Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

My city has a large Lebanese population, which runs lots of the grease wheel pizza delivery places in town, and you can get toum as a dipping sauce almost anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

My city has a large Lebanese population, which runs lots of the grease wheel pizza delivery places in town, and you can get toum as a dipping sauce almost anywhere.

Do you dip your pizza cone in it?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

FishBulb posted:

And Albuquerque... Which surprised me

What? I wouldn't say it's popular there. I don't think I've ever seen it done outside of lovely chains, and if that's what we're basing our judgements of food culture on, god help us all.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Mr. Wookums posted:

Pizza dipped in ranch is popular in the midwest.
Like, that's befuddling enough but at least I'd seen gross pictures of it before. The commercial also has cheese sauce and sweet chili sauce and stuff though.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Hauki posted:

What? I wouldn't say it's popular there. I don't think I've ever seen it done outside of lovely chains, and if that's what we're basing our judgements of food culture on, god help us all.

Dion's man. Every time I was in there. I'm sure you qualify that as a lovely chain though so maybe not up there in your ivory tower mister fancy pants.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Mr. Wookums posted:

Dipping everything within range of your Rascal into ranch is popular in the midwest.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Dipping everything within range of your Rascal into ranch is popular in the midwest.

Which is weird. Isn't ranch sorta overpowering? I can see it on a salad, maybe.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Didn't they have a ranch fountain at Golden Corral?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Bob Morales posted:

Damned if I know, but as the incredibly internet stories attest to, they have a chocolate fountain that gets anything and everything dipped in it.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Parmesan, red pepper flakes, and honey are the only acceptable post-cooking flavorings for pizza. The honey goes on the crust.

Edit: so just to make sure, if I don't like dry red wine, but make recipes that include it, just buy a box of cheap wine. Sounds good to me.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 17:06 on May 5, 2015

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

You are really wrong.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Bob Morales posted:

Of course!

it is white chocolate not ranch :(:(

paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp

Mr. Wookums posted:

I googled "pizza dipped in ranch"

and now I cannot unsee

seriously, how bad must a pizza be before one decides to dip it in something (not to mention a cold sauce from a bottle)...

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

paraquat posted:

I googled "pizza dipped in ranch"

and now I cannot unsee

seriously, how bad must a pizza be before one decides to dip it in something (not to mention a cold sauce from a bottle)...

It's organic so it's healthy

paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp

It's organic so it's healthy

yeah, and pizza is a vegetable, because it has tomato on it :-D

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

BattleCattle posted:

Which is weird. Isn't ranch sorta overpowering? I can see it on a salad, maybe.

Aww. That's adorable. You think the same people who use ranch as a pizza dip would even recognize a salad.

I dated a woman who would ranch* pretty much every item at every meal. Pizza, chicken, sandwich, fries, burger, whatever. Not salad though, oh no. Salad never graced the table.

*Yes, I'm using 'ranch' as a verb, the same way one would use 'salt'.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

CzarChasm posted:

I dated a woman who would ranch* pretty much every item at every meal. Pizza, chicken, sandwich, fries, burger, whatever. Not salad though, oh no. Salad never graced the table.
my friends wife ALWAYS asks for a side of ranch when we go out

:btroll:

I have another friend who dips popcorn in it.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Even when I was a dumb child who did things like put marshmallows on pizza slices I didn't like ranch

I must be unAmerican

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Even when I was a dumb child who did things like put marshmallows on pizza slices I didn't like ranch

I must be unAmerican

My wife makes potato wedges that are amazing with a drop (any more and you don't taste anything else) of ranch, but only the newmans own stuff, other ranches are disgusting.

Speaking of salad, my in-laws think I never eat salad. I never think we need salad because we always do something like grilled artichokes or asparagus or steamed broccoli or corn or etc., and I have to defend that we don't need something you are just going to dump honey mustard dressing or balsamic vinaigrette over. At least not with every meal...

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Bob Morales posted:

my friends wife ALWAYS asks for a side of ranch when we go out

:btroll:

I have another friend who dips popcorn in it.

