Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TylerC
Jun 17, 2005

by Tiny Fistpump
Never mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Anyone have any recommendations as to my first NEW bike? I'm pretty sure I want to go dual sport, so I'm considering bikes like the Suzuki V-Strom 650, or the 650CC BMWs, etc. It will be mostly on-road riding, but I'd like the flexibility, plus I just love how dual sports handle and look. I'd also like to keep MSRP under $8k or so.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
The G650GS base msrp is 7900. Thats the older F650GS(tumper), but made in china. The new(twin) F650GS starts at 9200, and they(bmw) only go up from there.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
So would you say I should skip on the G650GS? Is the F650GS really worth the cash over its competitors?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Radbot posted:

So would you say I should skip on the G650GS? Is the F650GS really worth the cash over its competitors?

Well when you can get the Vstrom 650 with abs for 8000, I'm not sure I'd buy the bmw. Really I'd just throw a leg over each and buy what you like.

edit: oh ya, KLR 650s start at 6. Also remember to add in the cost of any add-ons(farkles) you want to do.

blugu64 fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Nov 29, 2009

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Interesting, that's kinda what I'd been hearing. How would you stack up the Vstrom 650 with the KLR?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

talking_head posted:

Thanks for the advice. Couple of things.

1.) Shaft fluid? What is this?
2.) DMV fees? I will check with the VIN #
3.) Slipping Clutch? I believe this bike is drive-shaft driven.
4.) Waterpump issues? gently caress. I have no idea man.

Thanks for the headsup, I might pass if I don't get a decent discount.

Those bikes use gear oil in the shaft drive. It's probably never been changed. Just because the bike is shaft driven doesn't mean the clutch can't slip. If a bike is shaft driven or chain driven has no bearing on the clutch.

From your questions, I would NOT recommend this bike at all. There are plenty of decent other bikes out there that don't have the potential issues here. Sitting is not good for motorcycles, and it doesn't seem like you have the experience to look at the bike and know if it's worth buying or not, regardless of the discount. Move on to another bike, one that's running.

Radbot posted:

Interesting, that's kinda what I'd been hearing. How would you stack up the Vstrom 650 with the KLR?

2 very different bikes. The KLR is a 650 single, the vstrom is a dressed up SV650/v twin 650. If you're primarily going to be doing street riding, it's no contest in favor of the additional HP and grunt of the twin (almost 2x the HP). If you're going to be doing crazy adventure offroad stuff, the KLR would maybe be a better choice, but I'd still take the Vstrom. For me, there is no way I would ever cross shop a Vstrom ABS and a KLR, the Vstrom has every advantage. The only disadvantage is the weight of the vstrom, but that wouldn't be enough of a concern for me to buy a KLR instead, regardless of the riding that I was doing.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

talking_head posted:

I'm thinking about buying this 1979 Honda CX500 Deluxe. What do you guys think about this bike?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mcy/1486086693.html

Is there anything to watch out for? I called, and the seller told me that the carbs needed to be cleaned. Is that code for I'm about to get ripped off?

Pre-1981 CXs tend to burn out stators and you have to pull the engine to change it. Also it's been sitting for 15 years. Pass.

windex and beer
Apr 9, 2007
49er Fanatic
I've looked through a chunk of pages but can't find an answer to this so here it goes.

I'm a new rider, I'm 6'1, and weight about 275 (I'm not a ball, but have a little gut on me) I'm looking at cruisers and really like the Honda Rebels and Shadows. I was leaning towards the Shadow just because I'm a bigger guy, I'm not really intimidated by the larger engine and I have self control, I just don't want to get out there on a Rebel and not be able to flow with traffic well.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

windex and beer posted:

I've looked through a chunk of pages but can't find an answer to this so here it goes.

I'm a new rider, I'm 6'1, and weight about 275 (I'm not a ball, but have a little gut on me) I'm looking at cruisers and really like the Honda Rebels and Shadows. I was leaning towards the Shadow just because I'm a bigger guy, I'm not really intimidated by the larger engine and I have self control, I just don't want to get out there on a Rebel and not be able to flow with traffic well.

