get those pages without actually entering the dungeons, you just have to equip the relevant set and go to the Tome of Set Dungeons in the Royal Quarters at Leoric's Manor and it'll give you a page that gives you a hint about where the set dungeon is located. 4 of those hint pages from 1 class unlocks that node.

That's good to know. Thank you, and may Diablo have mercy on your Soulstone.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
Most important bits for the tldr crowd

quote:

We have removed all pylons from the final potion power and replaced them with a 16-second Dimensional Power pylon. To compensate for the power decrease, we buffed several damage Seals elsewhere in the tree.

One Never Ending Questions
Four Tome of Set Dungeon Pages from your class. See the chart below for more information.
Potion pylons nerfed as expected but shrines are still in. Unclear if Flavor of Time will double the new buff's duration. No mention of a change to Necro Leech curse blood flask rune. No longer need the randomly dropped set dungeon page, still need Staff of Herding.

Bug fixes

quote:

The power description for Seal N has been updated for increased clarity.
Pets will no longer pick up and salvage other players’ common, magic, and rare items because of the power from Seal X.
Fixed an issue where Seal V caused more progress orbs to drop than intended.
What was unclear about critical hits grant resource? How does instanced loot even work if pets could gently caress with other players' drops :lmao: ? Good bye up to 7 progress orbs per pack.

An entire rework of Nat's which is guaranteed to have something fucky given it underwent no external testing

quote:

Natalya’s Vengeance (2-piece bonus):
Hitting an enemy summons a Spike Trap if it is on your action bar. Each Spike Trap detonation restores 1 Discipline.
Spike Trap deals 100% increased damage to enemies affected by Caltrops. Spike Trap now instantly refreshes charges on use, no longer cost resources, and each detonation restores 2 Discipline.

Natalya’s Vengeance (4-piece bonus):
Laying a Spike Trap grants 60% damage reduction. The duration of this bonus is always equal to the number of already laid traps in seconds.
Spike Trap explosions will blast affected enemies towards the nearest set Caltrops. Laying a Spike Trap grants 75% damage reduction. The duration of this bonus is always equal to the number of already laid traps in seconds.

Natalya’s Vengeance (6-piece bonus):
Spike Traps deal 10,000% increased damage, and each consecutive blast from the detonation chain reaction will deal 10% more damage than the previous blast.
Spike Trap deals 10,000% increased damage, and each consecutive explosion from the detonated chain reaction will deal 25% more damage than the previous blast.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

If Spike Traps pixel pull like WW Barb then you might see a whole bunch of weird Support DH builds that use Nat's.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I think I got about everything I wanted in the patch notes. Should make for a fun season...until farming for the staff of herding.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Wanna go DH to try out the new Nat’s but I’m not a huge fan of GoD. On the other hand Frenzy Barb got a nice buff and I’ve always liked that set…

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

exquisite tea posted:

Wanna go DH to try out the new Nat’s but I’m not a huge fan of GoD. On the other hand Frenzy Barb got a nice buff and I’ve always liked that set…

GoD would be great if you didn't have to keep stacks up every second. Makes it a more annoying WW.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

This season looks to be pretty good. After 4000 or so hours of solo only play, I might finally give multiplayer a try.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Oops

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Suburban Dad posted:

GoD would be great if you didn't have to keep stacks up every second. Makes it a more annoying WW.

WW kind of has the same problem in higher tiers where item-based procs don't utilize area damage correctly and you have to start manually casting Rend to get the most out of it. I don't like having to recast Hungering Arrow every 4 seconds either, though, even if it is otherwise very fast.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
GoD is just way too fast for me. Like it actually makes me kind of nauseous.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
My problem with making a GoD Demon Hunter on PS5 last season for bounties/the Boss Rush conquest was that, even with great rolls on my gear and being pretty fastidious with Hungering Arrow stacks, my resource pile would never be reliable and would zonk out at the worst times.

