Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

rocketrobot posted:

Usually there's peripheral support. If using the google daydream (don't bother) it comes with a little remote that can tell where you're pointing. It would actually be a good interface for 3D Toilet EVE. But then my wife is going to want to know why my shits are taking 3 hours and why the gently caress are all these power adapters in the bathroom now.

Mount some monitors in there and get a swing out keyboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

So in just :netease: things, I was dual boxing a mission and had my alt lock my main so I could use a remote cap booster. This apparently gives you the crimer. New wave spawns on me even though I'm like 60 km from the spawn point and I warp to gate cause that's the closest thing I'm aligned to, not noticing the crimer. Gate popped~

JCFalkenberg
Jul 7, 2008

Hello Sailor posted:

Bubbles and scanning aren't in the game yet, so you should be perfectly safe scooting around nullsec (security status -1.0 to 0.0) in a frigate. In lowsec (0.1 to 0.4) your only risk is when you're not at a gate, station, or encounter. And in highsec (0.5 to 1.0), you can't be PvP'd at all.

Cruisers are when you start running into longer waits before warp kicks in, putting you at risk in nullsec of being caught by gate and station campers.

This is mostly true, but there are some low-sec areas without gate guns:

not a huge risk, but something to be aware of.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
STAR CANNON sounds way cooler than sentries

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

OniPanda posted:

So in just :netease: things, I was dual boxing a mission and had my alt lock my main so I could use a remote cap booster. This apparently gives you the crimer. New wave spawns on me even though I'm like 60 km from the spawn point and I warp to gate cause that's the closest thing I'm aligned to, not noticing the crimer. Gate popped~

always warp to a celestial! Figure out after you are out of panic mode if you have a crim timer or what have you. Like while in warp

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
panic warp to the base and get instantly scrammed imo

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

pixaal posted:

always warp to a celestial! Figure out after you are out of panic mode if you have a crim timer or what have you. Like while in warp

Yeah yeah. I know, but I'm dumb so

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

I've panic warped to 0 to other belts wayyy too many times

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

rocketrobot posted:

Usually there's peripheral support. If using the google daydream (don't bother) it comes with a little remote that can tell where you're pointing. It would actually be a good interface for 3D Toilet EVE. But then my wife is going to want to know why my shits are taking 3 hours and why the gently caress are all these power adapters in the bathroom now.

Daydream was actually cool as hell and I'm sad that google no longer supports it.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Mjolnerd posted:

[Any given Google product] was actually cool as hell and I'm sad that google no longer supports it.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Everybody: wow we like this product
Google: drops product in trash

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Syenite posted:

Everybody: wow we like this product
Google: drops product in trash

Stadia is next now that I just started using it

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Go RV! posted:

Mjolnerd posted:
[Any given Google product] was actually cool as hell and I'm sad that google no longer supports it.

Sorry buddy, this ain't true. Google Wave was the dumbest poo poo ever

DRWN
Aug 29, 2020

Rynder posted:

Assuming people are abusing (or not, depending on the devs intent) the ship replacement system, is it fair to say it's messing with the market? So if person A loses their 3 bil faction battlecruiser and it's immediately replaced, that's 3 bil worth of materials that doesn't move through the market to replace the ship.

It is but it’s not. The srp is limited to once a week, only the hull and no pvp. So to abuse it, you will have to be ratting or missioning in safe space with a naked battleship once a week. Sounds pretty lame tbh.

imPerpetual
Apr 14, 2007
The virtual energizer bunny.

JCFalkenberg posted:

This is mostly true, but there are some low-sec areas without gate guns:

not a huge risk, but something to be aware of.

Frigates yes, Cruisers definitely no, but even Destroyers I've been having problems in. Seems like there's some math that we don't know about.

Got popped twice while auto-ing in CoNIs from gate camps. Both were gates I was coming out of though not going into. So seems to be something with Cloak as well.

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

Munkeylord posted:

I posted about it like 12 seconds ago. Empty quotes are a cardinal sin. Stop doing that. If you do.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

FYI vegetarian/vegan options will be available for Friday's BBQ.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Greetings from space!

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Oct 8, 2020

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009
To redeem my emptyquote, put this in the thread title pipeline:

pixaal posted:

Plugging in 7 USB cables to poop brb

If I ever get another phone I’ll take a photo of my ridiculous Mobile Eve and Discord getup.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Pantomime Horse posted:

To redeem my emptyquote, put this in the thread title pipeline:

If I ever get another phone I’ll take a photo of my ridiculous Mobile Eve and Discord getup.

I've got my setup on a tea tray that I carry around the house, two phones, tablet and a couple of power packs with cables. Half the plug sockets in my house have chargers so I can strategically place my tray near the closest outlet while doing whatever chore.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

I need to see pics of these set ups.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
C'mon, is not a goon's ivory throne his last place of privacy in this cruel, cruel world?

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Slaan posted:

C'mon, is not a goon's ivory throne his last place of privacy in this cruel, cruel world?

Nah let's see those shitters.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

MadMadi posted:

Gonna need a new NSFW channel in Discord.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

post the toilet beatmstrj

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I know null/low with Corp will be better, but while afk doing these 250k pyrox mining missions in high sec is pretty easy if you can actually find a pyrox asteroid. Even better is one asteroid can get you enough for 2-3 of those missions.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Kaysette posted:

post it in the furry cock channel

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

MadMadi posted:

homegrown is bannable on the forums since dpph

imPerpetual
Apr 14, 2007
The virtual energizer bunny.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I know null/low with Corp will be better, but while afk doing these 250k pyrox mining missions in high sec is pretty easy if you can actually find a pyrox asteroid. Even better is one asteroid can get you enough for 2-3 of those missions.

Yeah it's a good way to make some predictable income. There's definitely other ways to make decent space bucks too like ratting or harder missions, but those come with a risk that you don't really have with just doing those high sec missions.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Geez. I am realizing how big and popular this game is trying to find these asteroids. It’s like one in a dozen .5 sec belts has one and a fleet of retrievers eats them the moment they appear. My feeble venture trainer with the cheapest mining lasers I could afford is no match.

Maybe not as good a high sec income as I thought! When do asteroids repopulate anyway? I am seeing belts strip mined of all asteroids regularly.

Sivias
Dec 12, 2006

I think we can just sit around and just talk about our feelings.
I'm in the same situation, Ape - I've upgraded to a Venture II with Mk5 miners, but I've just camped out in a system with subscript tier 4 belts (those are the belts Pyro will spawn in).
It's definitely a free for all. When the belts get eaten up, new ones will spawn and if you're quick you can be the first one there and start eating up the pyro.

When the rest of the system flies in with their retrievers, be ready to cut your miners before the pyro get chunked from the other guys or you might end up trying to finish a mining cycle on a pyro rock that isn't there and you get nothing :(

I've been stockpiling my Pyro for when the encounter missions appear. Keep it up and you'll get there.
Don't be afraid to hop to the different belts and also jump on any pyro you come across - even if it's being chewed up by a bunch of ships.

*edit* One last note - See about upgrading your mining equipment to a standard venture I or II/Mk5 miners. Even just mining Veld/Kernite/Omber etc. instead of the Pyro to pad your resources, only grabbing it when it's convenient. Alternatively, fly into a belt until the Pyro is gone and fill your hold with other ore from the belt.

Sivias fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Oct 8, 2020

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

mining in hisec is for bots, mining in lowsec is suicide. either find a quiet system in tribute to mine (there are a bunch) or wait until the war blows over and join our mining ops. last one paid out something like 30m to every miner.

k-spar
Sep 25, 2004

I’m so excited for more mining ops. They’re legit fun, which is not something I would have expected.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Stupid newbie questions.

I mostly want to solo gank miners and farmers, and occasionally join goon groups. I had planned to do this in frigate.

The wiki doesn't mention frigates anywhere, are they useless?

Should I do my ganking in something else?

