Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

mobby_6kl posted:

I thought everyone in America carried guns, so why wouldn't they?

You know. You're right. It was a dumb question,i apologize.

Do you think they have a license to kill like regular cops?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

You know. You're right. It was a dumb question,i apologize.

Do you think they have a license to kill like regular cops?

No, no torture, just shooting.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Shirley, that's illegal?

e: Also, "approved retailers may provide small discounts"? What the gently caress? OK so the USPS can do that if they want to but it's definitely not right.

Yup! Use a counterfeit stamp and Grandma won't get her birthday card.
https://about.usps.com/newsroom/nat...s%20discretion.

Retailers like grocery stores or others approved by the USPS might get the stamps for a very small discount, but in turn sell them to customers for face value or maybe higher - never lower.

Liquid Chicken fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Apr 17, 2023

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

stephenthinkpad posted:

Question about the USPS stamps, do they have any anti counterfeit built in like paper money? If not I don't see how they catch the high quality fakes?

Some modern U.S. stamps have microprinted things in the design and stamps are tagged with a chemical coating that glows under an UV light. The latter is designed for automation of the mail and not so much an anti-counterfeit tactic.

There's other things philatelist use to detect counterfeits - design flaws, differences in paper, perforation cuts, backing paper, colors etc. However modern stamps are made pretty cheaply and on the cheap in comparison to older stamps.

Older stamps use to be made with engraved plates or a passed through multiple printing steps if there were multiple colors involved. Even the older lick and stick gum would be harder to replicate (it's was Kosher btw). It was easier the to spot counterfeits back then. One would have to be a master engraver to pull something off. Now days, just some chump selling on AliExpress pumping them out with a computer and the same tech to make Hobby Lobby stickers.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I'd like to buy a roll of counterfeit stamps so that I can get in legal hot water for saving a couple of bucks.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I can’t imagine anyone that would need to use that many stamps regularly wouldn’t just get a stamps.com account or some poo poo. You ain’t shipping anything more than a letter cause you’d have to use half of them for a big package.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Liquid Chicken posted:

Pure loving counterfeits. I see ads for this bullshit all the time on Facebook. It's one of the few things Facebook will pull down that I've reported.

The USPS has recently taken the position of just abandoning mail that have counterfeit stamps detected. The Scott U.S. Specialized stamp catalog keeps track of the counterfeit stamps as well.

https://www.uspis.gov/news/scam-article/counterfeit-stamps

The USPS doesn't sell discount Forever stamps to anyone.

BTW...1st class stamps going up to 66 cents in July.

Wonder if AliExpress would get banned in the USA if someone snitched on them to the post office.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Invalid Validation posted:

I can’t imagine anyone that would need to use that many stamps regularly wouldn’t just get a stamps.com account or some poo poo. You ain’t shipping anything more than a letter cause you’d have to use half of them for a big package.

i used to work at a bulk mail place and i cant remember the details but for some reason there was one shipment that needed to use actual physical first class stamps, so my boss sent me to the post office to buy a roll of stamps and it was something like $3000 for a roll of stamps the size of a roll of masking tape and that was 20 years ago. i remember thinking "hmm if you could find a way to resell these it would be a great way to move illicit money discreetly"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
So uh.. maybe the fake stamps have a use then, just replace the stamps of people you hate with fake stamps.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

So uh.. maybe the fake stamps have a use then, just replace the stamps of people you hate with fake stamps.

As a prank!

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
Stamps in prison are a currency so just get the fake stamps and

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Wild EEPROM posted:

Give them to prisoners you don't like, so they get shiv'd

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Wild EEPROM posted:

you just gave butt stamping a whole new meaning

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

Give them to prisoners you don't like, so they get shiv'd

The Postal Police will come into the prison and shoot you :blastu:

This just came up at the top of the homepage on Temu:

Dammit Temu, what the hell :mad:

Oh…

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
Still feels like maybe an inside-out squirrel is not a great look for the homepage.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Squeezing my squirrel is my national past time.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
It's pretty common in Australia for the postmark to not be applied properly. Enterprising people with access to large amounts of mail have made a business of removing these stamps and selling them on eBay below the face value. I've never heard of anyone being arrested for that, but I'm sure it happens.

