Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Where are you guys even seeing this poo poo, I can't find a post about maintenance when I click forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Stormgale posted:

I personally blame Lemonking.
Hmm, I would say that it is Girthok.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

glug posted:

Where are you guys even seeing this poo poo, I can't find a post about maintenance when I click forums.
Large red letters in launcher.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Have the pubbies started screaming about "compensation" because their skinner box is offline for another 2 hours yet?

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Mar 3, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

DancingShade posted:

Have the pubbies started screaming about "compensation" because their skinner box is offline for another 2 hours yet?
https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/48rtn9/maintenance_extension_1600_utc/

Not yet, but they are close.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

kalstrams posted:

Large red letters in launcher.

Well poo poo. Yeah. Um.. so how do I get to the something awful forums?

DancingShade posted:

They're hollerin' about the front rent and will be lucky to get any of the back rent.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

glug posted:

Well poo poo. Yeah. Um.. so how do I get to the something awful forums?
:how:

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...
So I tried to purchase the Traveler's Package edition and it's like the game is trying to warn me to stay away by giving internal errors when I try to check out.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Grausherra posted:

So I tried to purchase the Traveler's Package edition and it's like the game is trying to warn me to stay away by giving internal errors when I try to check out.

Everything is in maintenance right now.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Grausherra posted:

:laffo:

Bored Grunt
Nov 8, 2009

It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain

Grausherra posted:

So I tried to purchase the Traveler's Package edition and it's like the game is trying to warn me to stay

It's doing you a favor.. this game is hilarious/fun/terrible all at once. I regret buying it on account of how much time I've wasted doing repetitive poo poo for hours on end and having fun doing so.

Hopefully Daum doesn't deviate from standard protocol and runs the game into the ground in a few weeks/month.. otherwise some of us are going to be in trouble with this one.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
People have said that you get more login rewards for having more alts. Is anybody else not getting any login rewards? Even on my main, I only ever received my Loyalties on my first day, and now the "Play every day" task stays greyed out on my Task tab...

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Grausherra posted:

Aside from maintenance, their website doesn't like Google Chrome. I had to use Internet Explorer.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

DancingShade posted:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Manifest Dynasty posted:

People have said that you get more login rewards for having more alts. Is anybody else not getting any login rewards? Even on my main, I only ever received my Loyalties on my first day, and now the "Play every day" task stays greyed out on my Task tab...
You collect reward once per day per account, not character, through reward button in bottom-right corner of the screen.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jackard posted:

Aside from maintenance, their website doesn't like Google Chrome. I had to use Internet Explorer.
Sounds like your Chrome is fully of poo poo, mine works flawlessly.

warcraft_boyfriend_99
Aug 12, 2007

by Pragmatica
so should i just fill up my character slots right from the start then?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

xechostormx posted:

so should i just fill up my character slots right from the start then?
You will want alts for energy sooner rather than later, but not necessarily from the start.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Stormgale posted:

I personally blame Lemonking.

kalstrams posted:

Hmm, I would say that it is Girthok.

:same:

So, last night me Vrath and Hor (I forget your SA names :shobon: ). Were out exploring 30->45 ish content for grinding. With just 3 of us grinding out mobs the XP rate was pretty decent. Once you get 5 people into a group though holy poo poo is it ever a force/time multiplier. I think my "alt" might be a Valk or a Warrior because they can pull and group mobs so very nicely. Highlights of the night were:

Hey guys, boss mob over there, don't attack it it just killed me. 3 minutes later someone pulls it and it AOE wipes the part :derp:

Hey this orc automaton is flashing red I wonder wha......*BOOOM* dead.. :gibs:

Hey guys, swift boss mob here, let's kill it. *Dies* Swift boss mobs are not to be hosed with.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
One thing they do that is very annoying is that their login page runs a javascript script that prevents you from pasting your password from the clipboard. Which is dumb as poo poo. So if you run into this, just disable javascript on the login page.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

This may be a weird question, but I'm honestly not having any luck with it on the official site or through Google, so maybe someone here knows something.

I got a code for this game, which I'm supposed to redeem on the website somewhere. Only I can't find any place to redeem any kinds of codes anywhere. The only references to anything like this on Google are to old beta codes, which naturally wouldn't even work anymore.

Does anyone have any idea how to actually redeem codes?

Bede
Jun 2, 2006

I wasn't even around for the goblin baby vote
Patch is up. 1.3 GB

warcraft_boyfriend_99
Aug 12, 2007

by Pragmatica
2nd patch is now up 166mb

Agreeable Badger
Aug 8, 2008
extended by another hour apparently.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

COMPENSATION!!!!

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

doing a charge back.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I'm doin' a chargeback!
Been waitin' for years
I'm postin' with peers
Puttin' GMs in fear
Makin' the tears rain down like a monsoon
Listen to the posts go boom
Explosions, legal threatenin'
Over some compensation I'm frettin'
Wrecking moms fridge while I write these posts
That'll make you ban my account

Dear players:

LOGOUT.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Oh that patch client looks weird. Like something birthed by ANet. In the korean version you used to boot the game from their web page, through a hook that would start up your client in your computer.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Zarcnest posted:

doing a charge back.

calling the police on you

expect a blackhawk crashing on you any minute now

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Oh that patch client looks weird. Like something birthed by ANet. In the korean version you used to boot the game from their web page, through a hook that would start up your client in your computer.

Yeah I keep thinking that my monitor is dirty, then i realise it is just the weird dirty white the use on the client.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Can you make a comparison to Blade & Soul with how the combat works? I wasn't a big fan of that, but the theme/world looks better in BDO.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Harlock posted:

Can you make a comparison to Blade & Soul with how the combat works? I wasn't a big fan of that, but the theme/world looks better in BDO.

Way, way loving better. Combat is much more fluid.

Pigbottom posted:

Yeah I keep thinking that my monitor is dirty, then i realise it is just the weird dirty white the use on the client.

That stupid texture is driving me crazy :q:

Stanley Pain fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Mar 3, 2016

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

How am I supposed to get the 5000 hours played achievement when I can't log in to AFK?

[Sighs heavily and plays Stardew Valley]

warcraft_boyfriend_99
Aug 12, 2007

by Pragmatica
a 3rd patch of 100mb now

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Harlock posted:

The combat in BDO is a little more hectic and beat em up than B&S. The directions you press as you use one of your keybinds will influence how an attack behaves. The vast majority of your attacks dont even use the typical 1-0 binds, instead a combination of directions, charges, things like mouse clicks e and shift.

Both combats feel good. BDOs feel like its more free thanks to the input system, I still think B&S combat and classes have more depth though.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I'd say BDO has a lot more positional Depth, like with spacing dashes etc but yeah the actual classes arent super complex

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The combat in BDO is a little more hectic and beat em up than B&S. The directions you press as you use one of your keybinds will influence how an attack behaves. The vast majority of your attacks dont even use the typical 1-0 binds, instead a combination of directions, charges, things like mouse clicks e and shift.

Both combats feel good. BDOs feel like its more free thanks to the input system, I still think B&S combat and classes have more depth though.
Someone actually went back to Age of Conan and adapted directional attacks? My word.

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

ITS UP! DIVE DIVE DIVE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I would like to say that like many goons, I am hopelessly addicted to this game, and am very happy with just how much depth is in BDO and the amount of things you can do. I haven't even really left the starting "area" of Velia yet and still have bunches to do, yet somehow feel very satisfied in that.

I'm also happy to see everyone working together and helping each other so much, I would seriously be lost right now without the advice of my fellow MMO spergs. :wooper: