Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
If I were a TO I'd say no it doesn't fizzle, personally, because the exact text only says if you destroy the spellcaster does it stop the spell.

E: For reference, the exact text of Witch Hunter so people don't have to go look it up

Witch Hunter - When an enemy model declares it is casting a spell while within 10" of this model, this model can immediately make a basic attack targeting the enemy spellcaster. If the spellcaster is destroyed as a result of this damage, the spell does not take effect.

No destruction, no fizzle. Thematically it makes sense though, because the wording implies that the damage (and the repercussions of the damage) resolve before the spell is cast, but based on the specific written text of the ability I don't think it causes spirit-crippled warbeasts to not finish their spells.

Magres fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Sep 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

chutche2 posted:

If witch hunter breaks a beast's spirit (there are some badly armored lights out there) does that make the animus fizzle?

Magres posted:

If I were a TO I'd say no it doesn't fizzle, personally, because the exact text only says if you destroy the spellcaster does it stop the spell.

E: For reference, the exact text of Witch Hunter so people don't have to go look it up

Witch Hunter - When an enemy model declares it is casting a spell while within 10" of this model, this model can immediately make a basic attack targeting the enemy spellcaster. If the spellcaster is destroyed as a result of this damage, the spell does not take effect.

No destruction, no fizzle. Thematically it makes sense though, because the wording implies that the damage (and the repercussions of the damage) resolve before the spell is cast, but based on the specific written text of the ability I don't think it causes spirit-crippled warbeasts to not finish their spells.

Agreeing with Magres. It specifically says "destroyed", not "rendered incapable of casting the spell" or something like that.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Though there wasn't an Infernal involved, that was the consensus reached in the rules forum.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
So I've been thinking of giving this a try, specifically Legion. There's a vendor a NovaOpen selling the mkII battle box for $20. Should I?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Eh, while do definitely play the game, the Mk2 Legion BBox didn't really profit from the MK3 upgrade. Pick it up as an aside, because it's worth it just for the Warlock and big beastie, but otherwise I wouldn't advise to pick only that.
See, the little beasties were changed from being more or less some kind of swarm to things that stay near bigger beasts and support them. They have now a special rule which discourage grouping them up.

Iceclaw fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Sep 2, 2016

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

wdarkk posted:

So I've been thinking of giving this a try, specifically Legion. There's a vendor a NovaOpen selling the mkII battle box for $20. Should I?

20 bucks for a heavy warbeast is always good, everything else is gravy.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

wdarkk posted:

Lylyth1 is pretty decent. The Carnivean is seeing use. To get extra value out of it you could buy a Carnivean/Ravagore/Scythean kit and magnetize that and the Carnivean from the battle box.
Shredders are kinda poo poo now, but for 20 bucks it's a great deal. You would need to buy Mk3 cards separately, though.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
I have a very large number of warmahordes minis I'd be willing to trade for a nice Schecter or Dean guitar, depending on model and features (I know, I'm picky about those things).

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788767

PM me if you're interested. I was going to test the waters before I did the extra work of writing up all the details. I'm also planning on putting a bunch of this on Ebay if I don't find a trade and wanted to talk to goons first before others.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I've got a Vanquisher gun and flail I'd be happy to mail to someone. Those seem like they'd be useful for free.

I've apparently also got 3 Crusader maces and some sort of Cryx jack head. I'm guessing the other 4 or 5 jack heads are Menoth but I can't be assed to figure out what they are.

PM me if you want this crap. I'll check my PMs eventually.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

GreenMarine posted:

I have a very large number of warmahordes minis I'd be willing to trade for a nice Schecter or Dean guitar, depending on model and features (I know, I'm picky about those things).

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788767

PM me if you're interested. I was going to test the waters before I did the extra work of writing up all the details. I'm also planning on putting a bunch of this on Ebay if I don't find a trade and wanted to talk to goons first before others.

hi i work at a card shop and the first thing i think when a rando bombs in out of nowhere looking to unload poo poo, particularly when what they're asking doesn't make any kind of sense, is that something sketchy is going on, namaste

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Hey guys I have every model in the game looking to trade for a Prius please PM me

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

gannyGrabber posted:

Hey guys I have every model in the game looking to trade for a Prius please PM me

i pushed a couple buttons and did some basic research and he is literally looking for a 1500+ dollar guitar for minis

what

edit here let's post his list

quote:

- Nearly all assembled or unassembled / unpainted miniatures for Convergence of Cyriss, including Prime Axiom.
- Nearly all assembled and mostly primed white miniatures in the Retribution.
- A fully commission painted Circle Oroboros army built around constructs.
- A very large number of assembled and unpainted Skorne.
- A large number of painted, assembled Protectorate of Menoth of varying quality.
- A small number of painted Cygnar.
- A very large number of assembled Everblight, some painted.

note how there's no specificty other than painted/unpainted and assembled/unassembled. its not "roughly x points of Faction" or "roughly x dollars retail of Faction", or anything that someone who actually played or knew what they were talking about would include, its just "i got a bunch of poo poo who wants to give me a guitar"

im not saying homie is unloading stolen poo poo im just saying it sounds like he's unloading stolen poo poo

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Sep 2, 2016

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

i pushed a couple buttons and did some basic research and he is literally looking for a 1500+ dollar guitar for minis

what

edit here let's post his list

note how there's no specificty other than painted/unpainted and assembled/unassembled. its not "roughly x points of Faction" or "roughly x dollars retail of Faction", or anything that someone who actually played or knew what they were talking about would include, its just "i got a bunch of poo poo who wants to give me a guitar"

im not saying homie is unloading stolen poo poo im just saying it sounds like he's unloading stolen poo poo

I know I'm probably considered just a rando as well but implying some dude stole poo poo just because he doesn't want to spend an hour making some itemized list and have nobody bite anyways is kinda ridiculous. Especially since pushing another couple of buttons will show that although he may not have posted in this thread, dude's active in other mini threads so he probably at least knows a bit of what he's talking about. I know when I was trying to dump my 4 factions of malifaux crap I did about the same thing-just let people know that I had most of faction X unpainted/primed/whatever, all of faction Y, etc because why waste time going into specifics if nobody's even gonna show any interest anyways.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

hi i work at a card shop and the first thing i think when a rando bombs in out of nowhere looking to unload poo poo, particularly when what they're asking doesn't make any kind of sense, is that something sketchy is going on, namaste

Nothing sketchy. I've been a part of the SA community for years, I'm a regular poster throughout TG (particularly in the Warhammer threads) and mostly want to find some way to unload way too many miniatures I am not using in exchange for something I'll use. I also work for Valve software, which is known to a number of SA members, so I have a moderately public persona that I wouldn't risk in ripping off people I enjoy hanging out with on this here board.

I'll update the post. I'd probably also trade for Dropzone Commander or Age of Sigmar models. Possibly 40k daemons. But I'm not sure I need more minis when my goal is to unload minis.

GreenMarine fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Sep 2, 2016

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

GreenMarine posted:

Nothing sketchy. I've been a part of the SA community for years, I'm a regular poster throughout TG (particularly in the Warhammer threads) and mostly want to find some way to unload way too many miniatures I am not using in exchange for something I'll use. I also work for Valve software, which is known to a number of SA members, so I have a moderately public persona that I wouldn't risk in ripping off people I enjoy hanging out with on this here board.

I'll update the post. I'd probably also trade for Dropzone Commander or Age of Sigmar models. Possibly 40k daemons. But I'm not sure I need more minis when my goal is to unload minis.

:siren:VERY SUSPICIOUS:siren:

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Oh boy here we go

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I mean, asking for something valuable in exchange for minis isn't that weird. What's weird is when they lowball it because they obviously have no clue what it's worth. We had a guy come in and try to sell us on him getting out of the hobby and it was obvious it was stolen when we gave him like 85 bucks for a case overflowing with trollblood models, actual tournament lists and poo poo. We had just had an event with a bunch of people from out of town and called around, turned out a guy from Kansas City had his poo poo stolen so we were able to get it back to him.

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi
Did I miss the bandwagon for playing Croaks? Haven't heard much about them since mk3 but, I painted mine finally.

:getin:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I finally assembled my all in one box which gave me some support units that as a beginner I lacked. Want to bring them out for a spin and was wondering if anyone could give some feedback on this?

http://conflictchamber.com/#b21b153q1S1H2d303C3z3G3H7z2e

Protectorate Army - 75 / 75 points

(Harbinger 1) The Harbinger of Menoth [+24]
- Hierophant [3]
- Castigator [12]
- Revenger [10]
- Vanquisher [17]
Choir of Menoth (max) [6]
The Covenant of Menoth [4]
Vassal of Menoth [3]
Idrian Skirmishers (max) [15]
- Idrian Skirmisher Chieftain & Guide [5]
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord [4]

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Nighttheii posted:

Did I miss the bandwagon for playing Croaks? Haven't heard much about them since mk3 but, I painted mine finally.

They are still good, you just don't have them as auto include for every Hordes army. They still are good as a minions unit, but Brigands are currently the FotM

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams

Nighttheii posted:

Nice paint job! I think they're still useful, especially with free boosts in an arm-heavy meta. Now that you can mix minions, they can help with Road Hog or Splatter Boar fire attacks.