People have absolutely been convicted for producing or importing forged postage though.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

Postal Inspectors don't gently caress around. Living in a bad neighborhood in Houston I got to watch them block off my neighborhood and raid my neighbor's house. Unmarked black SUVs and full battle rattle. Looked like a private military swarming the block. One of the guys in a full get up that said Postal Inspector came to our door and told us we couldn't leave the house.

I mean, to be fair, my neighbor did shoot at the mail man for throwing a package with camera gear in it over his fence. We didn't get our mail delivered for months, everyone had to go pick it up at the post office. They didn't catch him the first time and for a few weeks there was constantly unmarked vehicles just hanging out in the neighborhood, and guys regularly knocking on doors asking questions.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

long live theunderstanding!g.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Hirayuki posted:

long live theunderstanding!g.

qft; you must remember this when ordering from alitemu

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Unfortunately they don't have them in adult sizes: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005078926179.html

Ironhead posted:

Postal Inspectors don't gently caress around. Living in a bad neighborhood in Houston I got to watch them block off my neighborhood and raid my neighbor's house. Unmarked black SUVs and full battle rattle. Looked like a private military swarming the block. One of the guys in a full get up that said Postal Inspector came to our door and told us we couldn't leave the house.

I mean, to be fair, my neighbor did shoot at the mail man for throwing a package with camera gear in it over his fence. We didn't get our mail delivered for months, everyone had to go pick it up at the post office. They didn't catch him the first time and for a few weeks there was constantly unmarked vehicles just hanging out in the neighborhood, and guys regularly knocking on doors asking questions.
Holy poo poo lol

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

All american agencies are ultimately a branch of the military. God help you if you ever get the forestry service on your rear end, those guys can disappear into the trees like rambo

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

flavor.flv posted:

All american agencies are ultimately a branch of the military. God help you if you ever get the forestry service on your rear end, those guys can disappear into the trees like rambo

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

US Postal Inspectors conducted a maritime assault to arrest Steve Bannon on his boat

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
Drifting around the depths of AE and…

They even have more than one!

RocketSurgeon
Mar 2, 2008

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

Drifting around the depths of AE and…

They even have more than one!
If you go down that wierd rabbit hole theres a frightening amount
of conspiracy and chud themed shirts around. The last time ali recommended me some boomer humor shirts making fun of Biden. One was actually close to being funny with biden embracing jimi hendrix from behind with some text saying "excuse me while I sniff this guy".

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Don't go into that rabbit hole, it's nowhere as amusing as you think and you always ALWAYS find Nazis at the bottom.

Go laugh at funny cat accessories or something.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Is there any way to get them to stop showing you Nazi poo poo afterwards? I don't click on a lot of poo poo because I don't want to keep looking at that same poo poo forever

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Imagine wearing a shirt of a sick meme that was scraped off twitter/facebook. Like it’s not even stylized.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

all the best t-shirts have heavy jpeg artifacting

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'd gladly wear a DA SHARE ZONE shirt, are they available at Ali?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Please only buy authentic merch. It adds layers.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Wearing a jpeg boomer meme shirt does feel like exactly the kind of thing I'm irony poisoned enough to do, but I most folks on the street won't get the joke.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Amazon reviews: "I have 8 different versions of this product from different brands, here's how they compare [4 page essay]"

Ali reviews:

"OK"

"Good"

"what?"

"bees"

"Here's a picture of the package. I haven't opened it. 5 stars perfect beautiful."

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

By popular demand posted:

I'd gladly wear a DA SHARE ZONE shirt, are they available at Ali?

https://dasharez0ne.com for all your admin needs.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

came across someones old stamp collection none of real value but this one made me laugh it was just very unexpected

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

davebo posted:

https://dasharez0ne.com for all your admin needs.

Sorry not artifacted and stolen enough for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Amazon reviews: "I have 8 different versions of this product from different brands, here's how they compare [4 page essay]"

Ali reviews:

"OK"

"Good"

"what?"

"bees"

"Here's a picture of the package. I haven't opened it. 5 stars perfect beautiful."
Yeah it really sucks that the reviews are so useless.

I really liked that Banggood used to reward you with points for writing useful reviews and including photos and videos. They should do this instead of the stupid growing game.