Look at horsepower, not displacement. You can get a huge displacements on cruisers without eclipsing a dangerous amount of horsepower. The only thing to know is that torque on large engines can be pretty mean. The standard new harley rider crash involves stalling and having the bike shoot out from under you.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

windex and beer posted:

As a 6'2 guy who took the MSF on a Rebel, I guarantee that it'll be too small for you. You'll have to sit on the passenger seat to turn. Go Shadow, definitely.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

windex and beer posted:

You should go and sit on both bikes, because I'm pretty sure you wouldn't actually fit on a Rebel. I'm 6'0 and my knees literally hit the handlebars on a Rebel, the bike is a lot smaller then it looks. The Shadow would be a good choice.

Are you going new or used? There are a ton of late-nineties and early-oughts Japanese cruisers that would do you well, literally too many to list. Check Craigslist or your local used bike dealers, go and sit on things, see what feels comfortable for your size.

Also, I second what VTNewb said. Don't worry about displacement, pay attention to horsepower. There's a world of difference between a KLR 650 (~40hp) and a Honda CBR 600RR (125hp). Also, while less important but something to think about, pay attention to the weight. I don't know if I'd recommend much over 500lbs for a first bike, but others will chime in on that.

The generally accepted wisdom here is that 50-60hp is a reasonable limit for your first bike. Most any of the 500-750cc air-cooled Japanese cruisers of the 90s or 00s will do you pretty well.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

VTNewb posted:

Look at horsepower, not displacement. You can get a huge displacements on cruisers without eclipsing a dangerous amount of horsepower. The only thing to know is that torque on large engines can be pretty mean. The standard new harley rider crash involves stalling and having the bike shoot out from under you.

lawl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZtqDYQGCIc

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!

Doctor Zero posted:

As a 6'2 guy who took the MSF on a Rebel, I guarantee that it'll be too small for you. You'll have to sit on the passenger seat to turn. Go Shadow, definitely.

I'm 6'2 and my friend's Shadow almost feels too small, so definitely go sit on them.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

talking_head posted:

Is there anything to watch out for? I called, and the seller told me that the carbs needed to be cleaned. Is that code for I'm about to get ripped off?

Why, out of all the possibilities, a CX500? Why not just buy a GPz305 and have done with it?

But putting that aside, carbs need cleaning is code for it's sat in my shed for 15 years and I didn't drain the carbs. You don't even want to know what's happened to the high-mile oil that he left in the sump.

Talking Head
May 9, 2009

Saga posted:

Why, out of all the possibilities, a CX500? Why not just buy a GPz305 and have done with it?

But putting that aside, carbs need cleaning is code for it's sat in my shed for 15 years and I didn't drain the carbs. You don't even want to know what's happened to the high-mile oil that he left in the sump.

Yeah the guy just emailed me saying that :airquote:OTHER SIMILAR BIKES ARE SELLING FOR $1300-$1800:airquote: and another guy wants to buy it this Tuesday.

I'm gonna pass on this one. Thanks for the advice, my friends.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
So if I wanted to get into a 600CC sport bike in say a year or so, what would be most suitable for mostly street riding? I'd be looking at something 2006+ probably a used model, currently i'm leaning towards the GSX-R600 or the CBR600.

Keep in mind I don't really plan on doing this after i've ridding about a year or more at least.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

infraboy posted:

So if I wanted to get into a 600CC sport bike in say a year or so, what would be most suitable for mostly street riding? I'd be looking at something 2006+ probably a used model, currently i'm leaning towards the GSX-R600 or the CBR600.

Keep in mind I don't really plan on doing this after i've ridding about a year or more at least.

Not a 600cc supersport. Either the Kawasaki ZX636R, or a GSX-R750. All of the supersports are pretty much poo poo for street use as all of the power is at the top. The 636 is the only 600 I'd consider for street use, I've been very impressed with mine despite only taking it around the block. If you had to get a 6, I'd say teh CBR has the best marks for streetability.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

blugu64 posted:

edit: oh ya, KLR 650s start at 6. Also remember to add in the cost of any add-ons(farkles) you want to do.

You'd have to be thick to buy a KLR new, things depreciate like Cavaliers. You can get a 2-3 year old one with a bunch of farkles for 2.5-3k. the 08+ redesign ain't great either. Heavier than the old one and with some fresh issues.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

infraboy posted:

Gixxer has a much better seating position for street riding.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

Z3n posted:

Not a 600cc supersport. Either the Kawasaki ZX636R, or a GSX-R750. All of the supersports are pretty much poo poo for street use as all of the power is at the top. The 636 is the only 600 I'd consider for street use, I've been very impressed with mine despite only taking it around the block. If you had to get a 6, I'd say teh CBR has the best marks for streetability.
Came here to ask about this actually. I was talking to a coworker today about sportbikes (I work at Cycle Gear) because I've been planning on buying a GIXXAH 750, but he was saying that 750s are pointless nowadays because it's basically a half-assed literbike? I generally trust him, he's got way more experience than me but what he said was completely opposite of everything I've read in CA, which I trust more.

