Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

maddox had some pretty good opinions for the image he presented

he was dirtbag left before that was a thing

i thought he was a libertarian that actually acted like libertarians should have acted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lol it seems maddox does not like cucks and being called a cuck these days

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol it seems maddox does not like cucks and being called a cuck these days

crosspost this to the COVID-19 thread

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

also I watched his video on it and Maddox looks like he already has the coronavirus. what happened to him

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
back in the day i made a parody site of maddox with his wildly fluctuating seemingly random definitions and tastes and some loving dickbags decided to doxx me by being "super offended" by my "crassness". a whole flock of morons calling me the f-word, the r-word, and everything else because the site with the html shaped like "maddox suuucks" was a super serious site what with randomly saying stupid poo poo one second, changing it the next, and framing every argument as "the manliest" while using his color scheme. loving concern trolling motherfuckers started calling me at home.
the internet is a poo poo place full of poo poo people.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I remember Maddox made a post saying that if you wanted to stop illegal immigration the solution was to pay more so non-immigrants would be willing to do the work and he got death threats for it.

it’s even simpler than that, just make harsh punishments for employers that hire undocumented immigrants, and raid a bunch of farms and landscaping businesses. GOP doesn’t actually want to make business stop paying immigrants they just want to appeal to their racist base

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

it’s even simpler than that, just make harsh punishments for employers that hire undocumented immigrants, and raid a bunch of farms and landscaping businesses. GOP doesn’t actually want to make business stop paying immigrants they just want to appeal to their racist base

sure, but you could also, you know, pay people more to do backbreaking labor

just on principle

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Maddox is sort of the distilled essence of turn-of-the-century Internet edginess. It was left-wing backlash to conservative moralizing, it only shifted the other way and then backslid into the alt-right when "political correctness" became a thing.

didn’t political correctness become a thing in the 80s?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Subjunctive posted:

Maybe, but I'm a zillenial so I didn't see it mentioned much on the Internet until like the late 2000s :shrug:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Subjunctive posted:

The term began to be used seriously by conservative commentators in the late 80s, and then became a household phrase in the 90s. That's when you started seeing stuff like a Politically Correct Dictionary full of out-of-context quotes from moonbat commie-lib academics.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Halloween Jack posted:

The term began to be used seriously by conservative commentators in the late 80s, and then became a household phrase in the 90s. That's when you started seeing stuff like a Politically Correct Dictionary full of out-of-context quotes from moonbat commie-lib academics.

yeah, I seem to remember it being mainstream and the topic of Sunday paper funnies by the time I got to high school in 1990

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

just on principle

i don't think you 'get' capitalism

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Maybe, but I'm a zillenial so I didn't see it mentioned much on the Internet until like the late 2000s :shrug:

One of the authors went on to create Between the Lions, so this was probably a quick cash grab. The end of history was a dumb time and you’re better off not remembering any of it.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

In practice it was mostly just boomer dads complaining about how they can’t say the n-word.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Yep, I had a copy. It sat on the shelf next to Rush Limbaugh's See, I Told You So.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

wasn't there a beef between maddox and lowtax way back when?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Mr Interweb posted:

wasn't there a beef between maddox and lowtax way back when?

i think getting in fights with z-list internet celebs was kind of lowtax's thing

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

One of the authors went on to create Between the Lions, so this was probably a quick cash grab. The end of history was a dumb time and you’re better off not remembering any of it.

this was dennis millers entire comedy routine for like ten years wasnt it

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

There’s also this extremely yikes sequel. I don’t know if they knew the man is wearing a diaper.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
It's...like...the setup for a "kinky" scene in a bad 80s comedy.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

just on principle

yea i said easier, not better. my point being that the gop doesn’t even need to get behind raising minimum wage in order to address undocumented workers. they don’t even try, bc the business interests prefer cheap exploitable labor

that definitional juxtaposition of “girl” and “girl watching” is the chef’s kiss

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

shirts and skins posted:

Do people in Kentucky consider themselves southern? It was a union state. Buuuut I'm guessing you see the confederate flag a lot there? I suppose I did growing up in Washington, too.

I've seen it here in Australia. You don't get more southern than The Great Southern Land :v:

E: Here's one example I randomly googled https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/perth-bmx-club-criticised-for-confederate-flag-merchandise-20170823-gy2nkm.html

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

There’s also this extremely yikes sequel. I don’t know if they knew the man is wearing a diaper.

it is politically incorrect to get diaped up because that is appropriation of astronaut culture

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I've seen it here in Australia. You don't get more southern than The Great Southern Land :v:

E: Here's one example I randomly googled https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/perth-bmx-club-criticised-for-confederate-flag-merchandise-20170823-gy2nkm.html

Yet you never see them with blackbirding flags or other pro-slavery livery.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Politically Correct Bedtime Stories was 1994 and it was a big success.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
Politically Incorrect is an American late-night, half-hour political talk show hosted by Bill Maher that aired from 1993 to 2002.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Politically Incorrect is an American late-night, half-hour political talk show hosted by Bill Maher that aired from 1993 to 2002.

and hilariously enough, got cancelled by the very same crowd that it appealed to

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

In practice it was mostly just boomer dads complaining about how they can’t say the n-word.

Even to this day, the only reason anyone complains is because they can't use slurs.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

Even to this day, the only reason anyone complains is because they can't use slurs.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Mr Interweb posted:

and hilariously enough, got cancelled by the very same crowd that it appealed to

You mean to say that appealing to the shittiest aspects of society isn't a good business model? What a load of crap

Paradoxus
Nov 22, 2007
BOCK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Might be a little off topic but I know you guys will appreciate it. Video in thread

https://twitter.com/moeguns_derrick/status/1293310032533245952?s=20

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
post dead people realizing they're going to vote trump here

https://twitter.com/THEHermanCain/status/1293642931610427392

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Herman Cain just woke up in hell and realized hell is being on twitter for all eternity

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

post dead people realizing they're going to vote trump here

https://twitter.com/THEHermanCain/status/1293642931610427392

Twitter should perma-ban dead people so this sort of grotesquery can't happen.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hillary 2020 posted:

That would require them to be a more responsible social platform than Something loving Awful

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Hillary 2020 posted:

every politician's tweets (except trump) are written by their employees or PR people anyway, whether they're alive or dead

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Shear Modulus posted:

every politician's tweets (except trump) are written by their employees or PR people anyway, whether they're alive or dead

https://twitter.com/edballs/status/63623585020915713

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Blarghalt posted:

Herman Cain just woke up in hell and realized hell is being on twitter for all eternity

If hell is being trapped in social media and just posting that explain so much.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Shear Modulus posted:

i am entirely unconvinced that at least half of trump's tweets are not written by his campaign team now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

now there's a name i have not heard in a long, long time