Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Spergatory posted:

You shouldn't have to worry about that anyway. Pulling out your glider when dragons are around automatically fills your stamina meter.

What?! Really? I've never noticed that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

The shrine behind the waterfall in Faron is perfect for Farosh. A lot of the time you can teleport there, throw on the Zora armor and climb the waterfall, and as you hit the peak Farosh is descending, so you can just drop down and shoot him.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Spergatory posted:

You shouldn't have to worry about that anyway. Pulling out your glider when dragons are around automatically fills your stamina meter.

isn’t that only true when you hit an updraft though?

Artadius
Nov 5, 2012
Even if you have zero stamina as you're falling towards the water, you could open up your map and teleport to a nearby shrine right?

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

ulvir posted:

isn’t that only true when you hit an updraft though?

The dragons make updrafts around them, if you're close by them and not going up just keep re-opening up the glider, sometimes you'll get the updraft even when there aren't visible wind effects around.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Page 666? HAIL GANON!

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Ventana posted:

The dragons make updrafts around them, if you're close by them and not going up just keep re-opening up the glider, sometimes you'll get the updraft even when there aren't visible wind effects around.

yeah, but (this might be a case of git gud) they can sometimes be really easy to miss, especially when falling down. at least I find myself struggling a bit more at Faron lake

Ventana posted:

won't the dragon shard despawn if I teleport?

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

ulvir posted:

yeah, but (this might be a case of git gud) they can sometimes be really easy to miss
Keep a long-range bow, like the Phrenic Bow, around in your inventory. It has low attack power, but twice the range of other early game bows.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

ulvir posted:

yeah, but (this might be a case of git gud) they can sometimes be really easy to miss, especially when falling down. at least I find myself struggling a bit more at Faron lake

If you're having trouble in slow mode trying to aim, besides getting better bows, you should just get more stamina. I presume you're talking about Lake Hylia for Farosh, and idk how that spot is since I always used the Riola spring which is super easy to aim at Farosh there.

ulvir posted:

won't the dragon shard despawn if I teleport?

Wrong poster quoted, but I think so? I think Star shards stay in place but I thought dragon pieces went away when you warped even if it was to the same spot

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I didn't mean hitting the dragon with a bow, but getting into/towards an updraft whilst falling, since they seem to come in waves and move somewhat. sorry I phrased that poorly. and also ^^^ ya, I meant to quote the guy who said I could teleport to a shrine

ulvir fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Feb 1, 2018

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
I've become aimless, in Zelda

8 hearts, two stamina wheels, a giant horse, all of the map except the chilly section in the northwest. I've got quests for divine beasts in Zora, Gerudo, and Rito, what should I try to kill?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Rito will give you an invaluable skill. Zora's pre-dungeon sequence is the best of the four, and was clearly intended to be tackled first, though--not that it actually matters.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I ordered a Majora's Mask amiibo last week for the Fierce Deity set and after a courier showing up at my apt and somehow not ringing my bell I realized I'd bought a Wind Waker Link instead :negative:

Its not even as good looking a figure as the MM link, and his outfit is pretty close to the one you get for 8bit Link too.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

8 hearts, two stamina wheels, a giant horse, all of the map except the chilly section in the northwest. I've got quests for divine beasts in Zora, Gerudo, and Rito, what should I try to kill?

I am just a tad ahead of where you are, 11 hearts, 1.5 stamina wheels.

You need a few more heart containers (can swap in Hateno), but why not go for the Master Sword before tackling the beasts?

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal

jivjov posted:

Yep; nothing other than the gold tier enemies and floating platforms are Master Mode exclusive.

Perfect! Thanks

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Has there been any word on what today’s software update did?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Has there been any word on what today’s software update did?

More language support I think.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

Zora if you are struggling to survive (take the path to the village for fun story stuff), Rito if you want a badass exploration tool. Save Gerudo for last IMO.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Yeah, Rito will basically let you pull an Arkham City and glide over most of the terrain. I usually do Zora first though, beating that makes it harder for you to die

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

GobiasIndustries posted:

Save Gerudo for last IMO.

I did but I use that power second most whereas I just turn the Goron one off in the menu 99% of the time.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

How do you turn the guardian powers off?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

How do you turn the guardian powers off?

The last page of your inventory contains them and you can toggle them there.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:v:

Thanks!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

The Bloop posted:

I did but I use that power second most whereas I just turn the Goron one off in the menu 99% of the time.

Yeah the power is cool, but going through the Gerudo questline means random Yiga will pop up all the time if you're near a path instead of just those people in disguise which can be annoying if you're early in the game.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

GobiasIndustries posted:

Yeah the power is cool, but going through the Gerudo questline means random Yiga will pop up all the time if you're near a path instead of just those people in disguise which can be annoying if you're early in the game.

True. I think going for it first is hardmode in a lot of ways.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Medicom Toy just revealed their Real Action Hero series 1/6 scale BOTW Link figure. I was hyped until I saw the ¥29800 price :smith:

https://twitter.com/medicom_toy/status/959587007566561283

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Medicom Toy just revealed their Real Action Hero series 1/6 scale BOTW Link figure. I was hyped until I saw the ¥29500 price :smith:

https://twitter.com/medicom_toy/status/959587007566561283

dang, that was a roller coaster of a post

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I'm sayin'.

Product page for more shots including accessories and alternative shouty face.

http://medicomtoy.co.jp/prod/dt/1/186/12215.html

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The good: It's a 1/6 scale BoTW Link action figure. Good accessories. Has Hylian hoodie. Shouty face included.

The bad: No Master Sword (What the hell??). No Hylian Shield (NO REALLY WHAT THE HELL). Wearing blue painter's smock. Price point.

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Feb 3, 2018

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

GobiasIndustries posted:

The counterpoint of that: that means every so often you get a free long-range bow

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

stasis+ makes them a joke, and you should be able to get that really early in the game

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

the sword masters however is a real pain

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

The counterpoint of that: that means every so often you get a free long-range bow

More importantly (to me): free money and BANANAS!

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

BurntCornMuffin posted:

More importantly (to me): free money and BANANAS!

By the time you have to deal with those guys, though, you probably know where you can almost trivially get dozens of Mighty Bananas every Blood Moon.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

GobiasIndustries posted:

Is it just me overanalysing or do they pop up more when you're wearing the Sheikah suit?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
They also appear more frequently the more bananas you're carrying.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
I hope I get brain problems cos I really wish I could play BOTW for the first time again :(

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I guess it’s a Japan thing, but it annoys me that all female NPCs are so... shy and helpless in this game. Like you can’t even ask for someone’s name without them going all flustered.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Well this Link in particular IS very pretty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

most of the female npcs i remember are pretty blunt with wanting to hook up with link