I think they lost some value for Legion players, since they're no longer immune to Ravagore shots. Now if you scatter a 4" AoE onto your croaks they'll die instead of getting protected by the scather zone.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Apparently they are selling the journey2's again today sometime

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

gannyGrabber posted:

Bet those guys my friend jacked up the eBay bidding on so they'd end up paying $150 for Jakes 2 are kicking themselves now.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Softface posted:

Bet those guys my friend jacked up the eBay bidding on so they'd end up paying $150 for Jakes 2 are kicking themselves now.

Lol. Limited runs are such horseshit in a game where you must have the correct model to play it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

gannyGrabber posted:

Are those the full caster versions or just updated journeymen

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

gannyGrabber posted:

Lol. Limited runs are such horseshit in a game where you must have the correct model to play it.

I dunno, doesn't seem much different from any given pre-release?

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Are those the full caster versions or just updated journeymen

Full caster versions of the journeymen.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

gannyGrabber posted:

It was prerelease for models that people knew were coming if you spend a ton of money on it for a unique sculpt or just to have it early that isn't PPs fault

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Are the all-grown-up journeymen on the regular release schedule yet?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

They're not even limited release figures, the box and pin are the only exclusives here. It's the same figure you'll be able to buy in a blister later.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Its limited release farkle (box I guess) and having it before your chums so you can rub it in their faces that you are playing some C+ casters BEFORE THEY CAN.

Then they show up to game night and proxy Jakes with war room and JOKE IS ON YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I guess my point is that there is zero goddamn reason you can't sub a journeyman caster for their second version to play in a tourney other than 'gently caress you, buy this limited edition overpriced poo poo'. I think the only one with different weapons is elara?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

gannyGrabber posted:

I guess my point is that there is zero goddamn reason you can't sub a journeyman caster for their second version to play in a tourney other than 'gently caress you, buy this limited edition overpriced poo poo'. I think the only one with different weapons is elara?

It's not limited edition unless you can't wait for it to come out

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
As of this post, they are up.

Edit: any my order with a bunch of them went through relatively painlessly. Good luck for those wanting stuff!

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Sep 2, 2016

S.J.
May 19, 2008

gannyGrabber posted:

No I'm pretty sure it's the exact same model. It's the pin, box, and foil card you're paying extra for. Even the people who bought the models technically can't use it in a tournament until the general release IIRC.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

He's suggesting you use the baby warcaster as a sub for their new full caster version. So use Malakov 1 as a proxy for Malakov2, rather than worrying about Malakov2a or Malakov2b.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

S.J. posted:

No I'm pretty sure it's the exact same model. It's the pin, box, and foil card you're paying extra for.

This is correct. You are paying to get the model early along with the "limited edition" pin, box, and foil card. Same model everyone else will get a few months down the road.

Maybe if the casters were gamebreaking or something I could see a good reason for complaints. Of all of them, Elara probably brings the most to her faction, the others are sidegrades at best to their current casters.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

counterspin posted:

He's suggesting you use the baby warcaster as a sub for their new full caster version. So use Malakov 1 as a proxy for Malakov2, rather than worrying about Malakov2a or Malakov2b.

Yeah that's my point. If you show up to a tournament, even the guys who bought the models early can't use them, because they aren't available for general release. That's been their policy since Mk2 at least. So there's literally no reason to complain about not being able to use your proxy (don't proxy in a tournament) for something that someone else can use, because they can't either.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

S.J. posted:

Yeah that's my point. If you show up to a tournament, even the guys who bought the models early can't use them, because they aren't available for general release. That's been their policy since Mk2 at least. So there's literally no reason to complain about not being able to use your proxy (don't proxy in a tournament) for something that someone else can use, because they can't either.

Is this the PP official policy or is it up to PressGanger discretion? Buying a figure, building an army around and then not being able to play it seems like a poor company policy.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

ShowTime posted:

Is this the PP official policy or is it up to PressGanger discretion? Buying a figure, building an army around and then not being able to play it seems like a poor company policy.

Obviously the TO can do whatever they want, but yes, it's in the tournament packet and has been for most of a decade now. I'm honestly surprised anyone doesn't know about this seeing as how big a deal it's been with so many releases over the years, particularly B3. If you bought a model early and then specifically bought a bunch of stuff around it to bring to a tournament you'd think you'd have read the Steamroller document at some point.

e:

quote:

Models that have not yet been released to the general public at
the time of the event are not permitted unless those models are
readily available at the event venue (such as convention-release
models in tournaments held at that convention). The use of
Extreme versions of models is permitted in organized play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

S.J. posted:

That's not how PP handled them. They counted as general release from the first con sales.

http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?258203-GenCon-new-warcaster-ADR-clarification-tournament-legality