Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014

Dallan Invictus posted:

Um, it is? The only languages the base game was localised into that don't have their voices enabled for some reason are Russian and Polish, which have two tiny mods on the Workshop to enable them (and are also included in the International Voices mod you're probably referring to as bloated). Beyond that you have to wait for fan additions, and watching the International Voices mod for more additions is probably your best bet on that front - and you're not really going to get what you're looking for without some bloat.

(If you liked LW1's voice packs, those are available in another mod).

Technically speaking those aren't voice packs made for XCOM 2: they're the localized voice packs from Enemy Within. XCOM 2 didn't get fully localized in Polish and Russian by 2K for whatever reason. (You'll notice that those languages lack the Full Audio checkmark on XCOM 2's steam page.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Someone good at modding fix the uniform manager mod. I can't live without an easy way to make all my dudes look the same until they get high enough rank for me to care about them

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Is there a way to filter out certain types of mods in the workshop? I really don't want to look at 500 pages of voice packs from other games

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Bolow posted:

Is there a way to filter out certain types of mods in the workshop? I really don't want to look at 500 pages of voice packs from other games

Not easily. The tagging system is really basic and didn't exist in its current form early on so a lot of older mods aren't tagged.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Quick LW2 question - when does the Advent Avatar Ticker make an appearance? I've been doing mission after mission, including a fair amount of the story missions (building shadow chamber now, I assume I'll need to hack a codex next) and I'm concerned that the ticker might still exist and be ticking up, but I don't get to 'see' it until I "do a thing".

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
You have to liberate a region I think.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

McKilligan posted:

Quick LW2 question - when does the Advent Avatar Ticker make an appearance? I've been doing mission after mission, including a fair amount of the story missions (building shadow chamber now, I assume I'll need to hack a codex next) and I'm concerned that the ticker might still exist and be ticking up, but I don't get to 'see' it until I "do a thing".

You nees to liberate a region which means doing a chain of five missions. Here's the overview on the wiki

quote:

Liberation Missions

As part of its attempts to liberate a region from ADVENT control, XCOM will conduct a set sequence of five operations. The early missions are difficult to detect and the later missions receive an substantial bonus to activity level, over and above the strength value of the region.

Liberation 1: Hacking Guerrilla Op. The mission objectives won't actually have the word "liberation" in the title. But you can tell Liberation 1 from the rewards. It will just be a certain amount of Intel (with no listed Intel package).Concealed Start.

Liberation 2: Rescue Defector. XCOM must rescue a VIP from a city location and move to the extraction point. Not Concealed.

Liberation 3: There are at least 2 possible mission types. Either mission type you get will have "Liberation" as part of the objective. Now do take note, Lib3 will also have an Advent strength bonus (above the regional base) meaning the baseline activity will be a decent amount higher as well as the tech you'll be facing. So go in nice and prepared for this one.Dark VIP mission (which seems to be more common) - There is also a high probability that the civilians on the map are FacelessDestroy the Relay mission.

Liberation 4 - Regional Network Tower Liberation: XCOM must deploy to and liberate an advent network tower. This will not expire once unlocked, and is quite difficult. A small squad (up to five soldiers) must hack a console at the far end of the map. Doing so disables the reinforcement timer and stuns all remaining enemies. The mission ends only when there are no remaining enemies, and reinforcements will come rapidly once the alarm is raised. Concealed Start.

Liberation 5 - ADVENT Facility Assault: XCOM must deploy to and overtake a well-defended ADVENT facility. This will not expire once unlocked, and is quite difficult. Concealed Start.

Note that failing or skipping a liberation mission does not reset the path. You'll just have to detect it again (unless it's the tower or base, which are persistent once you unlock them).

Zore fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jun 7, 2017

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

Bolow posted:

You know, for a company that makes so much money, Steam really is an imperfect product. I love the features but the UX is very clunky, it's hard to believe (not even loving tab browsing).

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Furism posted:

You know, for a company that makes so much money, Steam really is an imperfect product. I love the features but the UX is very clunky, it's hard to believe (not even loving tab browsing).

ux design for a web store isn't sexy or exciting, so all the valve folks would rather work on a new dota 2 hat or whatever

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Honestly, I'm glad Steam's UI hasn't changed much. I'm sure it could be improved in some ways but if there's one thing modern UI designers do a lot that pisses me off, its changing the layout of everything like every 6 months. You could have an old layout that's perfectly functional, maybe could be updated a bit, but instead of doing that they scrap the whole thing and replaced it with some streamlined trash that ends up being less convenient. Then in 6 months or so they do the same drat thing all over again.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

A MIRACLE posted:

Cool, are the timed missions based on how many turns you take or is it timed as in, 'you have 12:00 to finish this mission'?

Ok now I need a speed chess style mission where I only have 20 minutes to end the mission but I can make unlimited moves.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

TheSpiritFox posted:

Ok now I need a speed chess style mission where I only have 20 minutes to end the mission but I can make unlimited moves.

There is actually a mod that does that, including only counting down the clock while you actually have control (not during the alien turn, action cams, etc.)

