Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I generally like the Celtics as a basketball team, but man if I don't want them to flame out of the playoffs early and then have the Nets pick drop to #4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/852333167646257153

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/852337628758376449

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I had to double check that Kevin Love never posted that in his Minnesota days. He was close one season but like 40 rebounds short of 1,000.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I was like, Shaq? But I guess his rookie year he averaged a mere 23.4 and 13.9, and he turned 22 in March of his second year so his 29.3 and 13.2 that year don't count lol

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

He was also off by almost 100 3s as well

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I'm surprised Shaq never had a goofy rear end 3 point shooting phase. Maybe if he'd played another two or three years.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Ungratek posted:

I was referring to the 25 and 10 (obviously?) which has nothing to do with 3s

And the 2000/1000/100 thing has nothing to do with age so idk what you're talking about.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Ungratek posted:

He may have been referring to the first tweet

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Eltoasto posted:

Pacers getting that ABC slot, Lavoy Allen is a draw.

If PG doesn't make an all-nba team after having the best year of his career and an amazing final 20 games, I will be very irate! Also Handsome Brad should win COY for getting that team to a 1 seed.

Got some bad news, I've heard three podcasters with votes at least say they're holding his first half of his season against him.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

chunkles posted:

I had to double check that Kevin Love never posted that in his Minnesota days. He was close one season but like 40 rebounds short of 1,000.

Also, in the game against OKC, Towns beat Love's record for points scored in a season by a Wolf.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Paul George probably doesn't deserve to make an All NBA team. I'd pretty comfortably all of these forwards ahead of him:

Lebron/Kawhi
Giannis/Durant
Butler/Draymond

Maybe you bump Durant because of injuries? Or force Draymond to the five? But even then you've got Hayward and Davis (if he's not a center) in the mix too

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.
First 40 win season for the Nuggets since their 2013 flameout. If a few balls had bounced differently through the season they'd probably be in the playoffs, too. I'll take it. Go enjoy your coke and burek, Jokic. You earned it, big feller.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Eltoasto posted:

Also, most importantly, every playoff game brings us closer to The Dunk King: Season 2

Everyone pick your horse now, but my boy Thaine has got this

I didn't know The Avatar Of Sophomore Theater Majors could dunk

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
JV hitting threes? Bruno looking like a competent NBA player with solid defense? League hosed. Bring on the Bucks and Cavs

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Memphis in 5. The Spurs are bad and frauds, they relied on a tremendous amount of luck and Kawhi Leonard, the MVP, carrying a squad worse than both OKC and Houston to their gaudy record. They will be exposed in the playoffs.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
If JV can start hitting threes at a decent Robin Lopez Clip that would change a lot.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

So Clippers or Jazz?

Death By The Blues posted:

Bring on the Bucks

famous last words

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Bruno already better then Demarre.

Also, Clippers. They are finding their stride again.

E: Kidd is going to outcoach Casey. But the Raptor bigs match up well with the Bucks.

Death By The Blues fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Apr 13, 2017

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Overall, I'm happy with the Lakers season. Earvin Johnson and Jeanie Buss's actions certainly are of an ill portent, and maybe this will be the year I look back upon as the dreadful year they took their first true steps down the dark Knicks road. But instead I think it may just end up being a case of them taking credit for whatever improvement the Lakers make next year that was really the work of Mitch Kupchak, or them flaming out so hard that Johnson quickly pulls the ripcord per usual as he disrupts the Lakers future yet again, as he so often has since Magic retired in the 90s and was replaced with a self-obsessed maniac who put the glorification of his ego ahead of the Lakers many times until being asked to quietly go away by the more competent Buss family members.

Either way, the young Lakers had their bright spots, played well in a lot of games (certainly more than they won) and everyone showed real progress and improvement by years-end. With some stability and another year I think the Lakers can take some nice strides next season, even if I think it might be yet another year until those strides translate into wins (especially if they're obligated to tank or nurse a young rookie).

Rick fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Apr 13, 2017

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Heat probably would've made the playoffs if it wasn't for Winslow's extraordinarily bad shooting to start the season.

Four losses where he shot 5 of 37.

Seven total losses where he shot 20 of 80.

G-Hawk posted:

Edit: lol apparently Harden missed Archibald's record by 1 point

edit2: Actually apparently espn may have it wrong and Harden broke Archibald's points+points created record? I dunno it was a good season

I believe Harden finished with 4,535.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
No but forreal this summer can't start fast enough. Who wants Meyers Leonard? We'll throw a 1st round pick in too.

I don't think I've ever tweeted directly at him, but I just saw that he's got me blocked. What a dumb baby.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Bulls in 6

Edit: But seriously if the Bulls win 3+ of these games I will never say a bad thing about Gar and/or Pax again

Dexo fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Apr 13, 2017

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

What's it like to be a role player that Blazers fans have given up on? I imagine it's like coming home and your mom tells you through a crack in the door that she's never loved you, and all your poo poo is just in a suitcase on the porch along with a ticket to China.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dexo posted:

Bulls in 6

Edit: But seriously if the Bulls win 3+ of these games I will never say a bad thing about Gar and/or Pax again

I hope the Bulls get swept for that disaster of a game the Nets handed to them. Heat getting in would have been so much more fun.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Bashez posted:

Memphis in 5. The Spurs are bad and frauds, they relied on a tremendous amount of luck and Kawhi Leonard, the MVP, carrying a squad worse than both OKC and Houston to their gaudy record. They will be exposed in the playoffs.

