Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Kit Walker posted:

Man, I'm about a thousand posts behind. Anything exciting happen after the NYT Trump tax leak happened?

We have such sights to show you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Kit Walker posted:

Man, I'm about a thousand posts behind. Anything exciting happen after the NYT Trump tax leak happened?

Read them all and keep plenty of lube handy.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Goatman Sacks posted:

Noted 2-star general and Curtis LeMay wannabe Michael Flynn has the official response for Trump's "LOL GIT GUD" gaffe w/r/t suicide:

Reading Trump's quote, it seems pretty clear that Trump didn't mean to say that the soldiers committing suicide are baby pissypants. He just thinks that PTSD is something "strong" troops aren't susceptible to, and which can be fixed with a pill or something.

It's a dumb thing to say, but in the typical Trump way that supporters can brush off as naysayers nitpicking his intentions.

Dork457 posted:

In terms of 538's model, shouldn't whichever candidate is leading continue to widen their chances as it gets closer to election day. Given that there are less and less chances for major shakeups to shift the likely outcome of the election? Or is it really "anything can happen."

If the polls keep showing a difference of 1-2 points in the vote, then the election could still swing either way depending on the weather, who doesn't bother voting, etc.

They figured Obama was a reliable call very early in 2012 because he'd had a very steady (but small) lead for months, while Clinton and Trump have been ping-ponging back and forth.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
omg, beaten so badly

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

FronzelNeekburm posted:

If the polls keep showing a difference of 1-2 points in the vote, then the election could still swing either way depending on the weather, who doesn't bother voting, etc.

They figured Obama was a reliable call very early in 2012 because he'd had a very steady (but small) lead for months, while Clinton and Trump have been ping-ponging back and forth.

Note: They've been ping-ponging mostly between 'Trump is down by 1-2' and 'Trump is down by 10'.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

cant cook creole bream posted:

Remember a week ago when we were certain that the debate would be meaningless and that Trump would "win" it anyway?

Some people were. I wasn't.

MindlessSpartan
Jul 22, 2007

An efficient, green vehicle with 5000 pounds of towing capacity.
How long is MSNBC going to cover this loving rally. Also lmao he's equating his loss to the Great Depression because the real estate market was just so awful.

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011

Rookersh posted:

Oh so it's fanfiction then.

Reminder, we can actually see if the US asks other countries for extradition rights ( because we need to press charges and we.....haven't ), and they've never given a single poo poo about Assange. The Swedes are the only ones that ever wanted him, and they only wanted to talk to him about the rape charges. Which by the way they offered multiple times to go visit the Embassy to meet with him in person to serve him, so he'd never have to leave the Embassy, and he told them to go gently caress off, and that he was such a gift to women he couldn't have raped them, because his dick is magical.

That entire article reads like straight up fanfiction, especially considering that's exactly the sort of poo poo Wikileaks has tried to paint itself as for years ( THE US IS TOTALLY AFTER US BECAUSE WE ARE HITTING IT TO THEM SO HARD!!!!!!! .....why has USsenpai not cared about us at all yet!! ). I highly doubt people in the State Department use "drone" as a verb like that, and I'm also going to highly doubt anybody suggested a drone attack on a target in the UK, because that'd be incredibly obvious to everyone around what had happen, would draw us into a conflict with the UK/Ecuador, and cause all sorts of other problems. If we really wanted Assange dead we have better tools like poison/accidents that wouldn't cause everyone in the world to hate us.

Like I have to believe Wikileaks ( something I don't really believe anymore ), got confidential data suggesting Hillary Clinton uses terms like "let's drone that guy dawg." in common parlance, and then despite years of working delicate politics decided the best way of dealing with a target on allied soil was a very obvious drone strike. Even though despite Wikileaks constant attempts to yell about how relevant they are, the US has not shown a single sign they care in the slightest about Wikileaks. And even in this theoretical situation, Hillary Clinton and the State Department should be intelligent enough to realize killing Assange wouldn't actually stop Wikileaks because other people run the site/filter the information, it'd just martyr him? And we likely have entire gameplans set up on how not to make martyrs?

Yeah, maybe I need to read a few more pages of this thread, but I'm trying to figure out why we're assuming this "report" is legit.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Night10194 posted:

Note: They've been ping-ponging mostly between 'Trump is down by 1-2' and 'Trump is down by 10'.

Largely based on how many people under 60 they sample.

Sensible Thursday
Jul 28, 2007
Even on the Nowcast the top six weighted polls don't include any data collected after 9/29. Trump's 3 AM tweetstorm and the tax revelations have yet to be factored in anywhere.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Sensible Thursday posted:

Even on the Nowcast the top six weighted polls don't include any data collected after 9/29. Trump's 3 AM tweetstorm and the tax revelations have yet to be factored in anywhere.

They factored into our hearts and minds

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america

MindlessSpartan posted:

How long is MSNBC going to cover this loving rally. Also lmao he's equating his loss to the Great Depression because the real estate market was just so awful.

Remember: Trump's net loss that year accounted for 1.9% of the losses filed in the entire country that year.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
PTSD now is trending on Twitter for obvious reasons. A lot of vets are pissed.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
"The country is confused. In terms of even the divide in our country, we have such divide, and really divides. We have many different forms of divides, so there's a lot of confusion."

Ladies and gentlemen, your Republican candidate for President.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm so glad at least some media organizations are running hard on the veteran suicide gaffe. CNN's title for their article is Donald Trump: Military suicides happen to servicemembers who 'can't handle it'

Which is pretty much what he said, I'm just glad they didn't try to twist it the other way :unsmith:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Dick Trauma posted:

"The country is confused. In terms of even the divide in our country, we have such divide, and really divides. We have many different forms of divides, so there's a lot of confusion."