I was under the impression that:

a) 600s don't get their power until high in the rev range and that power comes very abruptly so they're not great for the streets
b) 750s have a more consistent powerband so they have a smoother ride and handle similarly to 600s in the twisties; basically a 600 with more midrange.
c) literbikes are slower in corners than 600s but they're good street bikes aside from the daily temptation to do things that would get you sent to jail or at least thrown into bankruptcy

Confirm/Deny my assumptions?

fake edit: ^^^^ i found the cbr to be more comfortable than the gixxer when i was doing test rides a while back. In terms of comfort for me personally it went ZX6R>CBR600RR>GXR600>R6, but it depends on build and personal preference I suppose.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

-Inu- posted:

c) literbikes are slower in corners than 600s but they're good street bikes aside from the daily temptation to do things that would get you sent to jail or at least thrown into bankruptcy

If you're a semi-professional racer, a literbike is slower through the corners. To the rest of us mere mortals, there is barely a difference.

Having owned a 600 supersport, I can strongly encourage anyone to NOT get one for the street. 2nd gear redlines around 90mph, and 3rd gear redlines at 120 mph. For a bike with power only in the top end, that creates a lot of felonious temptation for street riders.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

-Inu- posted:

Came here to ask about this actually. I was talking to a coworker today about sportbikes (I work at Cycle Gear) because I've been planning on buying a GIXXAH 750, but he was saying that 750s are pointless nowadays because it's basically a half-assed literbike? I generally trust him, he's got way more experience than me but what he said was completely opposite of everything I've read in CA, which I trust more.

I was under the impression that:

a) 600s don't get their power until high in the rev range and that power comes very abruptly so they're not great for the streets
b) 750s have a more consistent powerband so they have a smoother ride and handle similarly to 600s in the twisties; basically a 600 with more midrange.

Confirm/Deny my assumptions?

fake edit: ^^^^ i found the cbr to be more comfortable than the gixxer when i was doing test rides a while back. In terms of comfort for me personally it went ZX6R>CBR600RR>GXR600>R6, but it depends on build and personal preference I suppose.

Your assumptions are essentially true.

People who claim that 750s are pointless either have never ridden one fast or only give a poo poo about raw acceleration. If you look at them as tools to go fast, they are pretty much the best available on the market. Enough power to be forgiving of running a gear high, not so much power as to be absurd like a modern liter, but more than enough to not really lose out on the bigger bikes, and a huge midrange advantage over a 600.

If you look at raw numbers, the 750 doesn't make a lot of sense. But if you've ridden a literbike, a 750, and a 600, especially up a twisty road or better yet, on a track, you will absolutely understand why the 750 is an excellent choice for normal people who need a bike that can do it all. If I had to have one bike in my garage you had better believe I'd be riding a 750.

I also know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I would go fastest on a 750, as do 90% of riders with a reasonable amount of experience. Enough power to really get you moving but not so much to be overwhelming, combined with the easy cornering and controllable nature of the 600. A good balance of power and cornering ease.

MrKatharsis, in my experience, normal riders go much faster through the corners on a 600 than they do on a 1000, and more importantly, they are far more comfortable. A SS literbike is a lot of waiting until it's upright so you don't highside yourself to the moon, a short, fast blast through the gear(s), then hard on the brakes to scrub off all that speed. It's a lot easier and a lot more fun to get a nice flow going on a 600 or a 750, and it will teach you a lot more about being a comfortable, confident rider. My 929 was closer to a modern 750 than a modern literbike, and it was fantastic. Any more power and things get intimidating and very fast in a straight line and very slow through the corners as you overbrake excessively all the time.