At least this season has a bunch of “you’ll do these naturally during play” conquests! I love those!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Something you can do to keep from getting Hatred starved on lower GRs is just rune in Seethe instead of Dark Heart when survival is not an issue. Probably won’t matter this season with the resource on crit altar power though.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Just use the bat companion. Or is there not room for that in that build?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

GoD generally uses Vengeance, Smoke Bomb, Fan of Knives and Prep on its hotbar for maximum vroom although you could potentially swap one of those for Bat Companion. There are better choices though, such as Seethe or the Night Stalker passive.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

My problem with making a GoD Demon Hunter on PS5 last season for bounties/the Boss Rush conquest was that, even with great rolls on my gear and being pretty fastidious with Hungering Arrow stacks, my resource pile would never be reliable and would zonk out at the worst times.

At least this season has a bunch of “you’ll do these naturally during play” conquests! I love those!

For just t16 content I use yangs recurve, the 50% resource reduction makes it easy to spin2win

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Yang's is the right answer for t16 GOD, your issue always ends up being hatred starvation from everything getting 1-shot and 50% RCR fixes this better than any skill option. If you're feeling spicy, you can run Yang's with Echoing Fury in the cube to go extra fast in t16 once you have decent toughness, which should be easy with the full season theme.

e: the other massive QOL boost from Yang's is it also applies to Smokescreen so you can spam Displacement much deeper into the rift.

KenBearlLOLOL fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 19, 2023

chird
Sep 26, 2004

Bought the D2R+D3 Prime Evil. Levelled a barb to 70, did the campaign, unlocked the cube.

Guess I'll just wait till Friday to do much more tho.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Do a greater rift before Friday so you unlock the challenge rift (don't do the challenge rift till after season start on Friday or you won't be able to get those sweet, sweet mats till a week from Monday).

chird
Sep 26, 2004

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

Do a greater rift before Friday so you unlock the challenge rift (don't do the challenge rift till after season start on Friday or you won't be able to get those sweet, sweet mats till a week from Monday).

Ok, thanks, will do.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

Absolutely, so glad the conquests are good this season. It always sucks to hit a wall with them right at the end.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Think I might just start as Wiz again this season. Hydra isn't my favorite starter set but it's super efficient for farming and Tal's will probably remain the #1 solo pushing build in the game. Hopefully I'll get some time to check out how powerful the new Nat's will be tomorrow.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

exquisite tea posted:

Think I might just start as Wiz again this season. Hydra isn't my favorite starter set but it's super efficient for farming and Tal's will probably remain the #1 solo pushing build in the game.

same

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I'm getting all my old launch classes to 70 since it's pretty easy to level up with adventure mode. I'd beaten the release version with a Witch Doctor with a spirit barrage build, so I brought that guy up to 70. I now know why people don't talk as much about Witch Doctor. 60-70 was kind of painful, things took forever to die. I switched builds around but it still just didn't feel effective. I'm sure end game sets help a lot, but the class just doesn't feel super cohesive.

I am now getting my Demon Hunter from 60-70, and I had totally forgotten how fun a missiles build on Demon Hunter can be.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
My big issue with the WD is one of feel. Most of its abilities just don't have that sort of visceral impact that so many of the other classes' do.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Witch doctor has kind of felt like the class the devs didn't really know what they wanted to do with since 2012. Class sets kind of help on this but they usually go for "wow this has a lot of flavor/theme to it" over "this is a mechanically cohesive build that does things players want to do" on their first attempt, except the Mundunugu set where they basically lifted the gameplay from an LON/LOD build that already existed and turned it up, then nerfed it into the dirt after a season, then nerfed it further into the dirt after 2 more seasons where nobody played it. The best part of the class is that you can't get decent movement for speed runs without sacrificing tons of damage because all the item support for mobility is in weapons/offhands.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

That exploding chicken be fast, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

bio347 posted:

My big issue with the WD is one of feel. Most of its abilities just don't have that sort of visceral impact that so many of the other classes' do.

I feel like that's just ranged characters/builds in general. It's just not going to feel the same as bashing heads with a melee character.