Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I can't wait to murder the Hingan gods and open the country up like an aether-powered Commodore Perry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Fister Roboto posted:

I can't wait to murder the Hingan gods and open the country up like an aether-powered Commodore Perry.

...at which point they begin importing magitek firepower from Garlemand, becoming the dominant industrialized power in Othard within a half-century, setting the region down a path that leads to (half of) the most destructive war in Eorzean history...?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
happy page 666, incidentally

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Reiterpallasch posted:

...at which point they begin importing magitek firepower from Garlemand, becoming the dominant industrialized power in Othard within a half-century, setting the region down a path that leads to (half of) the most destructive war in Eorzean history...?

:yeah:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I hope we get some barding to go along with this chocobo saddlebag thing. I've wanted a traveling barding, with a bags and a bedroll and cups and a frying pan hanging off the side, for awhile. The Ala Mhigan barding is close, but not quite what I've been looking for. Kind of like what's on the back of the Midgardsormr mount but for my birb pal.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Eureka's not even going to be until 4.25. I really don't have high hopes for this. SB relics might as well never happen.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Reiterpallasch posted:

Yeah but imagine what Hingan anime will look like.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

Eureka's not even going to be until 4.25. I really don't have high hopes for this. SB relics might as well never happen.

Ehh they aren't ever any good for people like us until the last patch so w/e.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Hommando posted:

Yeah, I read that wrong, I thought it meant all mandatory dungeons in the main scenario. I am going to dread having to do MSQ roulette.

So glad I just got my final job to 70 two days ago. Don't even have use for MSQ roulette until 5.0.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Josuke Higashikata posted:

There aren't even 200 pieces of good looking equipment in the game tbh.

Anyway, this bribe for sitting through a cutscene run of MSroo needs to be like 500,000 gil and instant tome cap.

Agreed. I've never done MSQ roulette because it's a loving slog as is. I mean, I welcome this change for the newcomers, but still.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Reiterpallasch posted:

Do we also get to get the Yanxian’s hooked on :catdrugs:?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
what exactly do you think is in yotsuyu's pipe

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
Posting an antique screenshot on the devil page.

I am glad we're getting more spaces to store garbage as I am a committed hoarder of Things. They'll find some way to screw it up, but at least there's more.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

Ehh they aren't ever any good for people like us until the last patch so w/e.

HW relics were better than augmented tomestone weapons and only slightly worse than Midan/Alexandrian weapons (and some were better than Gordian weapons).

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

vOv posted:

Agreed. I've never done MSQ roulette because it's a loving slog as is. I mean, I welcome this change for the newcomers, but still.

I only run it as tank so I can pull like a speed running jackass. :v:

Totally worth it for the tomes, but someone with all classes to 70 doesn’t need Poetics much any more.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

vOv posted:

Omega, Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta. 5 letters. FFV.

Omega, Psi, Chi, Phi, Upsilon, Tau, Sigma. 7 letters. Sigmascape confirmed for FFVII.

Wow, I bet this is it, actually

Let's assume Sigmascape pulls from VII. What'd be y'all's ideal lineup?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Sade posted:

I said it earlier when this kinda came up but I'll repeat it again:

Jenova, Jenova, Jenova, Jenova.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Alternate, total-bullshit prediction: Sigma is used in math for summations, and naturally, that makes you think of the sum of the first N numbers. Additionally, we just finished Deltascape, and the sum of the first N numbers is also called a triangular number. A capital delta is a triangle.

Now, the only triangular numbers that are small enough are 1, 3, 6, 10, and 15. 15 is too 'new' for nostalgia, we've already had content themed around 3/6, and 1 seems like it'd be more of a finale.

Therefore, Sigmascape will be FFX.

But seriously: Turks, Emerald Weapon, Jenova, Sephiroth. With a 2-minute 'cutscene' for Supernova, which is his transition from Bizarro to Safer.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I still want Mystic Quest, and I admit this desire is 99% motivated by wanting jukebox rolls for its music.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer
hail satan

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

hail... zodiark :twisted:

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I want to see some FF4 love, it feels like it's the most under-represented game in FF14. But since we're getting a 'Four Lords' boss, we're not likely to get a 'Four Fiends' boss in Sigmascape. CPU would make a good 'Puzzle' boss like O3, and you'd have to have Golbez and Zeromus...not sure who else you could work in. Ogopogo maybe?