There's also a lot of truth in it being more difficult to turn the bigger bikes, due to the gyro force of the much engine. The flickability and ease of use with the 600/750 is really quite amazing. And for many years the 750 has only been a few pounds heavier than the 600. Some years it was even lighter.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Dec 2, 2009

Saga
Aug 17, 2009
Per Z3n...riding my buddy's CBR929 on a tight track after doing a few sessions on my CBR400 a few months ago was a scary experience (even as a former '954 owner). Liter bikes are a poo poo load of work, as he says, trying to deal with not highsiding (not too hard - just don't whack the throttle open) and then frantically trying to scrub off the speed (a bit harder). My recent 929 experience was mostly tail-in-the-air and a lot of "fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck" trying to get down to a realistic turn-in speed after being used to a lightweight 60hp four that could carry more corner speed. It didn't seem like great value for money even on the track, and I don't think I'd want to ride one on the road on a regular basis.

More to the point, I don't get how a modern 600 can be "too slow" or difficult to ride on the street. How can a 160mph bike with an 11 second standing quarter time be "slow"? And unless your name is Mick Doohan (or Reuben Xaus), how are people being held back by that missing 400cc?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Saga posted:

More to the point, I don't get how a modern 600 can be "too slow" or difficult to ride on the street. How can a 160mph bike with an 11 second standing quarter time be "slow"? And unless your name is Mick Doohan (or Reuben Xaus), how are people being held back by that missing 400cc?

People aren't held back by the missing 400ccs...it's that a 160mph top speed and a 11 second quarter doesn't tell the whole story.

Look at this dyno graph:

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

Specifically, look below 9k. Anywhere below 9k, you are making roughly 25 foot pounds of torque and below 50hp.

An R6 is good for roughly 75mph in first gear with stock gearing. At 9k you are at roughly 60% of redline, so you're doing around 45mph before you start making more HP than a ninja 500, plus the throttle response is all mushy and poo poo and the engine just isn't responsive.

That's why they suck for street riding. The quarter mile time doesn't talk about street manners or how much you have to slip the clutch if you want to get off the line reasonably quickly.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Z3n posted:

An R6 is good for roughly 75mph in first gear with stock gearing. At 9k you are at roughly 60% of redline, so you're doing around 45mph before you start making more HP than a ninja 500, plus the throttle response is all mushy and poo poo and the engine just isn't responsive.

For comparison's sake, at 45mph my Ninja 250 is in 3rd gear and pulling about 9k RPM on a 13k RPM redline. :cool:

windex and beer
Apr 9, 2007
49er Fanatic
I've say on the Shadow before, not the Rebel though. I did like the way the Shadow felt, but I didn't really have anything to compare it to.

I'm really liking this bike. I haven't contacted the guy so I don't know the mileage, but what do you all think about this one?

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/1479535153.html

This one's on the list too.

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/1479294275.html

Maybe?

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/1478294201.html

Or

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/1487574608.html

There's just so much to take in :*(

windex and beer fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Dec 2, 2009

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

windex and beer posted:

I've say on the Shadow before, not the Rebel though. I did like the way the Shadow felt, but I didn't really have anything to compare it to.

I'm really liking this bike. I haven't contacted the guy so I don't know the mileage, but what do you all think about this one?

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/1479535153.html

This one's on the list too.

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/1479294275.html

Maybe?

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/1478294201.html

Or

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/1487574608.html

There's just so much to take in :*(

I always liked the way the ACE looks, especially the ACE Tourer. If you can find one of those, they're pretty sweet. I almost bought one of those instead of my Valkyrie.

The Stars are very nice bikes too. My dad has the 650 (or whatever) and it's a great bike. The 1100 might be a little heavy for you if you're new, but you sound like a big guy, so you might be able to handle it.

Don't be afraid to be really picky. Fall/winter is the buyer's market so you'll be spoiled for choice.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

Z3n posted:

People aren't held back by the missing 400ccs...it's that a 160mph top speed and a 11 second quarter doesn't tell the whole story.

Look at this dyno graph:

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

Specifically, look below 9k. Anywhere below 9k, you are making roughly 25 foot pounds of torque and below 50hp.

That's why they suck for street riding. The quarter mile time doesn't talk about street manners or how much you have to slip the clutch if you want to get off the line reasonably quickly.

Would it be more of a reasonable upgrade to get a nice middleweight twin IE the Kawasaki ninja 650r or an SV650? I know they have better midrange and are better all rounders and i've had a thing for the 650r before I started riding, especially the 09's.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

infraboy posted:

Would it be more of a reasonable upgrade to get a nice middleweight twin IE the Kawasaki ninja 650r or an SV650? I know they have better midrange and are better all rounders and i've had a thing for the 650r before I started riding, especially the 09's.

