Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its a version of a costume he was wearing for a while recently. Although the big thing about that costume was that it didn't have a helmet/mask and also he isn't wearing it anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Steve Yun posted:

Yay, Redford playing a CIA spook

What's up with the new costume? Is this going to be a grimdark Captain America

I saw the old one in there somewhere.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Steve Yun posted:

I think they just went with this because it looks more like something SHIELD would give him, since that is who he is working with in this one.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Steve Yun posted:

It's a fairly grim story. I think they've got the Winter Soldier dead on, though.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

Alehkhs posted:

Captain America: The Winter Soldier official trailer is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLWsK1ZFunA

Chekov's Helicarrier.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Steve Yun posted:

It's based off the Steve Rogers: Super Soldier suit from the comics:

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
they really seem to not like helicarriers. Who is the new villain, looks like he's part Colossus.

Vendictus Prime fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Oct 25, 2013

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vendictus Prime posted:

they really seem to not like helicarriers. Who is the new villian?

He's a guy called the Winter Soldier, the ultimate assassin who killed for the Soviet Union during the Cold War.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Vendictus Prime posted:

they really seem to not like helicarriers. Who is the new villain, looks like he's part Cyclops.

You probably mean Colossus, what with the metal band arms.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vendictus Prime posted:

they really seem to not like helicarriers.

Probably the most faithful aspect to the comics.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Looks pretty fun, but I can't wait until they stop slowly lowering people from a cable to "simulate" falling.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Steve Yun posted:

You probably mean Colossus, what with the metal band arms.

drat, you are right,can't believe I did that, fixed.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Six seconds of Xmen: Days of Future Past

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI23E9nBHmo

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Halle Berry's hair is still terrible.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It's time to see just how short we can make a sneak peak.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Dexo posted:

I assume it was made for Vine or Instagram. Studios are doing that now.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I assume it was made for Vine or Instagram. Studios are doing that now.

Is there a limit on instagrams videos?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Vine is 6 seconds, Instagram 15.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If I was a movie exec, I'd just make gif previews of my trailers instead. That seems like it would be easier to share.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

Dexo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3F48jXIr3k

http://teamcoco.com/video/jj-abrams-gives-an-exclusive-sneak-peek-of-star-trek-into-darkness

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

:stare: Jesus Christ.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahaha, I remember that. Probably the best clip that's ever been shown on Conan :allears:

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
I saw "The Counselor" tonight, and in the 20 minutes of trailers before the movie was this gem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92EBSmxinus

Geoffry Rush teaching someone a skill and becoming their best bud in the process. Wasn't there an awards season movie that did that same plot four, no, three years ago? What is the point of saying 'FROM THE STUDIO THAT BROUGHT YOU LIFE OF PI', when that same studio released probably 50 movies last year? Notice the narrator who comes in rather jarringly at the end of the trailer; this is the first trailer I've seen in a while that actually has one. Also, those blurbs are the funniest goddamn thing. They're not blurbs for the movie. They are blurbs for the novel the movie is based on.

The Slippery Nipple
Mar 27, 2010

Robert Denby posted:

I saw "The Counselor" tonight, and in the 20 minutes of trailers before the movie was this gem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92EBSmxinus

Geoffry Rush teaching someone a skill and becoming their best bud in the process. Wasn't there an awards season movie that did that same plot four, no, three years ago? What is the point of saying 'FROM THE STUDIO THAT BROUGHT YOU LIFE OF PI', when that same studio released probably 50 movies last year? Notice the narrator who comes in rather jarringly at the end of the trailer; this is the first trailer I've seen in a while that actually has one. Also, those blurbs are the funniest goddamn thing. They're not blurbs for the movie. They are blurbs for the novel the movie is based on.

That is a lame trailer (could they have made that narrator any more jarring?) and the movie will probably suck but for the record the book is loving amazing, one of my favorites of all time.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I really liked the trailer until "Words will inspire her"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I do like Geoffrey Rush though so I will probably watch it

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

I'm interested in seeing it even if the trailer is poo poo because the book is loving amazing and also I'm really curious how or even if they'll keep Death as the narrator.

edit - I don't even know if that's considered a spoiler since in the book it's pretty obvious from the get go who the narrator is, but it's a cool enough premise that I wouldn't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't had the pleasure of reading it yet.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Oct 27, 2013

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I'm on my phone right now so I can't post it, but look up the International trailer for it. Makes it look much better.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
This new Veronica Mars trailer/featurette makes it seem a lot more promising than the original trailer.

http://vimeo.com/77887266

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK2zYHWDZKo

Days of Future Past manages to pull off the impossible and look as terrible as every previous X-Men film not called First Class.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Days of Future Past manages to pull off the impossible and look as terrible as every previous X-Men film not called First Class.

Wait, so what am I missing? Because this looks awesome.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Not surprised they want to change the future, because it looks like the dullest place ever :v:

I'm not a fan of trailers that use music from a different picture which is so intertwined with the movie. I recognize the second song as well but I can't put a name to it at the moment, so mustn't be that iconic. That doesn't bother me so much.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Oct 29, 2013

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:stonk:
Did we watch the same trailer because that looks incredible?
Then again, I was sold when I saw Peter Dinklage so I might be biased. :shrug:

Deakul fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Oct 29, 2013

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

I liked it but what they hell were they thinking @ 1:25. I thought youtube had skipped a few seconds. Its really lazy.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

DivisionPost posted:

Wait, so what am I missing? Because this looks awesome.

Yeah the only thing that looks poo poo is Storm's hair.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Agreed, and it seems yet again we're being forced to watch Geriatric Magnet Man and that really calm, weak guy they call Wolverine (assuming his current iteration is being abandoned in the past because the guy reduced to bone claws isn't my idea of who needs to fight the giant metal machines, though Singer makes enough awful choices) take all strength out of the series, hopefully draining it to death this time. I mean, the extent of Bishop's look seems to be football pads and a grandmother's shawl, which really represents Fox's grasp of the property and what is going to put butts in seats after this outing.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Mierenneuker posted:

Not surprised they want to change the future, because it looks like the dullest place ever :v:

I'm not a fan of trailers that use music from a different picture which is so intertwined with the movie. I recognize the second song as well but I can't put a name to it at the moment, so mustn't be that iconic. That doesn't bother me so much.

Trailers seem to like aping Danny Boyle soundtracks. "In a house, In a heartbeat" from 28 Days later got a lot of use in trailers and somehow the Sunshine song is still getting used. Before then it seemed like every trailer was aping the big orchestral version of Requiem for a Dream's "Lux Aeterna"

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Opinions on the content aside, that trailer is so badly put together. Almost killed my interest in the film dead

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

The overuse of the Sunshine soundtrack is pretty amusing considering that it was almost never released due to conflict over the rights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Opinions on the content aside, that trailer is so badly put together. Almost killed my interest in the film dead

I cannot stop laughing at the cut at 1:25.

• Locked thread