FF7 would be fine too of course. I'd say the Proud Clod, Ruby or Emerald Weapon, some manner of Jenova and of course Sephiroth.

FF8 could give us...well anything from Ultimecia's castle?

Or go crazy, Final Fantasy legend 2, since teh Four Lords we're getting were bosses IN FFL1. FFL2 could give us Apollo, Aphrodite, a Warmech, Arsenal...and a Soken remix of Save the World

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Vil posted:

I still want Mystic Quest, and I admit this desire is 99% motivated by wanting jukebox rolls for its music.

I would definitely be down for this. Skullrus Rex / Ice Golem / Pazuzu / Dark King, with their alternate forms for Savage. Dualhead/Twinhead can gently caress off though, I guess.

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012

CeallaSo posted:

Dualhead/Twinhead can gently caress off though, I guess.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

CeallaSo posted:

I would definitely be down for this. Skullrus Rex / Ice Golem / Pazuzu / Dark King, with their alternate forms for Savage. Dualhead/Twinhead can gently caress off though, I guess.

While the Ice Golem is a bit more iconic (he is a linebacker. ONLY WITH ICE) I'd swap him out for Dualhead in terms of difficulty. Ice Golem was only hard if you were severely underleveled. Dualhead was actually dangerous.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Hunter Noventa posted:

I want to see some FF4 love, it feels like it's the most under-represented game in FF14. But since we're getting a 'Four Lords' boss, we're not likely to get a 'Four Fiends' boss in Sigmascape. CPU would make a good 'Puzzle' boss like O3, and you'd have to have Golbez and Zeromus...not sure who else you could work in. Ogopogo maybe?

FF7 would be fine too of course. I'd say the Proud Clod, Ruby or Emerald Weapon, some manner of Jenova and of course Sephiroth.

FF8 could give us...well anything from Ultimecia's castle?

Or go crazy, Final Fantasy legend 2, since teh Four Lords we're getting were bosses IN FFL1. FFL2 could give us Apollo, Aphrodite, a Warmech, Arsenal...and a Soken remix of Save the World

I’ve said it before, but Eden would be loving nuts as a boss battle.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Sade posted:

Lost Number, Proudclad, JENOVA (Birth/Life/Death rolled into one, +Synthesis for O7S?), Sephiroth (+Safer Sephiroth for O8S)

Lost Number could have some interesting gimmicks with its form changes. The other contender was Materia Keeper, who isn't interesting enough IMO. I don't think we'd straight up get the Turks and it would be kind of a waste of them if we did, when they could be referenced in the "real world" the way Biggs/Wedge/Jesse are.

Proudclad can have its Beam Cannon as a DPS check. Other than that it's a giant stompy robot and that would rule.

The first three Jenovas are palette swaps and don't exactly have extensive movelists so you'd probably have to combine the three to get a workable boss fight out of them. At the same time it feels a shame to leave Synthesis out. I suppose it doesn't have to be Savage exclusive, but none of the previous 4 fights have had a form change.

Bizarro Seph is a bit massive for a proper fight in XIV, outside of a 24-man. I can see regular Seph casting Supernova and whiting the screen out, then descending from on high in Safer form in O8S. Not using Seph at all here would be a massive waste since this is literally the best time to shove him in as a direct reference.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Sinspawn Gui, Yunalesca, Seymour, Jecht imo

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
We've had Yunalesca, it was Sophia.

Plus her gimmick got used in Weeping City by Forgall.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Can't the game support multiple bikini-clad women riding giant disembodied heads

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

Can't the game support multiple bikini-clad women riding giant disembodied heads

Sure it can.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

cheetah7071 posted:

Sinspawn Gui, Yunalesca, Seymour, Jecht imo

Nah, just all four Seymour fights.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Waci posted:

Nah, just all four Seymour fights.

The cutscenes between every fight are just Cid and Nero getting increasingly exasperated. "Again?!"

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Just hit 50 on my AST. When do I want to use Nocturnal Sect?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Lizard Wizard posted:

When the other healer is a WHM or Diurnal AST and in between pulls in dungeons.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

MarquiseMindfang posted:

The cutscenes between every fight are just Cid and Nero getting increasingly exasperated. "Again?!"

