Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Who among us doesent get a little antsy when the dude in the cage is about to wrap it up and you notice 3 other bros side eyeing the thing like a pack of loving hyenas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
Didn't really feel like it, but tomorrow is my first work day after a week off and I'd probably feel even less like it, so went to almost completely empty gym to get my squat on.

Tomorrow it's most likely packed, think I made the right choice.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Acelerion posted:

Who among us doesent get a little antsy when the dude in the cage is about to wrap it up and you notice 3 other bros side eyeing the thing like a pack of loving hyenas.

Not me because I would have already asked the guy how many sets he has left loudly enough for everyone to know I'm next.

My water bottle would be next to the rack and I'd be curling in the nearest mirror space.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Hmm, not sure if it's just getting old, or whether it wasn't as funny as previous years' efforts.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

sassassin posted:

Not me because I would have already asked the guy how many sets he has left loudly enough for everyone to know I'm next.

My water bottle would be next to the rack and I'd be curling in the nearest mirror space.
Always lead with a compliment too like "hey bro nice form" or "drat bro those quads of yours really fill out those shorts" so that he will look for you to let you know hes done

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Pesmerga posted:

Hmm, not sure if it's just getting old, or whether it wasn't as funny as previous years' efforts.

How many ways can you make fun of someone lifting weight wrong, but at least no fap Dr Manhattan got a chuckle out of me.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Pesmerga posted:

It didn't have the same feel for me, but it still got a few laughs.

Allahu trapbar, lol

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

It wasn't funny.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Tiny Lowtax posted:

It wasn't funny.

weighted dab machine looks legit

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Should be something about putting charging stations on each spot so people can sit there in their 7 minute recovery between sets and do instagrams without running down their phone battery.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007

Tiny Lowtax posted:

It wasn't funny.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Tiny Lowtax posted:

It wasn't funny.
Owen Hubbard made a cameo!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Khorne posted:

:stare:

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Whats with the Chloe Moretz references, lately? Seen/heard it like 3 times recently but idgi

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Khorne posted:

Those skull gainz brah.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Pesmerga posted:

Those skull gainz brah.
There are his lifts from ipf worlds this year, benching starts at 2:50 or so his grip is sort of wider than legal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR35oxh-81w

24 years old @ 83kg

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Khorne posted:

There are his lifts from ipf worlds this year, benching starts at 2:50 or so his grip is sort of wider than legal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR35oxh-81w

24 years old @ 83kg

It's an impressive number, but that can't be good for your neck.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Pesmerga posted:

It's an impressive number, but that can't be good for your neck.
It's somewhat average for the top 3 tested+raw lifters in the world in his weight class. Haack had around 200kg, gibbs has 208kg or so this year which was a record and a bit more than his bench.

And yeah, he's the only person I know of who sets up like that. It's probably okay for your neck provided you don't somehow snap it, but I would not try it at home.

edit: oh yeah, I don't even bench half as much as he does and I have 20kg on him.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jan 2, 2017

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Khorne posted:

It's somewhat average for the top 3 tested+raw lifters in the world in his weight class. Haack had around 200kg, gibbs has 208kg or so this year which was a record and a bit more than his bench.

And yeah, he's the only person I know of who sets up like that. It's probably okay for your neck provided you don't somehow snap it, but I would not try it at home.

I like walking and being able to feed myself enough to never try it anywhere.

Also, first morning in the gym for 2017. 100kg for 5 reps here I come :getin:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
What's the issue with setting up like that, don't wrestlers do bridges like that for reps as part of training (my brother said he used to do something similar)?

I wish I could still bench without elbow explosions, I miss it.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Tried my new gym today

It was okay. It had the necessary stuff. Almost.. There's no real squatrack, only a smithrack for squatting :(

Also the locker room was comically small. You could fit max 3 people in there to give you an idea :stare:. It was very cozy and intimate if you like to get naked elbow to elbow with other dudes

Feminism Pendants
Jan 2, 2017

by Lowtax
wish i had cable machine for my home gym, but free weights and barbells destroy ur body already if you do them regularly so im not gonna worry

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a mysterious cloak posted:

Whats with the Chloe Moretz references, lately? Seen/heard it like 3 times recently but idgi

New meme on /fit since she gets so pissy on twitter and has a....sturdy build.

Also she ended a twitter rant with "do you feel in charge?" which of course produced predictable memes.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
A sturdy build? She just looks like generic girl

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Please don't squat in the smith machine

atrophy bf
Jan 4, 2005

TFLC's most selfless fitness motivator
:smith:

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Zzulu posted:

arent you like scandanavian or something? in america women are generally "softer" with less broad shoulders. its probably a cultural thing. but yes that is normal and our view is skewed because we are fat and decadent

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

I'm American and that's a normal girl

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I think you're my thread nemesis we disagree on everything lol

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Tiny Lowtax posted:

:same:

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Tolkien minority posted:

I think you're my thread nemesis we disagree on everything lol

No we don't.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Zzulu posted:

Got the uncensored version?

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

sassassin posted:

Lmao

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

sassassin posted:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i can say this because my girlfriend can outbench and press you all

Zzulu
May 15, 2009