Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
ordered my copy. also you loving fool, twoday, i am going to ask you for a circular tattoo around my rear end in a top hat. too late, you didnt specify no cock or rear end tats

my plane is landing in three hours pick me up from the airport

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

CODChimera posted:

should chuck the kickstarter link in the thread title or sticky a thread?

Sticking the thread is considered an abuse of mod powers :shrug:

twoday
May 4, 2005

Holy :wow:

Oct 28, 2003

twoday posted:

Sticking the thread is considered an abuse of mod powers :shrug:

abuse another mod until they do it, this is special.

Oct 28, 2003

wish I had the cash to get the ugliest hairy book.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

twoday posted:

oh my god

CSPAM actually finished a project?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
imo add a stretch goal to buy a replacement vent hood

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

2DCAT posted:

imo add a stretch goal to buy a replacement vent hood

lol

twoday
May 4, 2005

I've been out of black ink for two weeks and just using very dark brown ink, I guess I can splurge on a new bottle

twoday
May 4, 2005

cumshitter posted:

ordered my copy. also you loving fool, twoday, i am going to ask you for a circular tattoo around my rear end in a top hat. too late, you didnt specify no cock or rear end tats

my plane is landing in three hours pick me up from the airport

Also, I've been waiting by the gate for hours, what's the hold up??

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

wish I could go back to my dumb normie lib self in 2012 and tell him that in 2020, he'd be seriously debating using pistol money to buy the bound version of this book because thanks to President Trump causing a plague scenario every gun is sold out everywhere

twoday posted:

I've been out of black ink for two weeks and just using very dark brown ink, I guess I can splurge on a new bottle

if you're mixing your own allow me to sing the praises of hand-ground Flemish white. Please do not read the reviews and those hazard symbols are just an artistic flourish you can ignore

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
v conflicted because leather bound is awesome but also trmrp’s face is viscerally repulsive.

ShoulderDaemon
Oct 9, 2003
support goon fund
Taco Defender

Pascallion posted:

v conflicted because leather bound is awesome but also trmrp’s face is viscerally repulsive.

Just buy both editions.

twoday: I want both editions.

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

tired: buying a hardcover book featuring trump posts
wired: using trump bucks to buy a rococo book featuring trump posts

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Whoops

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

gently caress yes. been debating all morning which version to get

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

dads friend steve posted:

gently caress yes. been debating all morning which version to get

Why not both?

twoday
May 4, 2005

Pascallion posted:

I can put something else on it, just text

twoday
May 4, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

if you're mixing your own allow me to sing the praises of hand-ground Flemish white. Please do not read the reviews and those hazard symbols are just an artistic flourish you can ignore

Ooh, neat. I was using "nut bolster" which is made from walnuts somehow, but I went out today and bought some black ink too, and red

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Good lord, what is this in reference to?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Nebakenezzer posted:

Good lord, what is this in reference to?

buddy

These books are gonna be PILED HIGH

Wait are you serious

(it's doobie's dog house a kickstarter some idiot dredged up in 2013 to help buy a restaurant for a racist in Alabama) lotta goons gave money yours truly included and it went just as well as all goon projects go. Except for the cspam book.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Gunshow Poophole posted:

buddy

These books are gonna be PILED HIGH

Wait are you serious

(it's doobie's dog house a kickstarter some idiot dredged up in 2013 to help buy a restaurant for a racist in Alabama) lotta goons gave money yours truly included and it went just as well as all goon projects go. Except for the cspam book.

doing a vanity publish (no offense ofc) of an art book also seems like a fairly achievable project

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

dads friend steve posted:

doing a vanity publish (no offense ofc) of an art book also seems like a fairly achievable project

Oh of course, and twoday has put the legwork in both in quality of art and building a Posting Cadre here, this is a great and fun idea

We're not just fishing up some random superficially charming dipshit

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
hopefully the hundreds of millions of trump bucks this project raises goes into a bulk print run to the point where random copies will be showing up in the post-apocalypse footage regularly

twoday
May 4, 2005

Well it's more than 100 copies requested already, I was thinking of ordering some from a printer that does very nice quality stuff but has a 250 copy minimum, so if I get near 200 then I will have some left over and I can still sell some in the future, or maybe a local bookstore or something?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Keep some in reserve and then send a bunch to as many US university libraries as you can.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Carth Dookie posted:

Keep some in reserve and then send a bunch to as many US university libraries as you can.

