Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Field Mousepad posted:

The valor set ruined all of the other crusader sets for me. You hit like a semi truck and constantly haul rear end, it rules.

I'm trying to get LoN Barrels o Fun going again. It's hilarious riding your horse while everything dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
I missed Season 25 and am only just discovering what these Soul Shards can do, and this is pretty fun considering I'm swimming in shards and their upgrade mats.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Field Mousepad posted:

The valor set ruined all of the other crusader sets for me. You hit like a semi truck and constantly haul rear end, it rules.

100%. It's so great at everything and you don't even have to swap stuff out for other builds if you don't want. I was doing gr100 with boon on and barely noticed.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I can't wait until sanctified items pop back up again, I think you could push pretty decently with LoN Magic Missile now that the altar is in play.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Man, this season sure seems to be extra stingy with the Ramaldni's Gifts. I've had 3 drop so far. Getting real tired of seeing Consumable, then realizing it's in red, so it's not a Gift.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
I'm down to needing just the liquid rainbow for the staff of herding. Scanning the oasis map is really annoying...

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Finished the altar, leveled up some gems, got a couple of primal set pieces (and my primal Valla's) and finally on the DH leaderboards for a 6:06 gr122. In all my years playing this I've never really tried for pushes, I'm so used to the raw speed of the GoD (and UE before that) set that it feels completely alien to be taking more than 3 minutes to finish a run. Feels good though, this has been the most fun season I've had in ages.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

LibrarianCroaker posted:

I'm down to needing just the liquid rainbow for the staff of herding. Scanning the oasis map is really annoying...

remake games until you get a bounty for the mysterious cave

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Just reset the game until you get the clear the mysterious cave bounty in act 2. Way easier.

EDIT: what Swilo said

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Field Mousepad posted:

As someone who played a TON of Akkhan's a couple seasons ago and really enjoyed it, I am having this same "problem." I tried out Valor this season and it's just so smooth. When did they give Vigilante Belt the current effect, anyone know? I don't remember it doing that, I thought the "autofire while on horse" was one of the seasonal things at some point.

Edit: I can't figure out why the top Valor crusaders run Bombardment, though. I thought maybe it was to help stack Stricken but some of them don't even have Stricken equipped.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Swilo posted:

remake games until you get a bounty for the mysterious cave

Works great if you don't play on switch. Load time aren't great between games. Doing higher GRs and visions with my speedy pony kills the framerate to the teens (I'd guess, maybe single digits).

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Maybe this is just never having played a Crusader (and now I'm too old to learn) but this week's Challenge Rift is leaving the fun zone for me pretty quickly, even worse than last weeks. I feel like I might be waiting on finishing my Altar until next week at this rate.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

McCoy Pauley posted:

Maybe this is just never having played a Crusader (and now I'm too old to learn) but this week's Challenge Rift is leaving the fun zone for me pretty quickly, even worse than last weeks. I feel like I might be waiting on finishing my Altar until next week at this rate.

No it's bad. The builds missing key items that make the akkhan build work.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
My favorite thing about Diablo 3 on console is how when you enter a rift it gives you an unskippable message that must be removed with the "O" button (PS) and pressing any other button doesn't remove it, nor do it allow that button/skill to work until you have pressed the correct "O" button.

I have never died from anything else this season, and the number of times I have died from that is in the double digits. I can't imagine playing hardcore in this game.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

How do you upgrade the weapon/helm special gems? I've got one upgrade this season and not sure how I acquired it.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

McCoy Pauley posted:

I've never played a crusader outside of a challenge rift a season or two ago, and I got it on my first try just knowing to A) move with horsey and B) smash face into all other buttons. I don't even know what the buttons do. :v:

Jelly posted:

My favorite thing about Diablo 3 on console is how when you enter a rift it gives you an unskippable message that must be removed with the "O" button (PS) and pressing any other button doesn't remove it, nor do it allow that button/skill to work until you have pressed the correct "O" button.

It's worse on PC, but yeah the constant chatter window closing and the legendary confirms are things I thought would have been nixed ages ago.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Jelly posted:

How do you upgrade the weapon/helm special gems? I've got one upgrade this season and not sure how I acquired it.

Right click the hellforge embers you find and click on the gem. They show up on the ground as red consumables and their icons a red scale looking thing.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Mustached Demon posted:

Right click the hellforge embers you find and click on the gem. They show up on the ground as red consumables and their icons a red scale looking thing.

I get that but where do the hellforge embers come from? Are they like as rare as Ramaladni's or something?

Another thing I love about console which I swear is brand new for just this 30th season they somehow managed to gently caress this up when it was never a problem before, and that is putting the highest level gems you have at the very bottom of the list so every time you beat a GR you have to scroll allllll the way down to get to your gems. What a great quality of life feature.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Jelly posted:

I have never died from anything else this season, and the number of times I have died from that is in the double digits. I can't imagine playing hardcore in this game.

On switch I don't remember any window popping up but many times I've had a certain skill or two not work for the first few seconds. Weird.

Higher gems have always been at the bottom though. Very annoying.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
They're pretty common in visions of enmity in my experience. I've picked up like 60 to my 8 ramaladni's.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Jelly posted:

Another thing I love about console which I swear is brand new for just this 30th season they somehow managed to gently caress this up when it was never a problem before, and that is putting the highest level gems you have at the very bottom of the list so every time you beat a GR you have to scroll allllll the way down to get to your gems. What a great quality of life feature.

