Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

ryanrs posted:

I've been unsubbed for a few years, so maybe this has changed, but did CCP introduce a serious $->isk or $->ships/minerals mechanic? (There wasn't such a thing when I last played.)

They're making changes, fairly rapidly, that harm your ability to make ISK by playing the game.

The theory is that they're making these changes to encourage the purchase of PLEX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Am I the only one who thinks about the one step further, that nobody will be buying PLEX in-game if there's nobody making ISK in-game?

I mean all they have to do is introduce NPC buy orders for PLEX but thats just such a lovely move I think it would finally put me off the game, even with as much fun as I'm having in this war.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The bigger issue is if they make things like mining completely unprofitable then how well all the dipshits buying plex have ships to buy that aren’t obscenely expensive

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

Mining can't be unprofitable in the long term because it's where all the minerals come from, right?

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
@ccp please nerf how much loot drop from rats, specifically blood raiders.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

If you're just joining us, here's a fair and unbiased INN article from our battlefield reporter Moomin Amatin that gives a high-level overview of WWB and its actors.

https://imperium.news/glory-gold-and-goalposts/

“Fraternity – Another alliance from the Serenity server finding its footing on Tranquility.”

Isn’t the Serenity server the dev box where everything costs 100 isk? How does one have an alliance there?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Agrikk posted:

“Fraternity – Another alliance from the Serenity server finding its footing on Tranquility.”

Isn’t the Serenity server the dev box where everything costs 100 isk? How does one have an alliance there?

Serenity is the Chinese server, Singularity is the dev environment.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Agrikk posted:

I think its the Chinese server with anime catgirl ship skins

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.
Oh that’s right. Serenity vs Singularity.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Malefitz posted:

As I have downloaded Tensorflow in the past and also pursued a doctoral degree once I am basically a Data Scientist PhD myself and I fully agree with your assessment of Larrikin.

You should apply to be CCP's new economics master - you're probably more qualified than anyone else they could get.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Oh, dude. I agree. That’s why they need to hire an economist again who can tell them, “you think this is going to make you more money, but look you’re incentivizing behavior that; unchecked, is going to lead to the quicker death of your 17 year old MMO.”

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

ZombieLenin posted:

Oh, dude. I agree. That’s why they need to hire an economist again who can tell them, “you think this is going to make you more money, but look you’re incentivizing behavior that; unchecked, is going to lead to the quicker death of your 17 year old MMO.”

While this might help, let's not fool ourselves into thinking that EnyoG or whatever it was actually performed any such duties when he was at CCP. He mostly studied the game for his own scholar pursuits and didn't really affect game direction.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

While this might help, let's not fool ourselves into thinking that EnyoG or whatever it was actually performed any such duties when he was at CCP. He mostly studied the game for his own scholar pursuits and didn't really affect game direction.

CCP has a proper data analytics department, headed by an alleged 'economist' (read: not) who got drummed out of the civil service years ago. Unfortunately they only maintain the CCP financial reports and pipeline.

Meaning that the only vaguely competent people with previous experience do 0 analysis on any of the actual in-game data, and just produce reports like "Q4 Plex Purchases/Advertising Expenses by Region".

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

The bigger issue is if they make things like mining completely unprofitable then how well all the dipshits buying plex have ships to buy that aren’t obscenely expensive

Because they won't keep resource generation like this forever. Instead, they'll ride the line as much as they can then introduce another "resource abundance" period to get things into line, rinse and repeat. Or they'll just sell ships on the store eventually, who knows. The tin-foil hat wearing side of me thinks the recent cases of fat fingers on the store and Sisi were just tests to gauge what they could get away with at this point.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

If CCP had any idea what to do they would have made it like eve echoes, where if your guns are active, they will automatically start shooting the next npc target you have locked. they could even reload and keep shooting automatically too. They could embrace the semi-afk nature of the game instead of fighting it and make every weapon system as good as drones.

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

ZombieLenin posted:

Revenue now is better than revenue later. :capitalism:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Stealthgerbil posted:

If CCP had any idea what to do they would have made it like eve echoes, where if your guns are active, they will automatically start shooting the next npc target you have locked. they could even reload and keep shooting automatically too. They could embrace the semi-afk nature of the game instead of fighting it and make every weapon system as good as drones.

I... Uh... Hmm...

I was gonna plop down a :thunk: here but that's actually an interesting idea

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Beach Bum posted:

I... Uh... Hmm...

Eve Echoes guns also continue firing after reloading, which is another QoL I'd like to see come to EVE.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Dieting Hippo posted:

Eve Echoes guns also continue firing after reloading, which is another QoL I'd like to see come to EVE.