What I want to see is someone speedrunning the game, trying to finish a campaign in the shortest amount of real time. Though partially because then I'd be able to watch an entire campaign instead of getting bored several hours in.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I really wish there was a mod that extended the campaign and added cool stuff, but wasn't obscenely difficult and built around frogs like the long war mods. I want something for an unhealthy level of interest, not "should probably go to a meeting or something", dammit!

LW1 was pretty cool in the early days before it totally went up it's own rear end and only ended up having feedback from lunatic diehards. I like a challenge and good ol "THATS XCOM!" Moments, but god drat those mods are masochistic.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
"built around frogs" isn't a phrase I've heard used before.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I really wish there was a mod that extended the campaign and added cool stuff, but wasn't obscenely difficult and built around frogs like the long war mods. I want something for an unhealthy level of interest, not "should probably go to a meeting or something", dammit!

LW1 was pretty cool in the early days before it totally went up it's own rear end and only ended up having feedback from lunatic diehards. I like a challenge and good ol "THATS XCOM!" Moments, but god drat those mods are masochistic.

Play LW2 on easy?

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

I'm hoping to build that, and hopefully make it modular enough (built of multiple mods rather than one megamod) that you don't have to accept all my decisions, but we'll see how that pans out of course. Best intentions and all.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Furism posted:

I'd be less annoyed if 90% of the mods on the workshop weren't some goddamn port of random bullshit from Mass Effect, Titanfall, or Call of Duty

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Bolow posted:

I'd be less annoyed if 90% of the mods on the workshop weren't some goddamn port of random bullshit from Mass Effect, Titanfall, or Call of Duty

Don't forget all the anime cosmetics!

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 8, 2017

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Bremen posted:

Play LW2 on easy?

They really hosed around with the mechanics, so for every one that I enjoy, there's two that big the gently caress out of me. I like the idea of a modular expansion mod, though.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Have you considered playing vanilla legendary (which extends the campaign) with some of the class mods (I like the Shadow Ops pack or you can use Spectrum or the Long War Perk Pack) and things like the tier 1.5 laser mod? Or Reality Machina additional mission types? Add in A Better Advent 2 for enemy variety, Grimy's loot mod for some diablo-style loot, and maybe Allies unknown if you want to recruit things like Advent Hybrids.

Nowhere near as involved as Long War, but there are a ton of cool mods that add content.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Spectrum Green is scheduled to come out in a few days, everything being pushed about it suggests largely similar geoscape/strategic play but a tactical game that's more like LW. Might be worth trying, at least.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Bolow posted:

This stuff owns though

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > XCOM 2: EXPANSION SOON?

https://www.facebook.com/XCOM/photos/a.331680753522762.86598.112972802060226/1621582097865948/?type=3&theater

LordNat
May 16, 2009

XCom Elder Thing Edition!?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Good.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Zore posted:

Have you considered playing vanilla legendary (which extends the campaign) with some of the class mods (I like the Shadow Ops pack or you can use Spectrum or the Long War Perk Pack) and things like the tier 1.5 laser mod? Or Reality Machina additional mission types? Add in A Better Advent 2 for enemy variety, Grimy's loot mod for some diablo-style loot, and maybe Allies unknown if you want to recruit things like Advent Hybrids.

Nowhere near as involved as Long War, but there are a ton of cool mods that add content.

I'll give that a shot. It's hard to sort through the tons of mods out there to find the good ones, so thanks for the list

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Then they just announce that Phoenix Point got funded.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

*monkey's paw closes another finger*

It's actually just an expansion of the Long War 2 mod.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
XCOM REAL WAR:

Aliens removed as unrealistic, replaced with humans instead

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Fangz posted:

XCOM REAL WAR:

I got some transformers voice packs for my SPARKS and a mod where you can fight humans for intel and other junk. Somehow all the human enemies wound up with Megatron's voice, it was pretty great.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Fangz posted:

XCOM REAL WAR:

This happens retroactively for all your campaigns either failed or victorious, you are now history's greatest war criminal, welcome to Flee the International Courts Simulator 2017

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Pharmaskittle posted:

This happens retroactively for all your campaigns either failed or victorious, you are now history's greatest war criminal, welcome to Flee the International Courts Simulator 2017

This is why you should only play US starts, so you can be immune to international courts forever

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I hope there's morally questionable genetic engineering this time around.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I was hoping really hard before the game released that you'd get up to some super shady poo poo because the ends of saving earth justify any means, but I guess realistically that was never going to happen. At least we get to assassinate collaborators on VIP missions.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
And just as I was about to make a recommended mod list for Xcom 2 but without all the LW2 horseshit, too. Most mods are unfortunately chasing that gdmn Long War money (lol), but I think there's enough that I could cobble together to make a cohesive whole.

Wish I knew scripting well enough to just rip out the lovely stuff from LW2 and keep in the fun stuff. Even being rid of Haven management would be such a huge step in the right direction.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got
I'm ready as heck for X-COM 2: Enemy Vahlen

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Shen shrinks the team down so we can go inside Tygen and fight off all the advent burger cholesterol.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
im ready af to join forces with my dear murderwaifu

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy

Heffer posted:

Shen shrinks the team down so we can go inside Tygen and fight off all the advent burger cholesterol.

Fantastic Voyage: XCOM? I'm into it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hjiVViMuS4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
No, Inner Space. :colbert: