Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

If Solo Self Found is going to be a standard feature going forward, then Visions Of Enmity also needs to be permanent. Since SSF means No Teaming, that means No Split Bounties. Farming Bounties solo for materials is the worst. Only having to farm for a RORG or Gloves Of Worship is SO much better.

Also, with the removal of Master A Set Dungeon from the Season Journey, Monk now has the Easiest Set Dungeon: Monkey King's Garb.

Get 5 parts and a RORG (or hell, all 6 parts), throw on a Kyroshiro's Soul, enter the Set Dungeon, activate Sweeping Wind, and win. As long as you kill 325 enemies, you'll complete the Set Dungeon. No need to worry about Mastering it.

bamhand posted:

Seems like the rabid strike clones get buffed by the boots and bindings according to Mind over Matter's description.

Oh. Interesting. I never would have thought they'd interact like that. This is why I'm not a Diablo Nerd.

Thanks, all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
solo self found update

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Jeezy creezy.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
As someone still struggling to even get my set up and running in this altar-less world, both grats and I curse your luck.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Lid posted:

solo self found update

that's seriously sexy like NSFW that

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

bamhand posted:

Jeezy creezy.

That’s a two beezy, easy

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Lid posted:

solo self found update

Wow, that is a hell of a roll.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

JFC invoker has to be the worst and most boring set in the game. I'm about to take a step back in damage for a lod build since I can't stand this set. The damage reduction is on a huge cool down, and it's just using primary attack. How is this different from the sweep attack build? I doubt they'll rework anything like that (sets or items) at this point but man, that was unbelievably bad.

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal
On Switch, there is a Solo Seasonal character option. Is that the same as Solo Self Found? And also, what's the origin of the odd phrase "solo self found"?

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Lid posted:

solo self found update

:stare:

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Lid posted:

solo self found update

Don't sell that! The vendor is definitely lowballing you for it.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Suburban Dad posted:

JFC invoker has to be the worst and most boring set in the game. I'm about to take a step back in damage for a lod build since I can't stand this set. The damage reduction is on a huge cool down, and it's just using primary attack. How is this different from the sweep attack build? I doubt they'll rework anything like that (sets or items) at this point but man, that was unbelievably bad.

You need the autocast bombardment belt.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Zarlog posted:

On Switch, there is a Solo Seasonal character option. Is that the same as Solo Self Found? And also, what's the origin of the odd phrase "solo self found"?

Yes, solo seasonal. I think the earliest for SSF would be Diablo 2, since it was designed with rarities that required trading. In D3 its inclusion, especially in the same patch as the paragon cap and avoidable bounties, is a little redundant but people wanted it so meh.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Suburban Dad posted:

Invokers a fun play style once you get the cdr and pieces. Just ride around watching barrels explode on your enemies.

It's hot garbage before that.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Getting to the conquests and ugh... are the conquests shared on normal/SSF? It'd make the GR55 with six sets a bit less horrible.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Can't confirm but would assume not since the gift set is separate on ssf. So the whole journey would be reset. Level a gem of ease and an alt and get one set together for gr55. Use your blood shards from your main to gamble the armor stuff for the alt once they're 70. Not too terrible but still tedious.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Bleargh, ok. Thanks, guess I'm doing it the long way. At least I get to play around with the GoD build.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah, Nomal Seasonal and Solo Self Found track everything separately.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Well that was a whole lot of RNG (I swear GoD is the rarest set by a lot) but it's all done.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

I can't believe set dungeons are still a thing in this game.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I've gotten not one but two Natalya's Slayer, along with some useless poo poo, as my only Primal drops this season.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I figured I’d roll Necro for the first time in a while since it’s like half the S-Tier build list, and hoo dilly are all the non-Corpse Explosion builds boring. At this point I’m just gonna grind out GR90’s to level my gems for a LoD Monk, because at least that’s got fun sound effects.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

I figured I’d roll Necro for the first time in a while since it’s like half the S-Tier build list, and hoo dilly are all the non-Corpse Explosion builds boring. At this point I’m just gonna grind out GR90’s to level my gems for a LoD Monk, because at least that’s got fun sound effects.

Really, I enjoyed Masq. Bone Spears last time I played Necro.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I've still never bought it because $15 for one class seems bad, and I just don't like encouraging that style of monetization.

Steam sales have really changed what gaming content I see that $15 can buy, heh.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

xZAOx posted:

I've still never bought it because $15 for one class seems bad, and I just don't like encouraging that style of monetization.

Steam sales have really changed what gaming content I see that $15 can buy, heh.