I mean he's not wrong. There's a lot of confusion and a lot of divide.

It's just mostly due to him.

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america

Sensible Thursday posted:

Man, I can't believe Trump's 3AM tweets were only 4 days ago.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I really want to ask my brother--former Air Force, Iraq and Afghanistan deployments--what he thinks of the Cheeto's flub but we agreed long long ago to never talk politics ever beyond who we're voting for, and he's already voting Clinton. Oh well

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Dick Trauma posted:

I was gonna quote that but I would have had to type it out and didn't want to risk brain damage

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
I had a "conversation" with a heated disabled racist idiot today, that amounted to.

"If Trump get's elected I will make sure YOU are exterminated."

They looked at me aghast, when I turned their heated kill all welfare mooches against them taking their Nazi rhetoric to the extreme, you want to make an argument for the devil winning, meaning I'll have to pledge allegiance to him to live, then gently caress you for making me do that, I'll be fine in his eyes for being a good American oathtaker.

But not you and your hypocritical delusional view of yourself. I'll make sure you pay for making that reality come true.

Lucky I'm voting for Hillary, I'd rather not be forced into that position. I care enough about other people to not do that to you, so much so I'm willing to pay my taxes so teh state can afford your care. If you force this world on us we wont be in a position to choose our own altruism. You want your revenge? What about the rest of getting ours once you've gotten your way?

"Oh if you put it that way..."

I've been going to dark places having to talk to anyone who actually supports Trump to get through the delusions. Something this week snapped in me that I no longer care about the humanity in your average Trump supporter, let them know their support of this demagogue would lead to their own end by your own hand. The shock and awe I had when saying this was amazing.

Please make this stop.... there is a mental health problem in this country.....

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They'll still vote for anyone with an R by a 50 point margin and then whine and moan when they keep getting blown up in the wars the R candidate specifically told them they'd start.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

BlueBlazer posted:

I had a "conversation" with a heated disabled racist idiot today, that amounted to.

They looked at me aghast, when I turned their heated kill all welfare mooches against them taking their Nazi rhetoric to the extreme, you want to make an argument for the devil winning, meaning I'll have to pledge allegiance to him to live, then gently caress you for making me do that, I'll be fine in his eyes for being a good American oathtaker.

But not you and your hypocritical delusional view of yourself. I'll make sure you pay for making that reality come true.

Lucky I'm voting for Hillary, I'd rather not be forced into that position. I care enough about other people to not do that to you, so much so I'm willing to pay my taxes so teh state can afford your care. If you force this world on us we wont be in a position to choose our own altruism. You want your revenge? What about the rest of getting ours once you've gotten your way?

I've been going to dark places having to talk to anyone who actually supports Trump to get through the delusions. Something this week snapped in me that I no longer care about the humanity in your average Trump supporter, let them know their support of this demagogue would lead to their own end by your own hand. The shock and awe I had when saying this was amazing.

maybe take a break from politics

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
A thing that happened to me today, a new bumper sticker appeared on my car:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/sinderbrand/status/783047221092777984

AlouetteNR
Jun 6, 2011

BlueBlazer posted:

And that disabled racist idiot's name was Albert Einstein.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BlueBlazer posted:

You, uh, you really need to step away. That's not a healthy place to be.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Dick Trauma posted:

"We have fractions, for example. What the hell are those? They're divides perpetually being divided. Unless you make them into decimals. Which I guess meams they aren't divided anymore. Or are they? And let's not forget decimals can repeat to infinity. That is just loving crazy! Like how do we know they're infinite? Isn't in impossible to check?

And why can't we divide by zero? Why can't we break something up and put it into zero groups? I did that with my diginity, why not numbers?

Now, let me tell you about long divison, which I failed in 4th grade..."

I'm a loving nerd for making these jokes.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

maybe take a break from politics

Humans are political animals.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

BlueBlazer posted:

speaking of that... maybe seek professional help before you threaten any more disabled people with extermination

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

WD40 ought to fix that red little ugly box.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Covok posted:

It peeled off p easy cause his poo poo is all made really cheaply (shock), but just lol that my stickers made some Trumpist mad enough to to come do that

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

A lot of them bring up his draft-dodging as a negative but let's get real, no one would have wanted a young Donald Trump in their platoon. He'd throw you right under the bus in any skirmish.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

BlueBlazer posted:

HAha woah there buddy.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Covok posted:

I'll take "Things I Whispered To Your Mother Last Night" for $400

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

https://twitter.com/leena_1119/status/783040929024266241

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
"Oh you're gonnna vote for trump? Well guess what you're retarded and I am going to murder your rear end"

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Hope you get that poo poo off without to much trouble. Sucks man :(

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Am I dumb to think that the race would be dead heat or even not in Hillary's favor if any of the "safe" Republican candidates ran?

Covok
May 27, 2013

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

It peeled off p easy cause his poo poo is all made really cheaply (shock), but just lol that my stickers made some Trumpist mad enough to to come do that

Trumpsters have skin thinner than that sticker. It's not surprising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

punk rebel ecks posted:

Am I dumb to think that the race would be dead heat or even not in Hillary's favor if any of the "safe" Republican candidates ran?

Jeb Bush has many of the same issues as Hillary.

Rubio's sole appeal is "he's brown, maybe Mexicans will like him".

Ted Cruz is Ted Cruz.

Walker dropped out on his own because he's that much of a lummox.

Chris Christie literally has a scandal erupting under him right now.

• Locked thread