Is it feasible to spec for frigates and cruisers on the same goose, or should I make an alt? (I think I know this one)

Can you easily transfer things between alts in this game?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

eSporks posted:

Is it feasible to spec for frigates and cruisers on the same goose, or should I make an alt? (I think I know this one)

I wouldn't make an alt to fly two different classes of combat ships. Yeah, you can save time by training in parallel the skills that only affect that ship class, but then you will have to duplicate your effort on all the skills that work for both types of ships, such as the skills for weapons, engineering, modules, targeting, etc.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

eSporks posted:

Stupid newbie questions.

I mostly want to solo gank miners and farmers, and occasionally join goon groups. I had planned to do this in frigate.

Sounds like you need to be introduced to the battle venture. Take a look on the wiki

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Sivias posted:

I'm in the same situation, Ape - I've upgraded to a Venture II with Mk5 miners, but I've just camped out in a system with subscript tier 4 belts (those are the belts Pyro will spawn in).
It's definitely a free for all. When the belts get eaten up, new ones will spawn and if you're quick you can be the first one there and start eating up the pyro.

When the rest of the system flies in with their retrievers, be ready to cut your miners before the pyro get chunked from the other guys or you might end up trying to finish a mining cycle on a pyro rock that isn't there and you get nothing :(

I've been stockpiling my Pyro for when the encounter missions appear. Keep it up and you'll get there.
Don't be afraid to hop to the different belts and also jump on any pyro you come across - even if it's being chewed up by a bunch of ships.

*edit* One last note - See about upgrading your mining equipment to a standard venture I or II/Mk5 miners. Even just mining Veld/Kernite/Omber etc. instead of the Pyro to pad your resources, only grabbing it when it's convenient. Alternatively, fly into a belt until the Pyro is gone and fill your hold with other ore from the belt.

Thanks for the tips. I've noticed that if I can get one asteroid to myself it can usually fulfill 3 missions (750k - taxes, not too shabby) so it's definitely worth upgrading my crappy trainer.

Kaysette posted:

mining in hisec is for bots, mining in lowsec is suicide. either find a quiet system in tribute to mine (there are a bunch) or wait until the war blows over and join our mining ops. last one paid out something like 30m to every miner.

This is what I want to do for sure but I'm not there yet and this is something I can do pretty much afk while I work to help pay for skills and such. I need to find a good time to sit down and figure out how to do all the corp stuff now that I'm a member because it does sound like a lot of fun. My job, my wife, and my kids often make it difficult for me to have uninterrupted gaming time so being able to afk and still be somewhat productive can be nice.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

eSporks posted:

Stupid newbie questions.

I got ganked by a stealth bomber this very morning despite paying attention (RIP Venture III) so it's very much possible. -my fit was lacking a warp stabilizer though, so lesson learned-

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Geez. I am realizing how big and popular this game is trying to find these asteroids. It’s like one in a dozen .5 sec belts has one and a fleet of retrievers eats them the moment they appear. My feeble venture trainer with the cheapest mining lasers I could afford is no match.

Maybe not as good a high sec income as I thought! When do asteroids repopulate anyway? I am seeing belts strip mined of all asteroids regularly.

I got a Venture I in Alikara I can contract you, what's your IGN ? Generally speaking hi-sec belt are swarmed with bots in retrievers and mass harvesting everything faster than you can warp there. It's not as AFK friendly as you wish it were for a mobile game, unless you're ready to mine a bunch of systems away from the popular spots. Belts respawn automatically once they've been mined out and no one is sitting there AFK.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

Kaysette posted:

I've done low-sec mining a couple times. There's enough rocks to go around I think, but I nearly got ganked last time because I took my attention away for a few seconds. I activated two warp stabilizers, and just barely made it out of there.

At this point, I think I'm making money faster by doing missions in a T6 cruiser. I had delusions about mining and building my own Harbinger, but MEANs is such a well-oiled machined right now that it's easier just to buy one from them.

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Oct 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Kaysette posted:

Yeah, the channel already exists and it's full of magic and causes deadspaces to appear