Parker falling off a cliff is fuckin killing us. I almost want Pop to make Manu the starting PG. If we could somehow combine Dedmon's defense and Pau's ability to pass and shoot to make 38 year old Duncan that would be pretty great.

(i haven't seen any games in SA's latest losing streak except the one against GS so this may not be the most up-to-date bitching)

e: i really hope they don't let dedmon walk and that manu comes back and takes a sweetheart deal again

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Apr 13, 2017

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Two Gasols walk in
One Gasol walks out
and it will be a SuperGasol

brotherhood is a beautiful thing, and I want that to be the theme of this series. Maybe the Third Gasol will be watching in the crowd somewhere.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://twitter.com/russwest44/status/453297635957690368

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
confirmed as pokemon

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Bashez posted:

As much as I don't want to see it, I know in my heart the declining, no-offense, won't-be-in-the-playoffs-next-year Grizzlies will be swept, then Pop will out-coach D'Antoni again. Whether or not they put up a fight against the Warriors is up in the air.

Siguy
Sep 15, 2010

10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0

Rick posted:

Overall, I'm happy with the Lakers season. Earvin Johnson and Jeanie Buss's actions certainly are of an ill portent, and maybe this will be the year I look back upon as the dreadful year they took their first true steps down the dark Knicks road. But instead I think it may just end up being a case of them taking credit for whatever improvement the Lakers make next year that was really the work of Mitch Kupchak, or them flaming out so hard that Johnson quickly pulls the ripcord per usual as he disrupts the Lakers future yet again, as he so often has since Magic retired in the 90s and was replaced with a self-obsessed maniac who put the glorification of his ego ahead of the Lakers many times until being asked to quietly go away by the more competent Buss family members.

Either way, the young Lakers had their bright spots, played well in a lot of games (certainly more than they won) and everyone showed real progress and improvement by years-end. With some stability and another year I think the Lakers can take some nice strides next season, even if I think it might be yet another year until those strides translate into wins (especially if they're obligated to tank or nurse a young rookie).

I agree with your assessment. Though the drama of the top-three draft pick is a huge sword dangling over everything. If they lose the pick, it may color the entire season as a failure in retrospect, even if that's not fair.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Lessail posted:

Celtics are going to win it all kill me now

lol

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Well I mean to a Raptors fan the second round is basically the championship.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Siguy posted:

I agree with your assessment. Though the drama of the top-three draft pick is a huge sword dangling over everything. If they lose the pick, it may color the entire season as a failure in retrospect, even if that's not fair.

I honestly think that part is okay either way. The Lakers are still a couple years minimum away from the playoffs even if everyone on this team keeps growing and doesn't backslide, and that's always a risky prediction about a team. So if they need to spend next year developing a rookie again, no big deal. If they miss the pick, then they can pretty much just do their best the whole way, probably win around 31 games, and next draft is probably going to be deep as well, and it's a big man draft which will help since at that point we should have a good idea finally if the Randle experiment is worth investing in going forward or not.

I'm just not worried about the 2019 pick because if the Lakers desperately need another pick in 2019, they're so hosed up that they might as well clear the deck anyway at that point.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

THe suns suck and I can't see any way they get any better for like 5 years :smith:

we aint never gonna be good again are we

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Do we want a new N/V thread for the playoffs, or are we gonna just keep chugging along? (Or have a new playoff thread while also keeping this thread for the teams that are no longer in the playoffs, because they lost too many games?)

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Ramadu posted:

THe suns suck and I can't see any way they get any better for like 5 years :smith:

we aint never gonna be good again are we

Yeah but Devin Booker scored 70 points that one time. If he can do that consistently you'll be fine.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

This encapsulates why I think Draymond is DPOY. Not only is he familiar with unique actions like this, he's adaptable enough to defend them. Gobert might stop a standard PNR dead in its tracks, but get lost when the going gets weird, and the playoffs are when coaches weird it all

Hand Knit posted:

Do we want a new N/V thread for the playoffs, or are we gonna just keep chugging along? (Or have a new playoff thread while also keeping this thread for the teams that are no longer in the playoffs, because they lost too many games?)

Go ahead. THE PLAYOFFS are what we've been waiting for for months

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I got a League Pass marketing survey and it was fun to rate it very low as often as possible, as it deserves.

Hand Knit posted:

Last year if I remember correctly we kept the main N/V going and it got most of the traffic and playoff related posts and predictions between games, and I made a "Gone Fishing" thread for fans of eliminated teams and the usual minimal news that happens to them, that didn't get a ton of traffic but people seemed to like posting in once their teams joined the others at sea.

Although just cuz we did that last year doesn't mean we have to do it the same way. Whatever works for people.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Very impressed with the Sixers tanking to end the year. They ended up with better odds at a top 3 pick than the lakers which is nice. And we got to see lots of young guys. TLC and Holmes are keepers. Dario needs to shoot better to be a core piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

euphronius posted:

Very impressed with the Sixers tanking to end the year. They ended up with better odds at a top 3 pick than the lakers which is nice. And we got to see lots of young guys. TLC and Holmes are keepers. Dario needs to shoot better to be a core piece.

Yeah I'm much more comfortable going forward because I think they have the rumblings of a very solid bench with TLC, Holmes, Dario, and McConnell

• Locked thread