Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Frijolero posted:

Obama's island lover Richard Branson lied about the Absolute Boy

https://twitter.com/DoubleDownNews/status/900296658491236352

has -gate suffixing of scandals infested UK politics, too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Reminder that I was gonna go as a rep for the statewide antifa alliance to try to reassure people that we weren't just bloodthirsty psychos

And now I'm going to have to advocate violence

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

so weve been trying to organize a meeting of local leftist org and there were some problems with the biggest group in the area who are lib as gently caress hijacking it, but we seemed to get it straightened out and scheduled it for tonight and we we're gonna talk about how to take action against Nazis

Then I woke up to a text: "Liberals took over again and are making it "not about action by about self assessment""

FUUUUUUUUCK youuuuuuu

they should bring plenty of comfort sheetcake with american flags to stuff their idiot mouths with too

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Frijolero posted:

this is good and all but I love the stop frame highlight small bit of head, resume, stop frame, highlight small child, resume, stop frame etc.

zegermans posted:

has -gate suffixing of scandals infested UK politics, too?

It's pretty ubiquitous in the anglo world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scandals_with_%22-gate%22_suffix

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Based off of my browsing of that video without sound, I assume traingate was him doing a sit in to protest large amount of seats on trains being reserved and unused by the rich, while the conductors don't allow people to use the seats without paying extra - and the media claimed the seats weren't unreserved?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

so weve been trying to organize a meeting of local leftist org and there were some problems with the biggest group in the area who are lib as gently caress hijacking it, but we seemed to get it straightened out and scheduled it for tonight and we we're gonna talk about how to take action against Nazis

Then I woke up to a text: "Liberals took over again and are making it "not about action by about self assessment""

FUUUUUUUUCK youuuuuuu

Have you and couple of allies use the whole meeting to just poo poo talk the libs. Don't give them even a second to speak, just spend they entire time pointing out everything they've done to stymie actual progressive policies. Hell, make it personal if they're legitimately lovely people.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

FUUUUUUUUCK youuuuuuu

maybe the fbi already infiltrated the group and thats why they kneecap actions

or you're just dealing with morons

this is why solo actors like the Unabomber or McVeigh are a better model for #resist. Its too bad the Weather Underground dissolved

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Bring back the Symbionese Liberation Front!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

got any sevens posted:

maybe the fbi already infiltrated the group and thats why they kneecap actions

or you're just dealing with morons

this is why solo actors like the Unabomber or McVeigh are a better model for #resist. Its too bad the Weather Underground dissolved

It's the second thing. They're a big mostly lib group who are great if you just need bodies to turn up but not much else, but their size makes them more attractive for groups on the fence about who to work with than local chapter of IWW or ISO or whatever

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

zegermans posted:

Based off of my browsing of that video without sound, I assume traingate was him doing a sit in to protest large amount of seats on trains being reserved and unused by the rich, while the conductors don't allow people to use the seats without paying extra - and the media claimed the seats weren't unreserved?

no, he needed to get somewhere, and there were no free seats on the train so he sat in the floor like a lot of other people. a video of this was posted, and the ceo of the train company released fake news claiming corbyn had plenty of places to sit and he was just making a scene for attention. this video shows that rear end in a top hat ceo (who obama is best buds with) was lying

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

zegermans posted:

he was on the train and it was packed, people were sitting on the floor. he makes a video and says this. richard branson gets upset and tweets a pic stating that there were empty seats. 7 months and a foia request later its proved that branson is a lying sack of poo poo.
the media was on corbyn's rear end for an entire news cycle calling him a liar, they will almost certainly not apologize now

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Remember when around this time last year everybody who didn't think that Hillary was God's gift to America could just gently caress off and die because Dear Abuela didn't need their votes anyway?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
#sheetcaking is useful if it means libs stay home and don't get in the way of actual progress

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

gradenko_2000 posted:

#sheetcaking is useful if it means libs stay home and don't get in the way of actual progress

Unfortunately, *gestures at meeting*

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Oh Snapple! posted:

"My only mistake was letting people find out about it"

"It's not illegal unless you're caught" is the American credo

She's very bad at that, yes, maybe don't do that imo

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love that the Dems, the technocratic/tech-savvy Silicon Valley start-up junkies, can't use loving email lol

Hillary, Podesta, De Blasio, bunch of loving illiterate morons

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Frijolero posted:

I love that the Dems, the technocratic/tech-savvy Silicon Valley start-up junkies, can't use loving email lol

its just really symbolic about the luddites imo

like the party could probably use some fresh faces and younger people who are more savvy about technology and social media platforms for instance

but hey its not like its a representative democracy or anything...

too bad we're busy hustling and dyin and not voting because we're busy dying and hustlin while the olds vote our country down into the toilet because they want to live forever and enough time to spare to do that cos they're fkn vampires

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Cerebral Bore posted:

Remember when around this time last year everybody who didn't think that Hillary was God's gift to America could just gently caress off and die because Dear Abuela didn't need their votes anyway?

No and get away from the donuts.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

that sounds good for most areas but sounds unworkable for high crime places. then again the current method isnt working either

the traditional method isnt perfect. it does have some problems scaling to the massive population densities in places like NYC. but in general, the reason crime is high in "high-crime places" is due to underlying social and economic causes. but fixing those social and economic causes would require redistributing wealth and breaking down much of our class system, so instead we invented police forces to try to intimidate the poor into submission instead

these "high crime places" are high-crime because of poverty, pervasive lack of opportunity, and a population relegated to being essentially second-class citizens hated by the law. fix those and we don't need cops

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

"Every day I was a candidate for president, I knew that millions of people were counting on me. And I couldn't bear the idea of letting them down," she writes. "But I did. I couldn't get the job done. And I'll have to live with that for the rest of my life."

so many people were depending on me that I couldn't bear the thought of letting them down, so I took off the month after the party convention to just chill in chappaqua.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The Nastier Nate posted:

Giving your money to the DNC is about as useful as putting in a paper bag and setting it on fire.

Give it directly to good candidates, and even that's hard enough.

specifically only give it to DSA backed candidates

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
is there like a term in the dictionary for a martyr that blames other people

like thats a fair contradiction innit :thunk:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Lastgirl posted:

is there like a term in the dictionary for a martyr that blames other people

like thats a fair contradiction innit :thunk:

sociopath

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Cerebral Bore posted:

Most people were kinda cheesed that folks couldn't put away their salt shakers to either vote against or not vote for a manchild fascist.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Frijolero posted:

so does this mean that Corbyn's opponents are going to admit they were wrong about his train policy, or did they pre-emptively move the goal posts with "even if what he said is true, then"

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

long run it might pick off a few with diabetic shock?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Frijolero posted:

all these people are old and well-connected

they don't do technology themselves, they have other people to do it for them. but that doesn't mean they're gonna change the way they do things

also, they're all career politicians who constantly hop around from position to position

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

zegermans posted:

Most people were kinda cheesed that folks couldn't put away their salt shakers to either vote against or not vote for a manchild fascist.

welcome to the human condition, hope you enjoy the ride

on one side, you have one supposedly very responsible person who refuses to do the bare minimum to get people out to vote for her cause "they should just vote for me to avoid trump!"

on the other, you have people who are not perfectly rational robots and who never have been or will be

guess who shoulders the lion's share of blame for not adapting? (hint: it's not the masses!)

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

what's up with DeBlasio hate, from what I can tell he's the only mayor of a town >100k people whose mouth isn't a police union dick holster?

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

zegermans posted:

what's up with DeBlasio hate, from what I can tell he's the only mayor of a town >100k people whose mouth isn't a police union dick holster?

Because he's presided over replacing stop and frisk with arrest quotas which have led to nearly a million false arrests.

https://medium.com/@ShaunKing/soul-snatchers-how-the-nypds-42nd-precinct-the-bronx-da-s-office-and-the-city-of-new-york-7454a5a43924

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Iron Twinkie posted:

Because he's presided over replacing stop and frisk with arrest quotas which have led to nearly a million false arrests.

https://medium.com/@ShaunKing/soul-snatchers-how-the-nypds-42nd-precinct-the-bronx-da-s-office-and-the-city-of-new-york-7454a5a43924

Liberals sure love quotas.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Quotas are means tested

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
deblasio isn't going anywhere politically post-nyc, nobody likes him

which is unfortunate because cuomo is much worse and a deblasio success would spite him bigly, which would make me so happy

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/900365449937903617

quote:

The upshot of all this is for the fourth month in a row we find a plurality of voters in support of impeaching Trump- 48% say he should be impeached to 41% who disagree. And there continues to be a significant yearning for a return to the days of President Obama- 52% of voters say they wish Obama was still President to only 39% who prefer having Trump in the White House.