You can sort of figure as a general rule of thumb that the fewer the cylinders, the lower the overall HP and the wider the powerband. So singles don't make a lot of HP per displacement, but have a lot of pull off of idle, twins have more HP but less bottom end, and 4s tend to be a lot of top end, a lot of HP, and not much low end. The more displacement you have, the more power you will have across the range.

The biggest exception that I'd mention is that tuning can turn this formula on it's ear. Notible exceptions are large displacement engines not designed for racing (over 1000ccs), which tend towards a lot of midrange and pull from lower RPM in exchange for that top end rush. 2 strokes are also sort of a catagory of their own as well, as they are very, very dependent on tuning.

If you're not the speed demon sort, you could ride a 650R or a SV650 until pretty much the end of days. I've had 3 SV650s and always felt that had excellent kick up until around 100mph, which is pretty much the perfect range for streeting a motorcycle. Awesome all arounders, good second bikes, and just fun in general with a huge aftermarket. The Ninja650 doesn't have quite the aftermarket and hop up availability, but if the looks are good enough to sell you on them, go for it, the aftermarket is only worthwhile if you actually use it.

mrchina
Sep 8, 2004
Echoing above, I love my '06 SV650. It really is great for street riding. Plenty of low end grunt, reliable, comfortable... I have no interest in buying another bike for a long time.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Z3n posted:

I've had 3 SV650s

Has the seating position/peg position changed on them any over the years? I was considering one for my next bike, but sat on a new one ('09) at a dealer and found it way, way too uncomfortable in the legs.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Tsaven Nava posted:

Has the seating position/peg position changed on them any over the years? I was considering one for my next bike, but sat on a new one ('09) at a dealer and found it way, way too uncomfortable in the legs.

The S and the N models have significantly different seating positions. I've owned 2 S models and one N model, and the N model is the only one I'd street. Handlebars over clipons any day of the week for a streetbike.

The S model's footpegs are, I believe, an inch up and back from the N model's. Plus the bars are about 4 inches higher and a couple inches closer to the rider than the clipons. I'd imagine the gladius seating position is almost identical to the SV650N seating position.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

From my couple times sitting on a Gladius at the shop, it seems to have a little lower seat than the Naked SV.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yes, I still haven't bought a bike. Just can't afford it until January.

My dilemma is thus: I really want a DRZ400SM, but the cheapest I've seen are high 3k's. I could afford it, but it would pretty much kill my budget for anything else. (repairs, pretty much anything but food)

I feel like I should just buy an ok condition ex250 and commute with it/wrench on it for a while until a DRZ isn't as much of a burden to buy.

If only I could get rid of my stupid rear end 03' accord without taking a loss against what I owe. (long story)

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

soy posted:

Yes, I still haven't bought a bike. Just can't afford it until January.

My dilemma is thus: I really want a DRZ400SM, but the cheapest I've seen are high 3k's. I could afford it, but it would pretty much kill my budget for anything else. (repairs, pretty much anything but food)

I feel like I should just buy an ok condition ex250 and commute with it/wrench on it for a while until a DRZ isn't as much of a burden to buy.

If only I could get rid of my stupid rear end 03' accord without taking a loss against what I owe. (long story)

Seriously, save and get what you want instead of settling. If you have to wait longer it'll be so much better. Settling for a toy you don't want is never a good idea.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

VTNewb posted:

Seriously, save and get what you want instead of settling. If you have to wait longer it'll be so much better. Settling for a toy you don't want is never a good idea.

I dunno man, I think riding almost ANYTHING is better then not riding at all.

Especially when thinking about getting a bike as criminal as a DRZ400SM, it might be better to start with something less . . . well, something that doesn't make you realize that 30 foot jumps off loading dock ramps are good ideas.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I get the feeling that if I rode an ex250 for a while I would really appreciate a drz400 a lot more when I eventually got one.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I'd rather ride a 250 for a year and then buy a DRZ after that then I would not ride for 6 months and buy a DRZ. They're different sorts of fun, and more experience on different bikes is basically never a bad thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Plus it's not like a used EX250 is going to depreciate at all (especially buying in January), so you can get some experience on it while saving the extra money for the DRZ.