At my current workplace my first boss here was a morbidly obese woman who took several of us out for lunch on our first day. She got a salad with a breaded and fried chicken cutlet and asked for extra ranch. Two full ramekins of ranch went on her salad which she devoured. It was difficult to watch.

Luckily she got canned and I'm a level above where she was, so all is right in the world.

paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp

The Midniter posted:

At my current workplace my first boss here was a morbidly obese woman who took several of us out for lunch on our first day. She got a salad with a breaded and fried chicken cutlet and asked for extra ranch. Two full ramekins of ranch went on her salad which she devoured. It was difficult to watch.

But she ate a salad, how could she be morbidly obese??

lol

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

At my college there is a salad bar that charges by weight. I followed behind a large woman who built a salad overflowing with ham cubes and about a cup of dressing. Her salad was like 5x the size of my portion and I think it ended up at $14+.

She must have been so proud of herself for making the healthy choice of salad.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Scientastic posted:

You are really wrong.

I was skeptical, but it improves most crusts. There are some really well-seasoned crusts I wouldn't put it on, and some really awful bland crusts I wouldn't bother with because they still would be awful, but the okay but not great crusts go well with just a little bit of honey.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

What about faking that garlic-oil that Dominos uses?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I like putting kettle corn on my pizza

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I don't know, I never order Dominos. I worked for a local-ish chain, and on request we would sprinkle parmesan on the crust right when it came out of the oven. That was good, I wouldn't have put honey on those. Part of it was we (were supposed to, one person never) put olive oil on the edge of the crust so it would come out softer and tastier.

E, weird, it posted a 30-second old version of my post.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 19:06 on May 5, 2015

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

That is the most vile and horrible thing I have ever heard, I am literally vomiting as I post

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

That is the most vile and horrible thing I have ever heard, I am literally vomiting as I post

My pizza crust around the edges is made of churros.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

I like candy corn instead, it gives a pleasant, waxy texture to the pizza.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Teeter posted:

At my college there is a salad bar that charges by weight. I followed behind a large woman who built a salad overflowing with ham cubes and about a cup of dressing. Her salad was like 5x the size of my portion and I think it ended up at $14+.

She must have been so proud of herself for making the healthy choice of salad.

It makes less sense when they charge by weight, but there were at least a few kids at my school who would pay for their lunch and then make off with as much food as they could to save meal costs later.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

You just wait until Swedish Pizza becomes the next big Scandnavian food trend.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

DekeThornton posted:

They need the calories up there because of the snow though

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
True.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

DekeThornton posted:

As long as its burger and not lutefisk, I'm ok with it

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

You can dip it in chili, with beans obviously.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

DekeThornton posted:

I mean yes, there's plenty of hosed up pizza to be had all over the world. I've just never encountered anyone who said "you know what this needs? Five big ol' tubs of different sauces to dip it into before every bite, that's what!"

By the way, this is what I was talking about originally:

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Illinois Smith posted:

I mean yes, there's plenty of hosed up pizza to be had all over the world. I've just never encountered anyone who said "you know what this needs? Five big ol' tubs of different sauces to dip it into before every bite, that's what!"

Pretty lovely assortment of sauces imhslo.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Illinois Smith posted:

The only thing I can approve of on there is the frank's red hot, that can really improve lovely pizza.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Do you dip your pizza cone in it?

The pizza cone store closed after a couple months, sadly.

RIP pizza cone store man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mich
Feb 28, 2003
I may be racist but I'm the good kind of racist! You better put down those chopsticks, you HITLER!

CzarChasm posted:

Aww. That's adorable. You think the same people who use ranch as a pizza dip would even recognize a salad.

*Yes, I'm using 'ranch' as a verb, the same way one would use 'salt'.

I was eating at a Bonefish Grill with a group and before we ordered this one woman mentioned how much she loved the ranch there. She ordered a steak and asked for a side of ranch to dip her steak in. She went through it really quickly and asked the waitress for another thing of ranch. She finished that too and lamented that she wanted to ask for more ranch but was embarrassed to.