Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

anthonypants posted:

the same could be said about google wearables, except android users get to find new and exciting ways to make excuses for things like "unfortunately, Time has stopped"

from what I see android stuff and even pebble is better to use, but what do I know, I never used a smart watch, but tech specs are not really the point, the whole marketing circus and whatever goes trough the minds of those that fell for it is what I think is interesting, seeing a 30+ year old man being a fanboy is probably one of the saddest sights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
i never see apple fanboys outside of this forum but i see google fanboys everywhere. i told someone at work i bought an iphone and he got real angry that i spent my money on something he didnt like.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I unfortunately stopped listening to this week in tech. I'm now wondering if I would be able to hear cristina's warren voice wobling a bit when talking about the apple watch

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

program666 posted:

I unfortunately stopped listening to this week in tech. I'm now wondering if I would be able to hear cristina's warren voice wobling a bit when talking about the apple watch
why would you listen to twit, you're not even going to get the chance to see leo laporte's dick

program666
Aug 22, 2013

that was an awful dick

program666
Aug 22, 2013

program666 posted:

that was an awful dick

like 3/10

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Korean Boomhauer posted:

i never see apple fanboys outside of this forum but i see google fanboys everywhere. i told someone at work i bought an iphone and he got real angry that i spent my money on something he didnt like.

it's almost as if the apple fanboy is mostly a strawman

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Korean Boomhauer posted:

just about everyone at my work is an apple user and i've only seen 1 person get hyped about new apple things

mostly we jsut use apple because "holy poo poo an os that isn't garbage? whoa. just whao"

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

anthonypants posted:

why would you listen to twit, you're not even going to get the chance to see leo laporte's dick

But we have seen him gently caress up a galaxy note

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
dude I work with is a huge Microsoft + google fanboy and he gets more hyped up and let down about apples keynotes than my apple using rear end

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
if there were gnome keynotes i would get hype as hell

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

speaking of wearables how about that microsoft band 2?

anyone?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
my nieghbor works at a nonprofit that teaches other nonprofits how to fundraise? ?? anyways she has a ms band. i saw it on her at a block party we had. i didnt ask... but.. i wanted to

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
ms puts a lot of poo poo on tech soup i bet thats where it came from

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
microsoft working on some secret military tech or something

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
as soon as someone invents a smart toering that becomes popular with hot sluts who wear flip flops, i will care about wearables

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
holy poo poo they built an anechoic chamber!!!!!!!!!!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

speaking of wearables how about that microsoft band 2?

anyone?

it looks pretty cool if u do sports and im sure apple will copy a lot of the sports/health related features for the iwatch 2.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

LOONCUP, a menstrual cup with a “securely embedded sensor that talks to your smartphone,” surpassed its $50,000 fundraising goal on Kickstarter this week.

LOONCUP is like other reusable silicone cups women can use during their periods, except this version comes equipped with a six-month battery and an antenna that connects to a smartphone app via Bluetooth.

The app sends you notifications that increase in frequency as the cup fills.

“It’s the world’s first smart menstruation cup, and you’ll love the way it tells you how full it is, and when it’s time to refresh,” the crowdfunding page reads.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Pinterest Mom posted:

LOONCUP, a menstrual cup with a “securely embedded sensor that talks to your smartphone,” surpassed its $50,000 fundraising goal on Kickstarter this week.

LOONCUP is like other reusable silicone cups women can use during their periods, except this version comes equipped with a six-month battery and an antenna that connects to a smartphone app via Bluetooth.

“It’s the world’s first smart menstruation cup, and you’ll love the way it tells you how full it is, and when it’s time to refresh,” the crowdfunding page reads.

the onion dot com

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
My dad preordered a 950 from the first place that would take his money.

I asked him why he was preordering from a site in the UK instead of just going to the microsoft store and buying one day 1 if hes so mad at his iPhone.

he was worried about the crowds :lol:

edit: oh my god he paid $100 more for it and its not going to get here any sooner what the gently caress is wrong with my dad

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Oct 9, 2015

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

eh, i've seen stupider things. i don't know enough about menstruation to really judge this.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

why is it called "the 950". Why not the 1000.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

also what is a 950 is that the one with video card cooling

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

program666 posted:

like 3/10"

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

THC posted:

why is it called "the 950". Why not the 1000.

they've waffled on how they do their number constantly, but 10xx was going to be used for their phones with pureview cameras with high megapixel counts - the 1020 was their only product in that line. They were also going to give a different prefix number for phablets but just settled with the xl moniker instead

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

A Yolo Wizard posted:

My dad preordered a 950 from the first place that would take his money.

I asked him why he was preordering from a site in the UK instead of just going to the microsoft store and buying one day 1 if hes so mad at his iPhone.

he was worried about the crowds :lol:

edit: oh my god he paid $100 more for it and its not going to get here any sooner what the gently caress is wrong with my dad

a bad dad

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

A Yolo Wizard posted:

they've waffled on how they do their number constantly, but 10xx was going to be used for their phones with pureview cameras with high megapixel counts - the 1020 was their only product in that line. They were also going to give a different prefix number for phablets but just settled with the xl moniker instead

why "the 1020". why not the 1000. should there not be a the 1000?

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

THC posted:

why "the 1020". why not the 1000. should there not be a the 1000?

the 1020 was a 920 with a big camera sensor on it

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ugh i hate nokia numbering

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Pinterest Mom posted:

ble antenna dangling out of ur hoo-ha

sounds like a fun time

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the thing is nobody bought or cares about any previous winpho handsets so it's not like it's going to cause customer confusion or tarnish their shining legacy of flushing nokia down a toilet

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

cool hallway

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Mr Dog posted:

ble antenna dangling out of ur hoo-ha

sounds like a fun time

for a second i thought you just kept it up there for six months without taking it out.

then when the battery beeps low, pull out like a half liter thing of rotten menses

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012

thought this looked funny, idunno

pram
Jun 10, 2001

anthonypants posted:

holy poo poo they built an anechoic chamber!!!!!!!!!!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

crusader_complex posted:

thought this looked funny, idunno

thats a very un-wonderful head, that

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Snapchat A Titty posted:

for a second i thought you just kept it up there for six months without taking it out.

then when the battery beeps low, pull out like a half liter thing of rotten menses

:barf:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I see they went for the "inspirational speech" ad multiplied by "creative class" and ended up with an iphone ad from 2 years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYn8Vh-xEA8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

good advert showing things that are only possible on a compromised two-in-one.

• Locked thread