Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I do believe I just heard the female at the NFL-N desk say that Tom Brady will be fine because she ordered some of the electrolytes he puts in his water and put them in her water and she feels great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/cj_wentz/status/839974781957054470

Such a dork

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

this tweet got popular

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/839972844725538816

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
How the heck does Osweiler think that deal was bad? He's getting paid regardless. I mean, unless his thinking is "all of the money in the world still doesn't want to make me play in Cleveland" and I guess that's a fair statement.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Crazy Ted posted:

I do believe I just heard the female at the NFL-N desk say that Tom Brady will be fine because she ordered some of the electrolytes he puts in his water and put them in her water and she feels great.

I'm trying to decide whether that was better or worse than that Polian take Ehud linked.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Because Osweiler is even stupider than he looks

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

quote:

The Browns will likely be willing to part with their No. 12 overall pick this year for Garoppolo, and at least one of the second-round picks next year.

lol at the people who said the patriots couldn't get a first for him

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
What the gently caress is he talking about lol ESPN shame on you making that man talk

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

mcmagic posted:

Evil is evil. No matter what walk of life it's in. I don't believe that a decent human being can root for that team with no qualms.

Lol, Baylor bitch

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Bill is smoking loving crack if he doesn't trade Jimmy G for number 12 and a 2nd.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

seiferguy posted:

How the heck does Osweiler think that deal was bad? He's getting paid regardless. I mean, unless his thinking is "all of the money in the world still doesn't want to make me play in Cleveland" and I guess that's a fair statement.

i think he realizes he's never getting a chance to start again and thinks maybe if he stayed in denver he wouldn't already be a failure

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

seiferguy posted:

he probably thought it hurt his development as a qb going to the texans. that he should've taken less to stay in denver or something.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Still, the Browns are basically paying $16million for a 2nd round draft pick, especially if they outright release him. That is the most Browns move ever.

e: both of those theories are correct, but he was probably a broken QB regardless.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

evilweasel posted:

lol at the people who said the patriots couldn't get a first for him

Isn't Mary Kay Cabot the Jason La Canfora of the Cleveland Browns?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

seiferguy posted:

Still, the Browns are basically paying $16million for a 2nd round draft pick, especially if they outright release him. That is the most Browns move ever.

browns as an adjective means bad or unfortunate in an implausible way though. this is a good move. this is very not browns.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

seiferguy posted:

They've got the money to spend and are almost surely not going to miss out on any free agents they want because of this deal. So yeah they just bought a second round draft pick and it was expensive, but ultimately puts their team in a slightly better position? Doesn't seem very Brownsy, that would be like firing this front office tomorrow for making the deal.

Which could happen.

Sataere posted:

Isn't Mary Kay Cabot the Jason La Canfora of the Cleveland Browns?

She's like a mouthpiece for the team, or in this case the other team. If she's reporting something it's something that the organization wants leaked, in this case that team is the Pats.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Imagine Myles Garrett, New England Patriot...

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If you think the Patriots are getting within the same planet of that for Jimmy, you're high.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i can't remember a trade that was so perfect for both teams. both the texans and the browns won the gently caress out of it. it's nice to see. makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Bigass Moth posted:

I do know one thing about Brock that can't be denied. He's tall.

Can't coach height.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Best tweet

https://twitter.com/jonryan9/status/839962412774125569

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

What Is The Dre Kirkpatrick Money.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Kalli posted:

If you think the Patriots are getting within the same planet of that for Jimmy, you're high.

There's zero chance it happens, but...it would be cool.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Kalli posted:

oh there's no way in hell they're getting the 1st 1st + a next year first, no doubt

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

In a world where Mike Glennon got 40 million it's not inconceivable.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Timby posted:

I love that even Herm has a look of "what the gently caress are you even saying, man?" on his face.

Yes, yes he does.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Bill is smoking loving crack if he doesn't trade Jimmy G for number 12 and a 2nd.

Yeah but it's championship-level crack though

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

this owns

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I thought Chance Warmack was going to be a beast. What happened to him?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Kalli posted:

This is like movie poster billing.

Draft Day 2: Brock Your Socks Off

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Volkerball posted:

browns as an adjective means bad or unfortunate in an implausible way though. this is a good move. this is very not browns.

I'm just under the assumption that the draft pick will inevitably be squandered like the Trent Richardson trade was.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/839978755460366336

I'm ok with 10m per I guess

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

euphronius posted:

His parents named him Chance

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

euphronius posted:

He's soft and just not very good

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the dre kirkpatrick money is what i thought uncomfortably and not what i feared

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

euphronius posted:

A Titans fan can probably answer this better than me but he just never developed from what I can tell. I was really high on him too in that draft but he was never the roadgrader type in the NFL that he looked like he was going to be.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
the Broncos converted Tim Tebow into Peyton Manning and converted Brock Osweiler into lols for all

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Tom Sellout posted:

Even that doesn't compare to the Dream Team

poo poo, remember when the Redskins gave Albert Haynesworth truckloads of money to ineffectively play two-gap nose tackle in a 3-4? Good times

That little hat just wouldn't stay on his head.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

In a world where Mike Glennon got 40 million it's not inconceivable.

Salary cap space is something everyone has in abundance. Early round draft picks are even more valuable then they have been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Free agency "began" 3 hours ago and still no news on Brandon Williams. I think I have hope.

• Locked thread