Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Kingtheninja posted:

Are those easy to get a hold of? I've been looking for a decent poseable drawing model and have seen these among the list of good options.

If you look for 'body kun' on eBay or AliExpress you can get knock-off SH Figuarts poseable mannequin figures for ten bux. The android figures are cool (they have poseable eyeballs) if you're into the aesthetic, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Kingtheninja posted:

Are those easy to get a hold of? I've been looking for a decent poseable drawing model and have seen these among the list of good options.

Not super cheap, but not hard to find - https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/42848

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Nanigans posted:

Love this Kame-sennin. So much personality.

Very cool figure indeed, That Jiraiya figure is awesome too, my spouse picked it up few months back and I think I've ended up playing with more than they have. The bulk of my own figuarts collecting lately has been showa era Ultraman stuff.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Check out this bonkers He Man from Mondo!
https://mondotees.com/collections/mastersoftheuniverse/products/he-man-1-6-scale-figure-mondo-exclusive

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

TRU not dead!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Why are people so attached to that store?

WAAAAAAH MY CHILDHOOD

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
When I was a kid you bought all your toys dirt cheap at KB Toys. FAO Schwarz and TRU (to a lesser extent) were where you went to browse.

As an adult, I just found the TRU Tax obnoxious when the same poo poo could be had down the street for actual MSRP.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

TRU comin back because scalpers union complained it was hurting their business?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rhyno posted:

WAAAAAAH MY CHILDHOOD

Easy place to buy neca figures. We’ll see how target does. So far they all have the same thing and don’t have any of the Predator stuff. So unless they carry what I buy, which is mostly alien and Predator stuff, I’m not interested.

Collector stores are often a bit out of the way for me but TRU’s were always close.

Def the worst job I ever worked though, but I’d still shop there.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Rhyno posted:

WAAAAAAH MY CHILDHOOD

This is a serious post from someone who collects childrens toys? lol

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The key phrase is here:

quote:

The Wall Street Journal also reported that “the absence of Toys ‘R’ Us has also left an $11 billion hole in the toy industry.”

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

s.i.r.e. posted:

This is a serious post from someone who collects childrens toys? lol

There are a hundred online retailers from which to buy from and probably 99 of them beat TrU prices any day. Had you set foot in a tru in the last decade? It was a dreary, depressing place.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

When you're a kid, you don't see that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Kids today didn't care about TRU.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Rhyno posted:

Had you set foot in a tru in the last decade? It was a dreary, depressing place.

Yes and there were a bunch of kids in it that loved being there. Not as much as there used to be when I was a kid, but there were still enough that were having a blast looking at a ton of toys. Now if you want pathetic, you should see the Halloween Store that took over my local TRU, it's down right pathetic.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Nope, sorry. Those same investors opted to literally dismantle and liquidate the US’s largest toy distribution infrastructure to get a quick cash out while the company was still profitable. They screwed toy companies out of millions and put tens of thousands of people out of work.

You can’t trot out a Geoffrey mascot and just smooth that all over.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
The mondo he-man figs were designed by the same guy who does Steve Lichman :3:

On a side note, does anyone have the sixth scale Genos from OPM? Thinking of buying it but the reviews range from "holy poo poo amazing" to "holy poo poo it sucks" so I'm kinda having a hard time figuring out if I wanna spend the cash.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The_Doctor posted:

The key phrase is here:

Let's not forget that Toys R Us was still a profitable company. It didn't close because of the invisible hand of the free market, it was killed by Bain Capital sucking out every bit of cash they could and loading it with debt.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

CelticPredator posted:

Easy place to buy neca figures. We’ll see how target does. So far they all have the same thing and don’t have any of the Predator stuff. So unless they carry what I buy, which is mostly alien and Predator stuff, I’m not interested.

Collector stores are often a bit out of the way for me but TRU’s were always close.

Def the worst job I ever worked though, but I’d still shop there.

My local Target had the Fugitive Predator

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob
Heads up, I just snagged Black Series General Veers at Walgreens for $1.99. I'm guessing they clearanced out all the Rogue One pegwarmers and haven't reset the price yet?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Speaking of Veers, has anyone else had trouble getting the little peg on his vest belt to actually stick? It’s almost like the belt thing isn’t long enough because it just pops back off.

It’s a great figure aside from that.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Speaking of Veers, has anyone else had trouble getting the little peg on his vest belt to actually stick? It’s almost like the belt thing isn’t long enough because it just pops back off.

It’s a great figure aside from that.

Yeah, mine doesn't want to stay pegged either.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Tamashii just posted on instagram that the next Dragonball figuarts on display at NYCC will be SSB Goku from the new Broly movie with the 2.0 Go gi body using the Goku Black hair mold for the blue hair. I know somebody earlier in the thread was saying they preferred that hair style so expect that some time next year probably. I imagine we'll get a SSB Vegeta with the 2.0 saiyan armor mold as well.

edit: yep they posted Vegeta as well with the darker color style from the new movie. Looks like an entirely new head sculpt for Vegeta

JoeGlassJAw fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Oct 4, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's this new Majin Buu up for preorder and it looks so fuckin cool.

https://www.thechosenprime.com/SHFDBZEvilMajinBuu

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
God dammit I just found out they made a 1/6 scale version of the fusion bomb from TDKR.

Naturally, since it's about 3 years old, it's in stock nowhere. Crap.

Originally thought it might have been the drive from Event Horizon but that would have been way too cool.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Rhyno posted:

There's this new Majin Buu up for preorder and it looks so fuckin cool.

https://www.thechosenprime.com/SHFDBZEvilMajinBuu

Yeah it looks incredible. Pre-orders sold out crazy fast but luckily it seems like a lot more stateside vendors are stocking these now so I'm not particularly worried about availability. He comes with a little zappy head for Fat Buu's candy beam thing too.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Does anyone want the Marvel Legends movie Erik Killmonger that looks just like Michael B. Jordan? It comes in a 2-pack with Everett Ross, and I just want the Ross as a Matt Murdock stand-in. The 2-pack is $39.99 at Target, if anyone is interested in splitting it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Does anyone want the Marvel Legends movie Erik Killmonger that looks just like Michael B. Jordan? It comes in a 2-pack with Everett Ross, and I just want the Ross as a Matt Murdock stand-in. The 2-pack is $39.99 at Target, if anyone is interested in splitting it.

I got this set on Amazon for the exact same reason but am now liquidating all my MCU stuff and don't want it. Too late to return it, if you want it I could probably get it to you unpacked and loose for less, I just don't want the clutter at this point.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Fuzz posted:

I got this set on Amazon for the exact same reason but am now liquidating all my MCU stuff and don't want it. Too late to return it, if you want it I could probably get it to you unpacked and loose for less, I just don't want the clutter at this point.

Yes please! If the joints are tight, I'd love to take Ross off your hands, and I could pay with Paypal ASAP.

Feel free to email me at saxman2 at hotmail.com. Thank you!

EDIT: Still looking for the Matt Murdock head that came with yellow Daredevil!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I have zero history with ultraman, but I...I want this.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Funko making He-Man type figures out of "Primal Age" DC characters
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10/04/dc-primal-age-funko-exclusive-amazon/

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Nah, I’m good thanks.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Teenage Fansub posted:

Funko making He-Man type figures out of "Primal Age" DC characters

those are goofy as hell and kind of adorable.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Funko should... FUNK OFF :smug:

But seriously. those are loving trash.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I knda want those to take off and replace Pops. He-Man action figures from every pop culture license.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy Goodbody posted:

I knda want those to take off and replace Pops. He-Man action figures from every pop culture license.

They're doing horror, Thundercats and DC so far. More to come.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Wonder Woman and the Bat Cave didn't look so bad. The rest are meh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

radlum posted:

Wonder Woman and the Bat Cave didn't look so bad. The rest are meh

Wonder Woman is just regular Wonder Woman. The King Shark is good

Rhyno posted:

They're doing horror, Thundercats and DC so far. More to come.

yeah but I mean like, I want On Cinema At The Cinema he-man figures