Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
That tweet where he appears to be talking about himself in third person... You don't think that all this time he's been assuming the accusation was the Russians colluding with Trump (the brand) and not Trump (the person). Like he's all, "Comey's got to go, my company doesn't buy steaks from Russia, they get them from that meth dealer in Alabama."

Like, is he even aware that this is about potential treason and not conflict-of-interest bullshit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

ElGroucho posted:

The founding fathers really hosed up by not assuming one day a totally moron would be president.

Actually they sort of did. The electoral college was, in part, supposed to prevent this by having educated, well-informed electors who wouldn't fall for a conman who fooled all the rubes.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
even beyond how funny this administration is (and boy is it hilarious).... do we all appreciate how loving crazy this poo poo is? the entirety of the White House is now probably the single biggest what-the-gently caress in U.S politics in a very, very long time.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mackers posted:

Trump's hosting Erdogan in the White House on Tuesday too

Gonna be plenty of lols seeing as Poopy 2 Scoopy wants to donate loads of guns and bombs to his Kurdish pals :cheerdoge:

Trump is bigly in the Mideast. Jared covers this.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

TheBizzness posted:

Donald dJango Turnip brought up the loving electoral college victory again in the Lester Holt interview. HMBOL.

The real consequences of his Russian Collusion haven't even crossed his mind. He didn't fire Comey because he was afraid his colleagues could end up in jail. He just doesn't want an * next to his VICTORY!

Velvet Elvis
Jul 1, 2007

AMONG the bushes.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Tumble posted:

even beyond how funny this administration is (and boy is it hilarious).... do we all appreciate how loving crazy this poo poo is? the entirety of the White House is now probably the single biggest what-the-gently caress in U.S politics in a very, very long time.

Yeah like sure crazy poo poo has happened with the presidency before but this is like some Roman Nero level batshit insane. And it has never stopped being utterly bizarre checking the news and reading the words "US President Donald Trump..."

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Trump is apparently asking public officials to swear loyalty to him and not, you know, the constitution. Comey says that his refusal to do so played a big role in his firing.

https://twitter.com/nytmike/status/862826340944416768

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

That's a lol

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Tumble posted:

The next ten presidents could have open sex on the oval office table with interns, and no one will give a gently caress because its better than being Trump.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Here's a hmbol: North Carolina denied help by Trump administration to pay for damage caused by Hurricane Matthew

http://wric.com/2017/05/11/99-percent-of-hurricane-matthew-aid-requested-by-nc-denied-by-trump-administration/

Wonder if they're tired of winning yet

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

I Was The Fury posted:

Well yeah, everyone said he wouldn't get to 270, that it was impossible to get to 270. And he got 304. That's 306 electoral votes, nobody said he could do it but he did it. 308 electoral votes, and that's even with over 3 million illegal immigrants voting for Hillary. If Hillary had gotten 310 electoral votes like I did people would write lots of stories about it but nobody is writing stories about my 312 electoral votes. Nobody is writing stories about the 6 million illegal voters that voted for Crooked Hillary.

E: thirty five

:same:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I think at a certain point Nixon must have said to himself, "That's it. I'm hosed."

I don't know if it's possible for Donald Trump to ever come to a realization like that. He's more of an "Impeach me? I'll sue everybody!" kind of guy.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

NotWearingPants posted:

I think at a certain point Nixon must have said to himself, "That's it. I'm hosed."

I don't know if it's possible for Donald Trump to ever come to a realization like that. He's more of an "Impeach me? I'll sue everybody!" kind of guy.

If it ever happens they're going to have to tell him that congress wants to give him a present and he has to get into the limo right now to go get it. And then they drop him off on the interstate and peel off. Otherwise he'll just lock all the doors to the oval office and say no you're impeached.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Krinkle posted:

If it ever happens they're going to have to tell him that congress wants to give him a present and he has to get into the limo right now to go get it. And then they drop him off on the interstate and peel off. Otherwise he'll just lock all the doors to the oval office and say no you're impeached.

"Mr President, we've found bigly evidence of voter fraud, you need to come with us right now to see it. Yes, it's just here, right in this jail cell. Yes, sir, it's in there, I'm sure, maybe get a little closer so you can see it...Yeah, all the way into the cell, sir. Bigly evidence, we couldn't believe it when we found it."