I haven't noticed any change there. Gems show up in the upgrade window, as near as I can tell, based first on what space they're in and then what slot they're in the given space. Inventory > Equipped > Stash. So if all your high level gems are showing at the bottom, you might change how you have them all sorted.

Edit: If you're talking about console then maybe I'm way off, sorry. I only play on PC.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Jelly posted:

I get that but where do the hellforge embers come from? Are they like as rare as Ramaladni's or something?

GR90s you'll usually get 1-2 per run. Visions drop them lots too.

The abilities do vary too so you may need to upgrade a few. +3s you don't use can feed augments.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

GR90s you'll usually get 1-2 per run. Visions drop them lots too.

The abilities do vary too so you may need to upgrade a few. +3s you don't use can feed augments.

gently caress I wish I remembered that. Assume 3 is a 125?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

You can also salvage Soul Shards for 3 random Gems. And it's easy to get an unlimited supply of them by running Darkening Of Tristram:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQAq8MfO6hM

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006

Suburban Dad posted:

gently caress I wish I remembered that. Assume 3 is a 125?

Yeah -- a level 3 counts as a 125 gem

This season has seemed very generous with embers so I'm swimming in upgrades.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
This ah, Gemstone really sucks right. I can't believe the drop rate was buffed to this.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Good deal. I was getting very few screams so this should help. Now to farm the staff..

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Mind over Matter posted:

Edit: I can't figure out why the top Valor crusaders run Bombardment, though. I thought maybe it was to help stack Stricken but some of them don't even have Stricken equipped.
This is why I'm taking it

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

If you see anything goofy on the leaderboards you can assume it's due to some unique interaction between the seasonal gems (i.e. top Monk builds using the poison gem despite the Monk's apparent lack of actual poison damage).

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

exquisite tea posted:

If you see anything goofy on the leaderboards you can assume it's due to some unique interaction between the seasonal gems (i.e. top Monk builds using the poison gem despite the Monk's apparent lack of actual poison damage).

You can also put the poison gem on your follower with a poison weapon and they'll stack it for you

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

exquisite tea posted:

A weapon that rolled poison damage as the main damage modifier counts!

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Jusupov posted:

This is why I'm taking it

Wow, that never even occurred to me but it certainly makes sense! Thank you.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Jusupov posted:

You can also put the poison gem on your follower with a poison weapon and they'll stack it for you

Barb WhirlRend calls for Poison Weapon and Gem, but I didn't know it would work on Follower, too. Thanks!

nerox
May 20, 2001
I started the league late and already used my challenge rift cache to get going. Looks like my Altar of Rites is roadblocked until next week when I can get another Challenge Rift cache, which is very annoying.

Other than that, having fun, especially since my pet loots everything for me now except oranges/greens.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

My second primal this season was a RORG, first time I've ever seen one.

Pretty mid. Socket, Main stat and IAS with a burner stat to roll something good.

Also lol at myself pushing GR's to unlock over 1300 blood shards for the altar of rites unlock, spending meticulously at Kadala so I can pick up the last bit of bloodstones to carry me over the threshold and then my lizard routine brain taking over and spending them all.

Doesn't take long to farm up so whatever but still cracked me up.

Back to the poison damage gem, I assume it's better to use a fast attack speed for your follower for it? I put a pig sticker with poison on mine.

Raekor throw barb is a ton of fun. I was thinking I'd need two chars for the season journey, and mainly wanted to do a Wizard. But you don't, and I'm not even mad.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

RoRG always rolls attack speed, life on hit, and mainstat so its wearability is somewhat limited. Most of the time it gets cubed so that you can equip two other rings, although if it's primal it'd be better to fish up another one and use the shards to unlock a potion power at the altar.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Jelly posted:

Also lol at myself pushing GR's to unlock over 1300 blood shards for the altar of rites unlock, spending meticulously at Kadala so I can pick up the last bit of bloodstones to carry me over the threshold and then my lizard routine brain taking over and spending them all.

Doesn't take long to farm up so whatever but still cracked me up.

Wait until you do it again for the 1,500 requirement!

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug
It's annoying that on console you have to pick up ALL of the bloodstone in one go, no partial pickup. So you end up needing to go 3 GRs over the requirement so you can just go over the requirement with 25 bloodstone gambles.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

gariig posted:

It's annoying that on console you have to pick up ALL of the bloodstone in one go, no partial pickup. So you end up needing to go 3 GRs over the requirement so you can just go over the requirement with 25 bloodstone gambles.

Just get to a couple hundred below, then follow this table and do whatever GR gets you to the number you're looking for. I agree it is very annoying though.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/greater-rift-drop-rate/15445/6

I gave up on farming the staff of herding. There's fun grinding and then there's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

RoRG always rolls attack speed, life on hit, and mainstat so its wearability is somewhat limited. Most of the time it gets cubed so that you can equip two other rings, although if it's primal it'd be better to fish up another one and use the shards to unlock a potion power at the altar.
Ah, so that's why the guides generally recommend cubing it even though it doesn't have variable ranges.