Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Arnie making good on his word

https://mobile.twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/1310947647092555777

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

DangerZoneDelux posted:

I once had the displeasure of eating cheese dip (I refuse to call it queso) and Jesus Christ I didn't know how they could make something that's just melted cheese taste so bad

oh yeah the new sawdust queso is a no-go. i just want a plain barbacoa with rice, corn and sour cream, doused in green tabasco. no multigrain spinach tortilla

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

what is the buff guy endorsement ratio at now

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

i say swears online posted:

aight i'll say it: chipotle is way better than freebird's

Like all fast food, this is heavily dependent on your location, and with these examples, the individual you get making your burrito. The nearest Freebird's to me is pretty great while the two nearest Chipotles are utter garbage. My ex preferred Chipotle and even she conceded these two sucked and would take Freebird's over them.

I'm sorta glad that was posted, I've been wanting Freebird's lately. Now I have an excuse to go!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I think we can all agree that Bullritos sucks rear end

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum

zoux posted:

Today's the SD 30 special and goddamn I can't believe I have to root for Drew Springer

Why not Jacob Minter?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Because Jacob Minter is not going to win. I'd be surprised if he got double digits in that district tbh

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

aight i'll say it: chipotle is way better than freebird's

Wrong, however,

Texas has a strong taco game, but California beats us on burritos. Unfortunate, but true.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I was gonna say “california doesn’t even beat us on beaches” but gently caress it, I cannot summon that level of kayfabe.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

what is the buff guy endorsement ratio at now

I assume he hasn't endorsed Biden or else the state would have passed an emergency law prohibiting counties from accepting election assistance funds from Austrian immigrants

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

I assume he hasn't endorsed Biden or else the state would have passed an emergency law prohibiting counties from accepting election assistance funds from Austrian immigrants

You admit the Democrats are funded by Hitler then!?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Does it count as immigration if you annex your homeland?

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Are we really just going to talk like chipotle isn't bland garbage for midwesterners with a side of soggy chips? Really?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I never understood how people could like chipotle if they are crappy enough to give people the shits constantly

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Manager Hoyden posted:

Are we really just going to talk like chipotle isn't bland garbage for midwesterners with a side of soggy chips? Really?

I agree with this and stand by my statement

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

I never understood how people could like chipotle if they are crappy enough to give people the shits constantly

Iocane powder dot mp4

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/PatrickSvitek/status/1311008789798285313

Hmmm dems need to nominate Whataburger for governor in 22 imo

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

zoux posted:

how do 27% of texans not know who jerry jones is

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Lieutenant Governor HEB wields the real power

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
Austin's got Super Burrito so we don't have much of a horse in this race but I agree with the sentiment that Freebirds is kinda crap and Chipotle is marginally better. Although even Taco Azteca or whatever up in Fairbanks has Freebirds beat.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Badger of Basra posted:

I just want to know who the 1% is that doesn't know whataburger

or how a higher proportion of people have heard of HEB than queso (as disgusting as pure cheese is)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

I like how hes the only thing in the list under water

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Now gentlemen, for this debate we will start out with the issue of nuclear weapons proliferation, then we'll move on to your general opinion of cheese, followed by "healthcare in crisis" and, to close, a Q&A session from the audience 'bout them 'Boys.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Mister President several members of the public have accused you of enjoying sour cream and black olives on ostensibly mexican food. How do you respond?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
It's me. I'm the guy who had no clue who Jerry Jones was. I guessed he was the coach for the Cowboys based on what you guys said and I was close after looking it up. Also gently caress the Cowboys who cares about them.

And for the final caliente take, Freebirds is the best of that style burrito.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

My guess was that he had something to do with Jones soda.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Hilarious that the two hockey dudes topped the "who the gently caress is that" list.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

jerry jones is one of those people who's been in texas monthly every month for the past 30 years

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

If you were living in Texas any time in the 90s and don’t know who Jerry Jones is, :psyduck:. I have to assume those 27% are zoomers or out of state yankee transplants. Some of my earliest memories were of Jones firing Tom Landry and everyone being super pissed at how shittily Jerry Jones handled it

biceps crimes fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Sep 29, 2020

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

jerry jones is one of those people who's been in texas monthly every month for the past 30 years

And the runner up for the years biggest Bum Steer goes to

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

zoux posted:

Four people found queso unfavorable

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

queso (as disgusting as pure cheese is)

RisqueBarber posted:

Four people found queso unfavorable

also 4%

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's not pure cheese, it's pure cheese and a can of rotel

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

zoux posted:

HEB with only a 2 unfavorable, lack of DFW presence is hurting overall score.

Want to see the Bucees results though.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

zoux posted:

It's not pure cheese, it's pure cheese and a can of rotel

If I'm going to eat fake cheese Rico's Gourmet Nacho cheese is my jam. Velveeta is the worst

DangerZoneDelux fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Sep 29, 2020

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
What, you mix rotel with Velveeta for queso. Wait, is that considered pure cheese?

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

"Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product," as of 2002. It's cheese plus milk protein plus milk, IIRC - not enough actual cheese for the FDA to let it be sold as cheese, but enough that it can use the word cheese.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

As long as the chips are Julio's, the cheese is kinda secondary.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

how chody of him

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Plek posted:

What, you mix rotel with Velveeta for queso. Wait, is that considered pure cheese?

Eh, Rotel + Velveeta is the lazy version. It's not terrible, but I wouldn't call it good either - however it is incredibly easy to make, which is sometimes all that matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Shooting Blanks posted:

Eh, Rotel + Velveeta is the lazy version. It's not terrible, but I wouldn't call it good either - however it is incredibly easy to make, which is sometimes all that matters.

that's where you're wrong friend