Trump continues to trail both Bernie Sanders (51/38) and Joe Biden (51/39) by double digits in possible 2020 match ups. PPP never found Hillary Clinton up by more than 7 points on Trump in 2016. Sanders and Biden each win over 12-14% of the folks who voted for Trump last year. Also leading Trump in hypothetical contests at this point are Elizabeth Warren (45/40), Mark Cuban (42/38), and Cory Booker and Trump Twitter Target Richard Blumenthal (42/39). Trump ties Kamala Harris at 39% each and John Delaney at 38% each.

Generally speaking just 57% of Republicans want Trump to be the party's nominee again in 2020 to 29% who say they would prefer someone else. That 28 point margin for Trump against 'someone else' is the same as his 28 point lead over Mike Pence at 52/24. Both Ted Cruz (a 40 point deficit to Trump at 62/22) and John Kasich (a 47 point deficit to Trump at 68/21) are evidently weaker potential opponents than 'someone else.'

loving laughing that the frontrunner for 2020 prez candidate is the one who polls worst against Trump, doing so poorly that even after Charlottesville, he only polls neck-and-neck with him

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Main Paineframe posted:

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/900365449937903617

loving laughing that the frontrunner for 2020 prez candidate is the one who polls worst against Trump, doing so poorly that even after Charlottesville, he only polls neck-and-neck with him

Yeah, but that's only because right-wingers have had decades to hone their attacks against Kamala Harris, whereas Bernie Sanders would immediately get clobbered as soon as he became the focus of attention

oh wait

turns out I was thinking of Hillary Clinton, because she also tied Trump, and Kamala Harris is the closest thing we'll ever have to an experimental control of how Hillary Clinton's run would be received without the decades that preceded it

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

how are Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders not 2020 front runners? Harris is obviously running but acting like she's gonna somehow magically win in spite of few people liking her kinda wreaks of thinking the same thing got Clinton the nomination when a lot of folks genuinely liked her.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I really hope sanders runs and wins the nomination - partially because a biden/trump race would not be good for my health because I can already see the Biden gaffetronic 5000 narrative taking hold vs. loving trump

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Main Paineframe posted:

the traditional method isnt perfect. it does have some problems scaling to the massive population densities in places like NYC. but in general, the reason crime is high in "high-crime places" is due to underlying social and economic causes. but fixing those social and economic causes would require redistributing wealth and breaking down much of our class system, so instead we invented police forces to try to intimidate the poor into submission instead

these "high crime places" are high-crime because of poverty, pervasive lack of opportunity, and a population relegated to being essentially second-class citizens hated by the law. fix those and we don't need cops

yeah im not disagreeing w/ any of that just that any push for cutting back on cops is gonna get the 'but what about all the murders in austin and auburn gresham' and whatnot . which go unsolved anyways but no one wants to admit why (utter lack of trust w/ cops, said economic issues, etc)

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

where the gently caress IS Blasio exactly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Main Paineframe posted:

we still need police but uhh they definitely should not be armies

mastershakeman posted:

yeah im not disagreeing w/ any of that just that any push for cutting back on cops is gonna get the 'but what about all the murders in austin and auburn gresham' and whatnot . which go unsolved anyways but no one wants to admit why (utter lack of trust w/ cops, said economic issues, etc)

ya we have huge cultural issues where we think criminals should be punished and we believe in exceptionalism when exceptionalism is actually class x luck x some amount of hard work and class is the most important factor. because of our seething love for exceptionalism, we pardon the crimes of the rich. its a really good con. imo because we believe in exceptionalism, we dont put the blame on crime on other factors, and thus think more and more powerful officers is the solution because crime is something you choose to do because you're bad and have ultimate power over your own destiny; in reality these people are just poorly educated, hungry, or are aspirational but see no other way out of the system...

anime was right has issued a correction as of 18:06 on Aug 23, 2017

• Locked thread