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
What do you guys think happened to the old lovely phone trump used to use, once they convinced him to switch to a secure one?

Is it in an FBI evidence locker somewhere?

Lol, "here sir, put your old yucky phone into this trash can, it's magic and will delete all your phones digital and make sure no one can ever access anything on it, for security purposes"

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

happyhippy posted:

The next ten presidents could have open sex on the oval office table with interns, and no one will give a gently caress because its better than being Trump.

lol if you don't think that by the end of all this the standards won't have reset back to 1776.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

https://twitter.com/alanblinder/status/862869472679411712

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

What do you guys think happened to the old lovely phone trump used to use, once they convinced him to switch to a secure one?

Is it in an FBI evidence locker somewhere?

Lol, "here sir, put your old yucky phone into this trash can, it's magic and will delete all your phones digital and make sure no one can ever access anything on it, for security purposes"

Nah dude, he prob'ly has it on a pedestal like all his other self-memorabilia and tacky poo poo.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Bacon Taco posted:

The only thing in my experience that comes close to this lolwreck was the governorship of Evan Mecham in Arizona when I was in college. If that man had access to Twitter he might have used it to stop the lasers from shooting at the windows in the governor's mansion and keep them from reading his mind. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evan_Mecham

I fear that the records of lols from that era have become sketchy at best.

I brought him up in the "Is cotton pickin a racist term" topic. That guy was lucky they didn't have Twitter or Facebook back then. "You don't understand, it's a local joke, nobody down at the dealership seems to mind".

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/05/10/poll-trump-idiot-buffoon-bigot-narcissist-unqualified-stupid-crazy-disaster/22080411/

lol

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

"Some respondents simply said "trying" came to mind."

That's a lol

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
I would say "winning" but more of a Charlie Sheen drinking tiger blood in a palm tree kind of way.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
So much has gone down in such a short timeframe, have we covered rosenstein yet? One of the original stories the WH put out was that he had drafted a justification to get rid of comey out of nowhere and handed it to the pres, who immediately agreed and fired comey. Turns out he did not in fact do the thing, and is considering resigning because he's being blamed for this poo poo lol

Guess that's why he went to interrupt the Senate hearings today

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Donnie 2 Scoopz Nopes the gently caress Out of FBI Visit

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

ElGroucho posted:

The founding fathers really hosed up by not assuming one day a totally moron would be president.

Actually, the electoral college was supposed to prevent that, but the states started subverting the intent of the EC almost out of the gate.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Bacon Taco posted:

Actually, the electoral college was supposed to prevent that, but the states started subverting the intent of the EC almost out of the gate.

btw do you know how hard it is for a republican to win the electoral college, they said it couldn't be done

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I do like that Trump insists that the electoral college is rigged because certain (really populous) states are entrenched for democrats, gleefully ignoring that the same is true for a whole lot of republican states. It is even dumber considering part of his victory involved some states considered sure things for the Ds flipping to him

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

So much has gone down in such a short timeframe, have we covered rosenstein yet? One of the original stories the WH put out was that he had drafted a justification to get rid of comey out of nowhere and handed it to the pres, who immediately agreed and fired comey. Turns out he did not in fact do the thing, and is considering resigning because he's being blamed for this poo poo lol

Guess that's why he went to interrupt the Senate hearings today

Jesus that senate hearing was today? The lols are coming faster than I can handle.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

turn off the TV posted:

Jesus that senate hearing was today? The lols are coming faster than I can handle.

Usually I check the thread frequently enough that it's like 75-100ish new posts

Two days ago it was 250, today it was 450

When I saw the unread post count today I laughingly lol'd out loud and said "gently caress yeah" loud enough that my wife heard me from the other room

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

https://twitter.com/xmasape/status/862785315475476481

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

loving lol

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

hmbol

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

drat!!!

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Re: the ice scoops thing, there is actually a precedent (set by Nixon, naturally)

https://twitter.com/madamjujujive/status/862797011157954561

Shame that easy d doesn't drink, or he would sure as gently caress pull the same poo poo

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Bacon Taco posted:

Actually, the electoral college was supposed to prevent that

Oh shut the gently caress up about the electoral college.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
*knock knock*

trump: whos there

fbi, bitch

*trump lurches over the resolute desk, scattering mcdonalds wrappers and coke cans. the saber dance begins playing as he runs around the oval office hiding matryoshka dolls in piles of rubles*