Library of Congress

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I was considering getting two extra copies, and putting them in those little free library box things.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
I will try and smuggle them into university libraries

twoday
May 4, 2005

:hmmyes: to all four of these posts

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Get an isbn so cspam post are officially in the library of congress

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Plinkey posted:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Plinkey posted:

twoday
May 4, 2005

this is literally in the OP and one of the main reasons I've been doing this

twoday posted:

I recently remembered that the U.S. Library of Congress (which is the largest library in the world) will accept any book that you send to them, and attempt to preserve it forever. To have a government institution preserve and disseminate a book of C-SPAM posts for the rest of its existence is a joke that's just too good to pass up.

it's gonna be hilarious

I think I am legally required to have an ISBN if I print it america, not sure, but I will probably be using an american printing company

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Well in the midst of this joyous time, let me post my normal style post.

I'm watching John Ford's The Searchers. For those who don't know it, it stars John Wayne playing a character, Ethan Edwards who's second or third line is "you look like you got comanch blood" to someone he rescued as a kid and hasn't seen in 8 or 9 years. Ethan Edwards indulges in some Comanche corpse desecration before the 20 minute mark. Ford's character Ethan is famous, because he's not a hero or an anti-hero; he's damaged goods in a cowboy hat.

Anyway, I'm watching it in beautiful high def, and I know if Trump was watching it, he'd think Ethan the most awesome man's man man ever filmed

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Good lord, Ethan has just pronounced three completely traumatized white woman "no longer white"

In retrospect this movie is filled with people with people who've suffered horrific trauma, Ethan included

twoday
May 4, 2005

if you haven't already, check out The Conqueror:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKxtQzwoHH8

quote:

Nowadays, no one in their right mind would choose to shoot a feature film near a functioning nuclear testing site. In 1927, American geneticist Herman Joseph Muller discovered that prolonged exposure to radiation can have crippling effects on human health, and by the early 1950s it was known that nuclear blasts produce massive amounts of fallout that is highly radioactive and potentially lethal. Still, the producers of the film The Conqueror, which was released in 1956, decided to shoot the film near the remote town of St. George in the Utah desert, merely a hundred miles away from the infamous Nevada Test Site.

Approximately 100 nuclear bombs of various yields were detonated at the Nevada Test Site throughout the 1950s. In 1953, 11 atmospheric nuclear tests were carried out in the area as a part of Operation Upshot-Knothole: The mushroom clouds were tens of thousands of feet high, and strong winds carried radioactive particles all the way to the Utah desert. In 1954, when the filming of The Conqueror began, the barren hills around St. George were likely covered with a layer of deadly nuclear dust.

Namely, out of 220 people who worked on the production of The Conqueror, 92 died of cancer, including Wayne, Hayward, and Armendáriz. At the time when the filming took place, the authorities labeled the filming site as safe from harmful effects of radioactive fallout even though abnormal levels of radiation were detected when the area was examined.

Still, modern research has shown that the soil in some areas around the town of St. George likely remained dangerously contaminated until 2007. Therefore, the fact that almost half of the cast and crew died of cancer likely wasn’t a coincidence but a result of prolonged exposure to radiation.

Wayne first suffered from lung cancer and then died of stomach cancer in June of 1979. Although many of his friends tried to convince him that his condition was a result of exposure to radiation on the set of The Conqueror, he claimed that the illness was caused by his deadly habit of smoking six packs of cigarettes per day.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

holy poo poo 6 packs a day

that’s a cigarette every 9 minutes assuming 6 hours of sleep

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
so glad this was a success twoday! can I still order a codex+painting or is it too late

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

time to post the worst video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLCF7vPanrY

edit: if you want to skip to the fun part, here is the timestamp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLCF7vPanrY&t=274s

a fun game is to set it to the time you were born and watch how many massive nuclear explosions have ravaged the earth in your lifetime

twoday has issued a correction as of 04:10 on Aug 23, 2020