Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
as she slowly shrinks and transforms into a corn cob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

bookreviews.com

"this book transformed my lifewife into a corn cob" 2/5 stars

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

paying $200 for a meme book to support the arts :lofty:

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Lightning Knight posted:

paying 200 dollars for a meme book to own my life

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

fabergay egg posted:

spending countless nights writing a meme book to own my life

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
i think i pledged enough for 2 regular copies? if i didn't let me know (much as it will pain me to pledge anything other than $69)

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

pledged for a book

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

twoday posted:

If you pay for both I will send you both, someone ordered multiple copies. I just need to make a note of it so I know how many to print

Oh, I upped my thing to be hardcover + regular a few days ago, but forgot to say here

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Pledged because this is the best thing I have ever seen

And everything else is perfectly adequate.

Scapulor
Nov 21, 2005

The man with the magic scapulae
Pillbug
Pledged for a book. I'm real happy for you twoday. No wonder you quadrupled your goal when you capture the time ghost so excellently. Like some sort of time ghost buster

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Dear Mr. Twoday,
I hope this letter finds you well. I know you are in the middle of figuring out this whole publishing thing, so please consider this a bookmark of sorts for when that's all done, and you can sit down and have some tea / coffee / beer / marijuana based product, however you take time for you.

The latest GOP convention was a horrorshow, like kinda indescribable

I'm getting the recap from late night comics, and they mark the peaks in these mountains of madness

one speaker said donald trump was gonna continue emancipating white people

another featured a bizarre faced woman

like, the demands of beauty for women are cruel and implacable

and this person, by makeup or plastic surgery had followed these demands right into the uncanny valley of her own face

she screamed gibberish and bullshit at the camera, a sign, a warning

anyway, when you're ready for that cup of tea [etc] there is some MATERIAL waiting for you, friend

best regards,
Neb

Nebakenezzer has issued a correction as of 13:00 on Aug 29, 2020

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

PS> the book of the month in the book barn is available online and is illustrated, you might dig it

https://archive.org/details/merryadventureso00pylerich

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Nebakenezzer posted:

PS> the book of the month in the book barn is available online and is illustrated, you might dig it

https://archive.org/details/merryadventureso00pylerich

That picture of the friar careying Robin hood that it defaults to is amazing lmao

twoday
May 4, 2005

It's been a long week, just want to thank you all!

that book is cool yeah, gives me some ideas

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

twoday posted:

going to stick this in somewhere near the end

:hai:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
pledged for a book. if we want to order multiple copies what's the best way of doing that

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
bought the big book gently caress yeah gimme

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

:eyepop:

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

twoday if no one buys the sailor altar, you must drag it behind you like an albatross, everywhere you go, for all your days, forever cursed/blessed to remember sailor

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

:captainpop:

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
number went up.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

this is an amazing ratio of dollars per backer and shows imho first and foremost that the average cspam poster greatly values artifacts bound in the treated hides of fellow mammals even though the information content is no different from that of a paper edition

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

This means it will be done ~4x faster, right?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Dustcat posted:

this is an amazing ratio of dollars per backer and shows imho first and foremost that the average cspam poster greatly values artifacts bound in the treated hides of fellow mammals even though the information content is no different from that of a paper edition

I just want twoday to sign mine tbh

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
*twoday, staring at his massively backordered cspam book*

trump!

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

on the plus side, twoday having to manually bind 50 books is probably going to gain through his labors a skill that will be useful in the post trump world

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
yeah human skin is gonna be in good supply

twoday
May 4, 2005

holy drat

twoday
May 4, 2005

ex post facho posted:

pledged for a book. if we want to order multiple copies what's the best way of doing that

You can pay twice, I just need to make a note that you want two

twoday
May 4, 2005

WrasslorMonkey posted:

This means it will be done ~4x faster, right?

Hahaha

does anyone know how long it takes to bind 50 books

twoday
May 4, 2005

holy gently caress wow

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

twoday posted:

Hahaha

does anyone know how long it takes to bind 50 books

considering you don't have much (any?) experience, a pretty long time

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Hand binded books... PILED HIGH!

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

y'all laugh now, but the ability to take the skin off a random animal and turn it into an embossed book cover with donald trump's face on it will earn twoday several dozen portions a day in another few years

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
twoday, the tanner. binder of words. bearer of history. leather daddy.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
you really undershot the price on those leather copies

capitalism has been failed

it is a great victory for us

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Dustcat posted:

cspam posters know an object of power when they see one. for a mammal to die for your artifacts creation gives it great mystical presence.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

If leather is too much of a pain I will take mine in etched stainless steel.

Or carved oak. Whichever you have lying around.

twoday
May 4, 2005

M_Gargantua posted:

you really undershot the price on those leather copies

capitalism has been failed

it is a great victory for us

I honestly that only like 4 or 5 people would want one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
i've never owned a leather bound book so i figured now was a good as time as any. looking up leather book prices, and they range widely. looking at one publisher, their books seem to start from around 100 usd to 400+. cheaper books from other publishers can be had for around 25 usd.

so it seems you found a good price point for what it is, twoday