Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

dolan just referenced this article on fb and fuckin' lol

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/the-littlest-invasions/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

It's so dark that the best American paper on foreign policy is a Paleocon mag.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

he should take over for chris wallace on sunday mornings

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

i say swears online posted:

he should take over for chris wallace on sunday mornings
I dearly love this show and have been following their writing for years but there is way I'd WATCH John do anything.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Remulak posted:

I dearly love this show and have been following their writing for years but there is way I'd WATCH John do anything.

same, just...same

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
pity the Fox News engineer who’d have to figure out a working video link to a McDonald’s in Turin / Kuwait City / Albania / Ireland each week

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Live from a restroom somewhere in northern Italy, it's Sunday morning

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

I hate to interrupt, but our viewers want to know, John, have you tried pulling the handle up?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Hell yes, Balkans episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZQm-RT450c

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

that’s so good.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

guess I have another podcast to throw on the pile now

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

newsletter on that american conservative reconstruction bullshit was a banger

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
What's the thread title from? I can hear it in John's voice but don't know the reference.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

From him griping about Duolingo

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

shirts and skins posted:

What's the thread title from? I can hear it in John's voice but don't know the reference.

He's trying to learn Italian with the duolingo app, which has a cartoon owl that is happy or sad depending on how well you're doing.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Hahaha that rules. John is the best at being the worst.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I knew I had to subscribe to The Empire Never Ended when I saw they had premium episodes on the Rural Peoples' Party and Temple ov Blood. They have three patreon tiers that all have the same benefits, but one of them is a "Western Liberal" tier for 25 bux.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Balkans chat is so loving good and I can't follow any of it because every name bounces off my brain and I can't retain anyone other than Legija, insanely good two episodes.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Empire Never Ended is like 50% Balkans chat. It's real good.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Everytime they say Legija I keep hearing GIGN as in the French elite police force unit and get really confused over and over. On top of already being confused already.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A lot of Balkan nationalism is based on the idea that other people are actually also Croats or Serbs or whatever, they're just pretending to be something else. Everybody else's nationality is a false consciousness except mine.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
this man's jawline is out of control

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

modern history thread brought him up; have they ever done an episode on macarthur?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

They need to do a deep dive on the Korean War before focusing on MacArthur

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

That’s a guy who is not talked about nearly enough. Weirdly I think the most popular media I’ve ever heard of that actually incorporates about how power hungry he was is a alt history Hearts of Iron 4 mod.

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010
https://twitter.com/whitesiadbarre/status/1475681844800757760?t=4UabczWG6qUuZseYOyiAkg&s=19

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Nothus posted:

Live from a restroom somewhere in northern Italy, it's Sunday morning

Lol

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

That’s a guy who is not talked about nearly enough. Weirdly I think the most popular media I’ve ever heard of that actually incorporates about how power hungry he was is a alt history Hearts of Iron 4 mod.

The Moonies produced a bizarre Korean war movie called Incheon, and MacArthur plays a central role in it. It's really funny because the script and tone are totally reverent of MacArthur, but the plot makes it look like he didn't really do anything.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The Moonies produced a bizarre Korean war movie called Incheon, and MacArthur plays a central role in it. It's really funny because the script and tone are totally reverent of MacArthur, but the plot makes it look like he didn't really do anything.

I some Gregory Peck movie when I was a little kid that was probably a meh movie in isolation but from what I remember had basically nothing whatsoever to do with MacArthur the actual person.

e: actually nv thinking back on it there’s no way it wasn’t a dogshit movie but that when was when we only had like 20 movies to choose from in the house.

Butter Activities has issued a correction as of 22:22 on Dec 28, 2021

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh no boo radley has crossed the 38th parallel

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

I some Gregory Peck movie when I was a little kid that was probably a meh movie in isolation but from what I remember had basically nothing whatsoever to do with MacArthur the actual person.

e: actually nv thinking back on it there’s no way it wasn’t a dogshit movie but that when was when we only had like 20 movies to choose from in the house.

Inchon is a really bad movie so I wouldn''t recommend watching it. But the Cinema Snob did a 30 minute video on it that shows all the highlights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJuBGo0j8tQ

The first thing the North Koreans do when they cross the border is shoot everyone in sight, just for the love of killing.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Inchon is a really bad movie so I wouldn''t recommend watching it. But the Cinema Snob did a 30 minute video on it that shows all the highlights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJuBGo0j8tQ

The first thing the North Koreans do when they cross the border is shoot everyone in sight, just for the love of killing.

oh man this is peak moonie just amazing

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I'm the one who brought up MacArthur.

MacArthur was loving insane and every single episode in his life could be an entire podcast or a movie or a season of a TV show. He's so forgotten in the 21st century but honestly we've never had another general like him before or since. Personally I think he was awful. But hating MacArthur is like hating the sun for being a giant fusion reaction.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KCBH2QVLok&t=182s

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Great book. Would recommend.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

yes sir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash