Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Managing to hit the fire hydrant is my favorite part of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

Man, that hubcap took no effort to pop off.

They're usually just held in with plastic clips, so yeah, any moderate impact to the wheel is enough to make them pop out like squeezing a watermelon seed between your fingers.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

They're usually just held in with plastic clips, so yeah, any moderate impact to the wheel is enough to make them pop out like squeezing a watermelon seed between your fingers.

Huh. Is that a new thing or a city thing? I ask because my drunk, 3 time DUI offender, college-mate managed to bend one sideways by backing up into it 4 times with his lovely bronco.

(He was fined like 5k among other things)

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Professor of Cats posted:

Huh. Is that a new thing or a city thing? I ask because my drunk, 3 time DUI offender, college-mate managed to bend one sideways by backing up into it 4 times with his lovely bronco.

He was talking about a hubcap...

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hahaha wow.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

The schadenfreude is you.

But for real, this was great.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Wow - I am the terrible reading schadenfreude. Sorry guys, my multitasking is terrible today [all the time].

E: More to the story - when the police came later to question/blame me and a few others for it, we eagerly pointed them in the correct direction.

Professor of Cats has a new favorite as of 00:37 on Dec 23, 2016

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
In truth, Sagebrush's answer admitted of some ambiguity, though.

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Goddamn. And it even looks like they were traveling at a low-ish rate of speed before the impact.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Goddamn. And it even looks like they were traveling at a low-ish rate of speed before the impact.

Usain Bolt once ran almost 28mph. Now imagine him running into a solid concrete wall at full-stride.

Same thing. Physics doesn't gently caress around.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

MrYenko posted:

Usain Bolt once ran almost 28mph. Now imagine him running into a solid concrete wall at full-stride.

As long as he doesn't use Fire he probably won't.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

There's so much here. I can decide if my favorite is the guy who probably broke half his face on the middle left, the guy flipping over a loving seat back right, or the lady in the bottom right who can't figure out if her head really just made a right angle backwards.

All those people will be rich next year.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
That head whiplash :gonk:

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Grem posted:

There's so much here. I can decide if my favorite is the guy who probably broke half his face on the middle left, the guy flipping over a loving seat back right, or the lady in the bottom right who can't figure out if her head really just made a right angle backwards.

according to the timestamp it was filmed over a year ago

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

MrYenko posted:

Usain Bolt once ran almost 28mph.

So what... 27?

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
I'm pretty sure that one of the older folks in that gif actually got their neck snapped during that and died.......... so that's kind of a snuff gif, FYI.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

VoidBurger posted:

I'm pretty sure that one of the older folks in that gif actually got their neck snapped during that and died.......... so that's kind of a snuff gif, FYI.

Mother Russia.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oken-spine.html

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Grem posted:

I like the light purple coat who apparently split into two people.

VoidBurger posted:

Nah, no deaths. One man got a broken spine. Happened in Russia and the bus driver fell asleep and hit a light pole.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hey, man, seatbelts take more lives than they save

Rolo posted:

So what... 27?

I love it when marketing has some weirdly specific number like that that gives away the truth.

"Buy the new product, which has more than 8 new features!"
so...it has 9 new features.

"Our college is among the top 14 colleges in our country!"
so...you're 14th.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
The dude who flipped must be the one with the broken spine. Everyone else is moving their legs well enough.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

This is art.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Grem posted:

The dude who flipped must be the one with the broken spine. Everyone else is moving their legs well enough.

I was thinking person in the front. Full on battering ram with the top of the head and absolutely no movement after. All you see is the bottom part of the torso and legs --nothing moving.

E: nvm. You're probably right, that was a woman and all the news articles I found, brief as they were, mention a man with spinal injuries.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Holy

Fuckin

Lolly

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-38404711

quote:

Virgin flight delayed by Galaxy Note wi-fi hoax

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

What is this strange thing?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

A balloon covered in frosting.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Novum posted:

Young human female.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Novum posted:

That's a young, if overweight, human girl.

that's what I get for leaving the tab open :argh:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Putin Not Impressed

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

BJPaskoff posted:

Blizzard just released an Overwatch comic which revealed that Tracer is in a relationship with a woman. Some real good schadenfreude with nerds exploding in rage on the official Overwatch forums.

It's been a couple days, surely people will have moved on to more important things by now.

Ahahaha of course not.

zidane13
Jan 2, 2005

by Smythe

Sagebrush posted:

Putin Not Impressed

I'm with Putin, confused as to what's even going on there.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Moon Slayer posted:

It's been a couple days, surely people will have moved on to more important things by now.

Ahahaha of course not.

loving why though

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Making nerds mad will never not be funny.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

zidane13 posted:

I'm with Putin, confused as to what's even going on there.

Well he's a highly decorated martial artist, actually for reals and not in the Kim Jong-Un way. He's probably looking at some make-believe "samurai" martial art demonstration and thinking to himself "What, that's it? loving dogshit skills on display here".

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

http://www.bbc.com/news/video_and_audio/headlines/38409846

Hey you can't vape on the bus, man!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
loving vapers. Why are so many utter wankers?

I don't care if you want to smoke vape, but don't do it in a goddamn bus or inside a store.

How is this so hard for these idiots to work out?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Gorilla Salad posted:

loving vapers. Why are so many utter wankers?

I don't care if you want to smoke vape, but don't do it in a goddamn bus or inside a store.

How is this so hard for these idiots to work out?

Smoking has legal restrictions. Vaping doesn't yet have those legal restrictions. Therefore I should be allowed to vape wherever I want.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Facebook Aunt posted:

Smoking has legal restrictions. Vaping doesn't yet have those legal restrictions. Therefore I should be allowed to vape wherever I want.

My city enacted a bylaw treating vapes as cigarettes last year, and I work on city property which has a strict 100% non-smoking/vaping rule anywhere on the premises, even outdoors. Most smokers will put their cigarette out and apologize, but almost every vaper gets completely indignant, offended and rude. They're complete assholes about it. Like, just don't use it for a couple hours. How hard is it, really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Picnic Princess posted:

My city enacted a bylaw treating vapes as cigarettes last year, and I work on city property which has a strict 100% non-smoking/vaping rule anywhere on the premises, even outdoors. Most smokers will put their cigarette out and apologize, but almost every vaper gets completely indignant, offended and rude. They're complete assholes about it. Like, just don't use it for a couple hours. How hard is it, really?

It's just water vapor maaaan.