Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Intruder posted:

lol if the Cowboys don't release Romo now

Jeff Gar-ci-a

Clap Clap ClapClapClap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Durandal1707 posted:

Bill Polian has always been a loving moron though?

(I agree)

He probably gets way too much credit for like three draft picks over a 20 year career. He destoyed the Panthers in the early days of free agency and peaced out before the bill was due.

He's now clearly demented and they shouldn't put him on tv.

After thinking bout it and looking at the okung contract, I think the market this year for tackles was just loving nuts, and the Panthers had to pay that if they wanted something.

It sucks but..eh.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

fsif posted:

But pretty happy with the Hyde signing. Sorry Aaron.

The Packers didn't even bother to make an offer. He is versatile but not fast enough for corner or big enough for safety.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

a new study bible! posted:

Jeff Gar-ci-a

Clap Clap ClapClapClap

I wonder what Vinnie's up to these days

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Hand Row posted:

The Packers didn't even bother to make an offer. He is versatile but not fast enough for corner or big enough for safety.

Still made some incredible plays.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Intruder posted:

I wonder what Vinnie's up to these days

Too bad they missed out on the Mike Glennon experience

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Hand Row posted:

Love his intangibles though.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Abugadu posted:

Still made some incredible plays.

Did he? He usually just missed them barely because he just isn't quick enough. Cowboy game was sweet though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

He probably gets way too much credit for like three draft picks over a 20 year career. He destoyed the Panthers in the early days of free agency and peaced out before the bill was due.

I think he legitimately deserves credit for those Bills teams. Yeah Kelly was there (I think maybe the Kelly pick predated him?) but those teams were monsters all around and he put most of it together. Also imagine getting fired after going to three straight super bowls.

Past that, yeah he's overrated. He had more than a couple of good picks but not being able to get more than one Super Bowl win and 2 appearances out of Peyton Manning's career before Denver is some bullshit.

Agreed that he certainly doesn't seem like he should be on TV these days.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Hand Row posted:

Did he? He usually just missed them barely because he just isn't quick enough. Cowboy game was sweet though.

He was always good for one or two game saving picks or pass breakups a year, out of nowhere, usually after an injury to a starter.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Oh Cutler my Cutler...

We never deserved him for as long as he graced us with his tight spirals and tighter haircuts.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The zero talk regarding Hightower better mean the Pats are in on him.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

FizFashizzle posted:

After thinking bout it and looking at the okung contract, I think the market this year for tackles was just loving nuts, and the Panthers had to pay that if they wanted something.

It sucks but..eh.

So who would you have preferred? Okung or Kalil?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

It sucks but..eh.

What would you say the picks were? Bruce Smith, Manning and..? Because I think Jim Kelly was drafted before Polian was with the Bills, just that he was the GM about when the USFL folded.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Freney

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Durandal1707 posted:

What would you say the picks were? Bruce Smith, Manning and..? Because I think Jim Kelly was drafted before Polian was with the Bills, just that he was the GM about when the USFL folded.

Thurman, Freeney, Edge, Mathis, Wayne, Conlan, Sanders. Take your pick

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Durandal1707 posted:

Manning, Edgerrin James, Reggie Wayne, Freeney, Mathis, Dallas Clark, Bob Sanders, McAfee. Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

gently caress Bill Polian though.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/840014086620512256

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

drat. One more target off the list.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

HELL YEAH

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

ShakeZula posted:

drat. One more target off the list.

Were the Colts ever in on him? After Baker went off the board, I figured they were focusing on Poe.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers are going after peppers and munnerlyn.

Ugh

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/840016765971226624

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

FizFashizzle posted:

Panthers are going after peppers and munnerlyn.

Ugh

Great moves in 2010

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I will always love Peppers for Clay Matthews-ing Rodgers when he kept on faking going out on his runs and then getting extra yards.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

pubic works project posted:

Were the Colts ever in on him? After Baker went off the board, I figured they were focusing on Poe.

Hard to say, since the Colts were apparently a popular smokescreen among agents this year. I meant more of a personal target of mine.

Poe would be great for the right price.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I will always love Peppers for Clay Matthews-ing Rodgers when he kept on faking going out on his runs and then getting extra yards.

Him concussing Rodgers there won them the game. They had to kick a FG after that instead of punching it in for the go ahead touchdown.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

If we signed Charles Johnson to a contract and are pursuing Peppers and Munerlyn why not go all out and bring everyone back. I am sure we could get Mike Mitchell to play safety again. Hell we might even be able to get Steve Smith to unretire again.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That is a lot of money for a nose tackle. Hopefully back loaded considering recent sky high cap increases. Brandon Williams is the coolest dude so whatever happens it's awesome he got paid.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

Him concussing Rodgers there won them the game. They had to kick a FG after that instead of punching it in for the go ahead touchdown.

Yeah I mean I don't really wish for injury on anyone but if you're going to abuse rules designed to keep players safe and put everyone at risk then that poo poo's on you.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

If the Panthers are getting the band back together the Bears will give John Fox back

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

I mean, the good Captain Munerlyn is still less than 30 and a decent slot corner, so I get why you might want to bring him in

I don't loving get bringing back peppers though

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Chargers violated rules in negotiations with Russell Okung, because agents can't talk to anyone until free agency opens and Okung is his own agent.

Lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

a neat cape posted:

Chargers violated rules in negotiations with Russell Okung, because agents can't talk to anyone until free agency opens and Okung is his own agent.

Lol

Goodbye draft picks

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

peppers doesn't even play with his hand in the ground anymore

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

a neat cape posted:

Lol

Officially or just speculation so far?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dion Sims is a bear

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/840017372576698369

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Officially or just speculation so far?

Speculation that will probably be appealed, but I hope they get nailed for it

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Speculation that will probably be appealed, but I hope they get nailed for it

SHUt up Charles Johnson

https://twitter.com/randywattson/status/840026555212525568

https://instagram.com/p/BRbn8H3ATJV/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
So...uhh 1000 new posts. I know a lot of it is probably the Brock trade, but is there a good place to see a summary of everything that went down today?

• Locked thread