The funniest thing about Seymour is how he starts out as a legitimate threat to the party only for the story to just completely ignore any conceivable threat that he should realistically be able to pose, winding up with him just being a minor nuisance to the party by the end.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I would almost be totally behind this happening.

Though I still think it would be amazing if they could pull from other Square games entirely. seeing Chrono Trigger or Xenogears in Omega would be mind-blowing.

But a lot of that is me wanting to hear Soken's take on Mitsuda's work. Esepcially the likes of Battle with Magus or Emperor of Darkness.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Sade posted:

EponymousMrYar posted:

I said it earlier when this kinda came up but I'll repeat it again:

Jenova, Jenova, Jenova, Jenova.

Nah, I've actually thought about this, and none of the JENOVA fights were that thematically or mechanically interesting. Unfortunate given how important to FF7's plot JENOVA is, really.

My FF7 lineup for Sigmascape would look something like this, modeling off the Deltascape patterns:

• Proud Clad // Carry Armor (straightforward "raid-dummy" fight with several large blasts :: Alte Roite)
  • Lost Number (goofy gimmick fight with lots of unexpected mechanics :: Catastrophe)
  • Hojo / Heretic Hojo / Lifeform Hojo (multi-phase boss with multiple varied adds :: Halicarnasssus)
  • Bizarro Sephiroth (Gimmick Sephdad boss with varied "gently caress you" attacks :: Exdad)
  • Seraphiroth (Glorious 12 minute phase boss with huuuuuuge attacks that wipe you if you screw up :: Neo Exdad)

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Lost Number, Proudclad, JENOVA (Birth/Life/Death rolled into one, +Synthesis for O7S?), Sephiroth (+Safer Sephiroth for O8S)

Lost Number could have some interesting gimmicks with its form changes. The other contender was Materia Keeper, who isn't interesting enough IMO. I don't think we'd straight up get the Turks and it would be kind of a waste of them if we did, when they could be referenced in the "real world" the way Biggs/Wedge/Jesse are.

Proudclad can have its Beam Cannon as a DPS check. Other than that it's a giant stompy robot and that would rule.

The first three Jenovas are palette swaps and don't exactly have extensive movelists so you'd probably have to combine the three to get a workable boss fight out of them. At the same time it feels a shame to leave Synthesis out. I suppose it doesn't have to be Savage exclusive, but none of the previous 4 fights have had a form change.

Bizarro Seph is a bit massive for a proper fight in XIV, outside of a 24-man. I can see regular Seph casting Supernova and whiting the screen out, then descending from on high in Safer form in O8S. Not using Seph at all here would be a massive waste since this is literally the best time to shove him in as a direct reference.

Yeah pretty much

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Lizard Wizard posted:

I personally find Noct sect to be better in 4-mans when they're pulling wall to wall. The shield is nice, and the throughput is better. This is just preference though. If they are just normal sized pull, you don't need the burst healing or shields, so just stick with diurnal.

If you're feeling really eager, you can switch to noct between pulls just to preshield the tank, and then back to diurnal.

In most content I'll run Diurnal Sect, even if I'm with a WHM. The regen stacks with WHM and is probably better than the shield, unless you expect you'll want to shield against tankbusters or people are so low to the surviving HP threshold they need the shield for unavoidable attacks. Otherwise its just nicer to hit people with regens and forget about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

SKULL.GIF posted:

Nah, I've actually thought about this, and none of the JENOVA fights were that thematically or mechanically interesting. Unfortunate given how important to FF7's plot JENOVA is, really.

Much like the Seymour option, I'm just picking fun at the fact that you fight the same boss four different times in the game which means they can take up an entire wing of a standard raid :v:

If I was being serious it'd probably be something like:

Diamond Weapon (which is pretty much a Proud Clod but with a bitchin' cape)
Jenova/Lost Number*
Hojo
Bizzaro/Safer Sephiroths.

For the reasons that a: they're all plot-manditory bosses (*ignoring this lets me put Lost Number on there) and b: it saves the mechanical Shinra bosses so they can be used in places where they fit in better (like Guard Scorpion.)

Lost number is pretty much the second/third most mechanically interesting boss in the entire game (behind Carry Armor) and ahead of freakin' Aps. That says something about ff7's boss design.