Well there is no reloading in echoes yet as their is currently no ammo system

snail
Sep 25, 2008

CHEESE!

Beach Bum posted:

I... Uh... Hmm...

People drop ridiculous sums on idle clickers, I see no reason it couldn't be adapted to Eve.

Persistent player targets aka 'content', more subs to get better idle clicks, and the drudge bits somewhat automated for players who stay logged in spinning ships.

We've literally had the humour of ship spinning for years.

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

snail posted:

People drop ridiculous sums on idle clickers, I see no reason it couldn't be adapted to Eve.

Persistent player targets aka 'content', more subs to get better idle clicks, and the drudge bits somewhat automated for players who stay logged in spinning ships.

We've literally had the humour of ship spinning for years.

I wonder if it would reduce server load a fair bit too in big fights, less gun cycling commands having to be queued up and processed.

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

Baculus posted:

You should apply to be CCP's new economics master - you're probably more qualified than anyone else they could get.

I think any one of us (minus Querious Quack) could replace any position at CCP and do significantly better than the person formerly holding that position.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Malefitz posted:

I think any one of us (minus Querious Quack) could replace any position at CCP and do significantly better than the person formerly holding that position.

Their pay is poo poo, unfortunately.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Their pay is poo poo, unfortunately.

And the location is even worse.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Rutibex posted:

anime catgirl ship skins

:eyepop:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Wibla posted:

if i run away to join a video game company its going to be Path of Exile, certainly not EVE Online. brrrr

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

CRAPI is ruining EVE for everyone by harboring botters in its coalition and in turn using the ill-gotten profits to wage its dishonorable campaigns. Unlike CCP however, The Imperium has not turned a blind eye on these transgressions and resolutely continues to restore fairness and balance to the game.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/88908978/
https://fleetcom.space/battlereport/35A7Wg2MAJmayD9te

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Wibla posted:

They're apparently at least partly based in London:

CCP Careers

Of course that makes the pay even more problematic, given the cost of living there.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Also the in-company corruption and nepotism, so any effort will be futile.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Call me crazy, but I'd totally move to Iceland. I loved Death Stranding.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
I don't see anything about compensation on that page, maybe it doesn't suck. :downs:

e:

Iceland is nice place tho, probably wouldn't want to live there though... I can handle the polar day/night, but the tourist season brings in like 5x the population of Iceland in tourists, and tourists are universally dumb fuckers.

Xarn fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Nov 28, 2020

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Your dating prospects would be pretty good in Iceland. Everyone would want to get in on that fresh new DNA.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/CCP-Games-Reviews-E159347.htm

Erulisse fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Nov 28, 2020

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Propagandist posted:

I feel like back in the day there was some special casual goon corp, which is what I'm interested in. Is that still a thing? If not, is it OK to be casual in GoonWaffe?
You can be as casual as you want in Goonwaffe, just be on jabber. You may be thinking of The Greater Goon, which I believe isn't around any more.

Or you can join Karmafleet or Karmafleet University. The latter is mainly GS mining alts mixed with genuine newbies and mostly hangs out in highsec with occasional magic school bus adventures into low and null.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Private Speech posted:

They're apparently at least partly based in London:

CCP Careers

Of course that makes the pay even more problematic, given the cost of living there.

Which is probably why they don't give any kind of a payscale on their job ads :sun:

(Srsly companies, don't do this, I'm not going to even bother thinking of applying to a place that won't give an indication of what it'll pay because what's the point of expending any effort if you top out at half what I make right now?)

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Im kind of a dumbass and I dont know how to code. Im exactly what :ccp: is looking for.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

feedmegin posted:

Which is probably why they don't give any kind of a payscale on their job ads :sun:

(Srsly companies, don't do this, I'm not going to even bother thinking of applying to a place that won't give an indication of what it'll pay because what's the point of expending any effort if you top out at half what I make right now?)

If you currently do software in America then ccp is closer to a quarter of what you make.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

If you currently do software in America then ccp is closer to a quarter of what you make.

He's a London-based goon IIRC, or at least posts in the UKMT.

Still probably less.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Nov 28, 2020

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Malefitz posted:

And deal with eve players as a full time job? No thanks. I'm not risking my main income on indecisive spaceship nerds that want everything for free - but also hates free stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

quote:

- Forgetfulness occurs even within a single conversation, but be careful about calling out forgetfulness to upper management, you might get met with extremely belligerent, confused, and aggressive behavior.

Advice to Management

C-level managers should check offices for a carbon monoxide leak. That's got to be the reason to explain this baffling forgetful behavior.

:ccp: