Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FCKGW
May 21, 2006

lol it looks like a generic Irvine business park with a giant stadium stuck in the middle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I flew into LAX today. There's gonna be some good seats on landing jets in the new stadium.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

actually im sad they're not building that stadium in city of industry. it looks like a pinata jizzed on to a hillside

i like that it would be built into the mountain and the majority of it would be underground

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

FCKGW posted:

i live that the majority of it would be underground

It's also a classic "bowl" style stadium where you dig a big hole and use the dirt to build a stadium like the Rose Bowl or Coliseum.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/687412164576043008

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
That was fast

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
it was. sorry ross.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I didn't feel much sympathy with the Rams moving considering they were stolen from LA in the first place, the way the city reacted to the hands up don't shoot protest, and the fact that I just hate St Louis in general (gently caress the Cardinals). Besides, if you're going to steal a team and then have it stolen back, getting to have the greatest show on turf and winning a Superbowl during that window seems worth the hassle.

The Chargers I was holding out a sliver of hope for :(

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Moving the Rams back to LA was the correct choice.

Moving the Chargers just Dean Spanos being a greedy gently caress.

Sorry to see this Chargers fans :smith:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm sorry Ross. At least it isn't that far and it isn't in a toxic dump.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Gonna suck to see the new LA Chargers fans pouring out of the stadium at the beginning of the 4th to beat traffic

zen death robot posted:

I'm also letting everyone know today will be Intruders last day as mod let's all give him a hand shall we?

News to me but ok :shrug:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

zen death robot posted:

I'm also letting everyone know today will be Intruders last day as mod let's all give him a hand shall we?

man TFF is chewing up and spitting out mods y'all

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

this blows

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Ross win the powerball and throw all the winnings at the Chargers San Diego stadium deal

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Is SD now a secondary market for the Rams and Chargers, secondary for just the Chargers or still a primary for the Chargers?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

Is SD now a secondary market for the Rams and Chargers, secondary for just the Chargers or still a primary for the Chargers?

With how fast this is going, it might be a primary market for the Raiders.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Win the powerball, buy an Iranian dirty bomb and set it off at the LA Forum.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ross Angeles posted:

With how fast this is going, it might be a primary market for the Raiders.

San Diego Raiders sounds dumb and I will never acknowledge their existence

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

zen death robot posted:

Intruder did you do HGH

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I didn't want the chargers here but I'll take it over the Raiders. Plus Chiefs / Chargers games in my backyard.

Ross if I get access to a Fox suite I'll invite you.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

:argh:

Febreeze posted:

Intruder did you do HGH

No, my growth came from an honest, strict diet of terrible junk food and beer

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

yo I hope spanos loving dies

loving coward chickenshit piece of trash

go hide behind mark fabiani you piece of human feces

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ross I wish I could remember if you scolded me for wanting to dance on Bud Adams's grave

Welcome to feeling the hate

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Intruder posted:

I didn't feel much sympathy with the Rams moving considering they were stolen from LA in the first place, the way the city reacted to the hands up don't shoot protest, and the fact that I just hate St Louis in general (gently caress the Cardinals). Besides, if you're going to steal a team and then have it stolen back, getting to have the greatest show on turf and winning a Superbowl during that window seems worth the hassle.

The Chargers I was holding out a sliver of hope for :(

Lots of St Louisans were in favor of the players hands-up protest, but they aren't the ones whose friends own media outlets.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Intruder posted:

Ross I wish I could remember if you scolded me for wanting to dance on Bud Adams's grave

Welcome to feeling the hate

i asked how you felt in retrospect since you actually got a new team

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

How I feel is: I want my Oilers in their kickass baby blue uniforms and oil derrick helmets back :(

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Volkerball posted:

loving hell

this is basically how i pictured Freeside in Neuromancer looking

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

im sad and looking at any chargers apparel i have right now feels dirty

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

PerniciousKnid posted:

Lots of St Louisans were in favor of the players hands-up protest, but they aren't the ones whose friends own media outlets.

No kidding. A lot of the people who were not in favor of the protest were, surprise surprise, ones with some ties to the STL County and other municipality police.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Intruder posted:

How I feel is: I want my Oilers in their kickass baby blue uniforms and oil derrick helmets back :(

It's a goddamn crime we lost the Houston Oiler asthetics. The Texans are so bland, but the Oilers looked so good.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Oh zdr are you in StL? That explains your post I guess, I was semi-sure it was a joke but also wasn't sure what could have prompted it :v:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

not nearly enough Hooters per square mile for Davis

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ross Angeles posted:

im sad and looking at any chargers apparel i have right now feels dirty

Throwbacks to wear to the game. They are only cooler now.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

i live a half mile away from chargers park and i'm trying to resist the urge to drive over and throw a brick through one of the windows

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I uh love St Louis and am the new mod

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

zen death robot posted:

Houston Oilers sounds so much better than Houston Texans, and I don't understand why they weren't allowed to use that name since the Titains dropped it.

The Adams family still owns the rights to it, and they still use the Oilers uniform as their throwback

e: Heh. The Adams Family

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

zen death robot posted:

Houston Oilers sounds so much better than Houston Texans, and I don't understand why they weren't allowed to use that name since the Titains dropped it.

Bud Adams owned the trademark

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Since this is the best opportunity to do so, the LA Chargers better play in the powder blues.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
gently caress the Chargers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

zen death robot posted:

Yeah I'm in StL, when you posted "gently caress the cardinals" something in my head snapped and I'm sorry

You ruined Brad Lidge :mad:

• Locked thread