Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
is tjat how those things work, steam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Sir Tonk posted:

can we get a reporter to ask him what nafta stands for?

while no one would ever do it, the transcript of this answer would be amazing

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

lmao waiting for donald trump to force the us to use turboprop bombers because they look cooler

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Joementum posted:

this is all real by the way. this is something the president said to a reporter

drat man come on.

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

And a big baby who wants his two scoops of ice cream with his cake

https://twitter.com/dandrezner/status/862643360699428865

Today he truly became president.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Joementum posted:

does anybody else have a weird rusty copper taste in their mouth, or is it just me?

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Joementum posted:

it's a photo of the last meal nixon ate in the white house on the day of his resignation, so it's pretty well documented

also it looks exactly like cottage cheese

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

You know with Bush you could keep up with it, make books out of his malapropisms every so often, because he'd at least give you a few hours or days in between the really outstanding ones. But with Trump it's everything out of his goddamned mouth, there's no way to catalog everything, you'd have to have a weekly novel-length review with a board of editors and the whole works.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Al-Saqr posted:

Morning folks!

Trump will get away with firing comey because the republicans control everything and are hardcore fascist ideologues who don't give two flying fucks about what you think or about killing 24 million people because they know America is a deeply complacent country that will never physically harm them so they can keep chugging along in their gerrymandered districts and completely shred what people thought were laws but turned out to be hollow traditions and the democrats who by the way have the exact same sources of funding as the republicans and are essentially paid to lose won't allow itself to change in time to do any real damage or attract any voters because at the end of the day the GOP is well fortified in a wall of scared fat whites who spite their neighbors while jerking off to the Bible and scream COMMUNISM when you try to give them medicine. Now we're gonna see the FBI tranform into the Keebler Elf Confederate Gilead force and really there's nothing you can goddamn do about it.

Have a nice day!

sir, youll have to wait 15 minutes for the fries

Serf
May 5, 2011

is trump's rejection of the digital somehow leads to our aircraft carriers being less effective then that is a net good for the world imo

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mdemone posted:

You know with Bush you could keep up with it, make books out of his malapropisms every so often, because he'd at least give you a few hours or days in between the really outstanding ones. But with Trump it's everything out of his goddamned mouth, there's no way to catalog everything, you'd have to have a weekly novel-length review with a board of editors and the whole works.

There's going to be a 16 volume set about his first term alone.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Joementum posted:

Ha ha, nice one Joementum. I can always count on you for historical jok-

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Serf posted:

while no one would ever do it, the transcript of this answer would be amazing

"I don't have to tell you what it stands for, I know what it stands for. But, it really should stand for No American Freedom in Trade... well whatever you can fill in the last one."

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

amazing

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/...ww.nytimes.com/

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sir Tonk posted:

can we get a reporter to ask him what nafta stands for?

yeah, this. I don't know why reporters don't just ask Trump factual questions about the government. He wouldn't answer, but it would be very funny.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

translation: im trying to convince myself that agreeing to an open marriage was a good idea, in article form

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Lol the authors last name is Dominus she totally is cucking her husband.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

someone should really ask him how he feels about the 3/5ths compromise

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Hey Joe who was that guy who describes his perfect night as settling down with a Coke Zero in front of his big screen TV watching The Newsroom?

I know it's not Trump, but it really feels like it could be.

Serf
May 5, 2011

people have a hard time just doing what makes them happy

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

FabioClone posted:

yeah, this. I don't know why reporters don't just ask Trump factual questions about the government. He wouldn't answer, but it would be very funny.
At one point in the interview with Kissinger sitting there a reporter asked him a question and he made a "nah" gesture and things just went on from there like nothing had happened. That wasn't very funny to me.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

FabioClone posted:

im not sure how anyone's first question is not "what the gently caress is wrong with you"

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/shane_bauer/status/862657907942445056

lol, um actually, there are a lot of GOOD PEOPLE in the South. something something if only Hillary had held rallies in Louisiana.

Serf
May 5, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

Hey Joe who was that guy who describes his perfect night as settling down with a Coke Zero in front of his big screen TV watching The Newsroom?

frank luntz

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
They're telling me they're using taut wires to catch these guys landing. Arrestor hooks or something. You have to be Robert Hooke to get it. So I said "Why not just make them a mile and a half long?", you know, so they can slow down in time. Like a skyscraper of the sea. And that's why the USS Donald J Trump is going to be the greatest, BIGGEST, ship in naval history.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Al! posted:

is tjat how those things work, steam?

Speaking as someone who was on one yes, that is how. And it works! But I trust the Navy to know what they need and what they want for the future better than I trust Donald Trump.... and that's the sort of word salad that would give people at Naval Research labs a stroke just trying to process.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Augus posted:

"I don't usually like compromise, you know, but 3/5 of a compromise isn't even a whole one, you know I guess that's okay, hey look at those people outside!"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:owned:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

gradenko_2000 posted:

frank luntz, but you missed that his perfect night also includes a huge plate of spaghetti bolognese

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Yinlock posted:

translation: im trying to convince myself that agreeing to an open marriage was a good idea, in article form

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Al-Saqr posted:

Lol the authors last name is Dominus she totally is cucking her husband.
al-saqr have you ever lain with a woman who wasnt banladeshi or philipina and would be hacked to pieces for the slightest offense against you?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Nodelphi posted:

Today he truly became president.

Mike Pence really is playing the long con here. He's going to be president and then we can all go back to business as usual and not have to worry about dying in nuclear hellfire. Unless your gay, sorry about your mandatory shock therapy

AmericanBarbarian
Nov 23, 2011

Joementum posted:

"You going to goddamned steam"

HAHAHA the entire point of the new super large aircraft carriers is so they can keep launching planes non-stop quicker than current day models. They have to have an electro-magnet system for that to really work. The Navy has to be pretty pissed with Trump for being this stupid. If they went back to steam for the new carriers it would probably cost another billion dollars just to change the blueprints.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

jBrereton posted:

They're telling me they're using taut wires to catch these guys landing. Arrestor hooks or something. You have to be Robert Hooke to get it. So I said "Why not just make them a mile and a half long?", you know, so they can slow down in time. Like a skyscraper of the sea. And that's why the USS Donald J Trump is going to be the greatest, BIGGEST, ship in naval history.

I just realized they're going to have a USS Trump.

And a Trump Presidential Library with no books in it.

And Donald J. Trump Middle Schools across the nation.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

fits my needs posted:

https://twitter.com/shane_bauer/status/862657907942445056

lol, um actually, there are a lot of GOOD PEOPLE in the South. something something if only Hillary had held rallies in Louisiana.

lol better stay out of luisiana then.

literally gonna be looking for any excuse to fill those cells and you, a person, is their primary source of income

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It's totally a bot

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

holy cow

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the pictures were the amazing part of that open marriage article

I didn't actually read it lol

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Augus posted:

hahaha. the press is so bad. they could be doing this poo poo all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

Joementum posted:

What is he talking about?

• Locked thread