I don't even remember buying the class separately, maybe there was a bundle?

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Yeah, I’m a console fella and got the complete edition for like $12 on a Black Friday years ago.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

xZAOx posted:

They just had a sale, too. A sale on DLC for a game where the sequel is already out. It was still like $10.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Yeah, if you'd never bought anything before they've had some bundles that are a good deal. But there's never any "good enough for me" sale on just necro. I've only seen it 10 a few times, and meh.

How do people like this season? Interesting enough to do? I've done several challenge sessions throughout the years, and the last one was a real great high note to end on. But I'm also basically done with poe this league.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
The portals really aren't unique enough to hold the season up on their own, so play it if you like D3 but you can easily pass if there's more interesting things on your plate.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I just ran through it because I wanted some D3. But with few new interesting builds and missing the altar I'm done for now. I really miss Ethereal weapons and the helm-specific gems too.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

xZAOx posted:

How do people like this season? Interesting enough to do? I've done several challenge sessions throughout the years, and the last one was a real great high note to end on. But I'm also basically done with poe this league.

I enjoyed it. I tend to play solo anyway, so SSF wasn't really any different for me, with the exception of not being able to get a power level to 70.

The Portals are great once you hit 70 and gear up, especially if you throw the Double DB Drops Cain's Set on your follower. You'll be drowning in DBs and Bounty Materials, and that's extremely important when you can't team.

If they would have removed Pets Salvage Non-Legendary Items from the Altar and just made it a standard feature, the Portals would be perfect. Especially when you get a level that's all Goblins.

Beyond that, though, it's just a standard D3 Season.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

I enjoyed it. I tend to play solo anyway, so SSF wasn't really any different for me, with the exception of not being able to get a power level to 70.

The Portals are great once you hit 70 and gear up, especially if you throw the Double DB Drops Cain's Set on your follower. You'll be drowning in DBs and Bounty Materials, and that's extremely important when you can't team.

If they would have removed Pets Salvage Non-Legendary Items from the Altar and just made it a standard feature, the Portals would be perfect. Especially when you get a level that's all Goblins.

Beyond that, though, it's just a standard D3 Season.

That was my experience. The portals are too hard before 70 IMO and trivial once you get your 6 piece. It was still fun but the altar was the goat. Looking forward to it being permanent and recycling season themes on top of it and playing that for the next 10 years...for a week each season.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I recommend trying out the newly buffed angry chicken. It's so satisfying.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
I enjoy the portals so much that I even leveled up a witch doctor. Hope it remains a feature so I don't have to do regular rifts anymore ever again

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

Jusupov posted:

I enjoy the portals so much that I even leveled up a witch doctor. Hope it remains a feature so I don't have to do regular rifts anymore ever again

this but bounties, especially for ssf

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

I kinda hope they at least have one guy sticking around to dork with the sets. Having it locked in as Necro/Monk/Wizard for life would be kinda sad. Even if features are just randomly recycled each season it'd be great to have some wacky stuff since no one at Blizzard is watching.

Apparently Last Epoch is getting some sort of SSF feature for target farming and that sounded cool but one look at it and I realized there's a Last Epoch/PoE type of person and a Diablo type of person and I'm definitely the latter.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I'll pay last epoch when it releases. It isn't as complicated as PoE is it? Hopefully something in between, that wouldn't bother me. I have no desire to play PoE again but I'll probably try 2 when it comes out.

atomicvocabulary
Oct 21, 2002

Say hello to the sunrise for me...

Boatswain posted:

I just ran through it because I wanted some D3. But with few new interesting builds and missing the altar I'm done for now. I really miss Ethereal weapons and the helm-specific gems too.

I miss those seasons too, but they say they are cycling through them. If the alter sticks around to base game AND those crazy weapons on a season some time....it will be chaos. Looking forward to it.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Suburban Dad posted:

I'll pay last epoch when it releases. It isn't as complicated as PoE is it? Hopefully something in between, that wouldn't bother me. I have no desire to play PoE again but I'll probably try 2 when it comes out.

Yes, LE's a lot simpler then PoE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Suburban Dad posted:

LE is a great middle ground between D3 and PoE.

PoE it's very hard to make a build yourself without a PhD and accomplish anything notable.

LE and D3 both let you play around and try to make your own build and at least make decent progress, even as someone new to its systems.

Although lets be real, I'm following a guide for all 3, and every other ARPG, and MMORPG, and *rpg ever made anyways. The difference is even in PoE, the guides are complex, and it's easy to miss crucial parts that will make a build feel like absolute trash.