Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Oh god there's one for sale in Toronto with only 40k miles on it for $55k

Think I'm going to go start a gofundme holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Kazinsal posted:

gently caress electric cars, if I'm spending north of fifty grand on a fuckin car that goes zoom I'm getting myself a mid-90s NSX

hopefully youre just getting it for nostalgia or style and not power, because it isnt that fast, especially not at that price point

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Yeah if I get one it's because it's been my favourite sports car for almost my entire life.

$55k is... both incredibly steep and surprisingly not as much as I expected them to be what with the new NSX being like $200k in Canada

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
hell for 200k you could almost afford a 1st and 2nd gen nsx. 2nd gens are proper fast too

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

hopefully youre just getting it for nostalgia or style and not power, because it isnt that fast, especially not at that price point

someone's never played gran turismo

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Two Finger posted:

someone's never played gran turismo

when someone has managed to keep pace with an nsx in their sedan it kind of ruins the mystique of it for them ;)

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

yeah they weren't stupid fast in a straight line or anything but from everything i've heard they were just really well set up and drove like a dream

i'd love to find out for myself sometime plus they look cool as poo poo

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I've never driven one but I sat in the drivers seat of one at a car once a few years ago and everything just felt incredibly well built. Nothing creaked if you pressed on it, everything sloped perfectly towards you, and it was comfortable as gently caress

Apparently they corner incredibly well though, which would make taking back roads to work a lot more fun instead of just being a way to avoid the fact that this city is allergic to fixing potholes on main roads

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6FDPS-78WU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Man before I even clicked on that I heard "SELL IT FOR A HUNDRED GEES, SON" in my head

also nice av

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Show me with your mouth

e: oh my god this movie is dark

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Feb 19, 2017

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
That is a sharp looking car.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Supercar chat: Saw a V10 Lambo Candy Apple Red Aventador Convertible in the wild today in Hershey and it was sick. as. gently caress.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Supercar chat: Saw a V10 Lambo Candy Apple Red Aventador Convertible in the wild today in Hershey and it was sick. as. gently caress.

Where in PA do you live?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

bmw doesnt rate with the manufacturers you listed. those are all super car makers

there are plenty of bmws out there that at the very least have a functioning loving hood release so you can top off the washer fluid without bringing it into the dealer

Godholio posted:

That's BMW's motto.

A BMW is not an exotic car. It's Germany's GM, they just make different horrible design decisions.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

It costs $150,000 it's an exotic car.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
To be fair, Opel is Germany's GM. Opel buys GM parts. BMW is still a high priced luxury car in Germany. It'd be more accurate to say BMW is Germany's Cadillac.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

see but the thing is, youre wrong

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

see but the thing is, youre wrong

Does Ford make supercars?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

singular yes

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I'd love a GT40

Does the Ford RS2000 count?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

i don't think that really counts, it's more of an out and out racer than a supercar but then that could get into a really semantic argument

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

TBeats posted:

semantics. halo cars are generally exotic.

Cool. How about exotics. Are they generally supercars?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

joat mon posted:

Cool. How about exotics. Are they generally supercars?

Sure.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

TBeats posted:

not sure what ford has to do with bmw not being a super car manufacturer

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

not sure what ford has to do with bmw not being a super car manufacturer

Consider it the first question in a line of questions.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

TBeats posted:

Two Finger posted:

singular yes

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

TBeats posted:

cole, i know what youre trying to do. go look at the cars bmw has manufactured. theyve yet to make a super car. the i8 is a sports car

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Okay this is a stupid roundabout way to say that you likely don't consider Ford a supercars manufacturer, but they do make one. So it's okay to say that BMW, who you don't consider an exotic car manufacturer, makes one exotic car.

E: I never said it's a supercar :ssh:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

cole, i know what youre trying to do. go look at the cars bmw has manufactured. theyve yet to make a super car. the i8 is a sports car

-How Trump answers questions

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Yeah, when I hear "super car", I think Koenigsegg CCX or Veyron or some poo poo.

But still, if you're shelling out 150 grand for a car, why would you care about not being able to open the hood?

You don't need to open it...if there's something you need the hood open for, you're almost certainly not qualified to fix it.

/edit: lol, the engine isn't even under the hood, the electric motor for the front axis is, what are we even arguing about?

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Feb 19, 2017

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
We make the best cars don't we folks, I'm gonna bring all the cars back to America and make Europe pay for it.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

TIL: that the title "super car" has super specific parameters

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

you could maybe make an argument the M1 was a supercar i guess? but even that i dunno if it really counts

also not really sure why you're arguing the point so hard cole

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Two Finger posted:

you could maybe make an argument the M1 was a supercar i guess? but even that i dunno if it really counts

also not really sure why you're arguing the point so hard cole

It's generally a 1:1 ratio of "people say something to Cole" to "Cole responds to it" but I'm definitely breaking a sweat with these thumb motions.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNzaJgNNK3A

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uH_X-9fjfI

dying irl laughing at this

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Regular Car Reviews is really good.

Still swear that dude has some military exposure.

Also I thought it was "cut Cole some slack" month :ohdear:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
cole died for our sins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

"This is for the guy that open-carries at his cousin's Bar Mitzvah"

:lol:

• Locked thread