Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Chris Ivory, Jonathon Stewart, Brandin Cooks and Vincent Jackson. Standard league, I need to fill an RB spot and my flex. Leaning the first two, but I feel like Cooks has a huge game in him. Thoughts?

Full Metal Jackass posted:

John Brown vs. Saints

or

Yeldon vs. Carolina

PPR
Brown in PPR.

TubeStank posted:

idp league and my rbs are a tire fire because of taking watt in the first round

RB2:

I. Crowell @ NYJ
M. Gordon v. DET
R. Jennings @ DAL

I dropped the ball big time by not playing Williams last night.
For me its Jennings because I think he has the best chance of getting in the endzone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

cheese posted:

Chris Ivory, Jonathon Stewart, Brandin Cooks and Vincent Jackson. Standard league, I need to fill an RB spot and my flex. Leaning the first two, but I feel like Cooks has a huge game in him. Thoughts?

Brown in PPR.

For me its Jennings because I think he has the best chance of getting in the endzone.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of those first three. I might prefer Ivory and Cooks, but it seems crazy to sit Stewart when Cam has no one to throw to and they're playing Jags. Who else is going to put up offense on the Panthers?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

RVProfootballer posted:

I don't think you can go wrong with any of those first three. I might prefer Ivory and Cooks, but it seems crazy to sit Stewart when Cam has no one to throw to and they're playing Jags. Who else is going to put up offense on the Panthers?

Ted Ginn Jr

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I don't know whether to start Tanny, Bradford or Stafford. Tough choice

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

zimbomonkey posted:

bradford has the highest chance of a shootout.

tanny is facing a really bad team all around.

stafford is seeing a pretty decent team but has the best weapons.

i'd go bradford due to the matchup, but if you feel like playing risk then i would go stafford. tanny is the safest pick.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

zimbomonkey posted:

I would probably go with Bradford, followed closely by Tannehill. This is coming from a Stafford owner as well. Of those two, I think Tanny is the safer play with Bradford having much higher upside in my opinion.

Also, I remember when I suggested that your shakytar could benefit from googly eyes. I still stand by this statement.

Evi|Sycho
Sep 9, 2001

Sexy Time!
Of the following I need a WR2 and a Flex. ESPN Std 0PPR:

WR Nelson Agholor @ Atl
WR Stevie Johnson vs DET

WR Amari Cooper vs Cin
RB Tevin Coleman vs Phi
WR Kendall Wright @TB

I feel like a little crazy for sitting Amari Cooper for Agholor and Johnson, but the Chargers utilized the slot a TON last year and Johnson will likely benefit from Gates & Ladarius Green out, and then Agholor is in a Chip Kelly offense vs. a terrible. D.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Evi|Sycho posted:

Of the following I need a WR2 and a Flex. ESPN Std 0PPR:

WR Nelson Agholor @ Atl
WR Stevie Johnson vs DET

WR Amari Cooper vs Cin
RB Tevin Coleman vs Phi
WR Kendall Wright @TB

I feel like a little crazy for sitting Amari Cooper for Agholor and Johnson, but the Chargers utilized the slot a TON last year and Johnson will likely benefit from Gates & Ladarius Green out, and then Agholor is in a Chip Kelly offense vs. a terrible. D.

I hate the Raiders, but I am through the roof high on Amari Cooper this year, especially if the Raiders defense still sucks and they are forced to throw to compete. There's also some good garbage time possibility since they are playing the Bengals who are theoretically much better.

There's a strong possibility that all 3 of those players finish within 1-2 pts of each other anyways.

zimbomonkey posted:

You're in for a weekly headache rostering all 3 of these guys, but I'd roll Bradford out.

coronaball fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Sep 12, 2015

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
I agree with the person above me on all accounts just to reinforce

jlim
Jan 6, 2005
Loyal to Bun
Anyone want to help me pick my flex?

1 PPR

RB Latavius Murray vs Cin
RB Chris Ivory vs Cle
WR Anquan Boldin vs Min
WR John Brown vs NO

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Yay fantasy football. Already stressing out about which two of Mike Evans, Yeldon, Roddy White, and Smith Sr. to start. .5 PPR.

Rorobb fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Sep 12, 2015

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I think Evans and Smith is the smart money because even an "decoy' Evans is probably just as effective as White and I probably wouldn't play Yeldon vs. Carolina in his first career start.

jlim posted:

1 PPR

RB Chris Ivory vs Cle
WR Anquan Boldin vs Min
WR John Brown vs NO

This one's tough, I think Ivory has the highest floor, and Murray the highest ceiling, with Brown getting a bump into somewhere between the two because of full PPR. My gut says Ivory, but any three could yield some good results. Are you already down/up from Thursday? If you're already up and just need guaranteed points, I'd go Ivory; if you're down big, I'd give some thought to Murray/Brown.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Since evans might be decoy this week should i start watkins over him?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Metapod posted:

Ehh, I'd probably still go Evans. Watkins has Tyrod Taylor, Vontae Davis, and Rex Ryan working against him. Evans is his team's first option, Tennessee is not at all a scary defense, and yeah Jameis is a shaky rookie but I'd still rather have him feeding my fantasy WRs than Taylor. Apparently Evans "felt fine" after Friday's practice, so I'd plan on starting him even if he's questionable.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Metapod posted:

Stick with evans.

jlim posted:

1 PPR

RB Chris Ivory vs Cle
WR Anquan Boldin vs Min
WR John Brown vs NO

Either Murray or brown with leaning towards brown.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
1PPR

I currently have R.White in for T.Yeldon. I figure the potent run defense of Carolina will prevent Yeldon from getting the end zone. This decision is complicated by the fact that I also have A.Robinson starting. So I think I should roll with R.White instead of Yeldon. Good move?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Are folks starting Alshon this week?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Forever_Peace posted:

Are folks starting Alshon this week?

I will be, with confidence

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

RVProfootballer posted:

I'm having almost the same problem. Can't decide between cooks and stewart for my flex in my standard 0PPR league.

I don't think I can go wrong with either of them but drat if it isn't a tough decision.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I think Stewart has a better chance of getting into the endzone, but Cooks could have a huge game and even in 0PPR, I think he's a weekly starter.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I think Stewart has a better chance of getting into the endzone, but Cooks could have a huge game and even in 0PPR, I think he's a weekly starter.

I think it's close, but Arizona is a decent defense too. And standard vs. 1 PPR makes such a huge huge difference, especially for someone like Cooks. Cooks could go for 1300 yards and if he only scores a handful of touchdowns (let's say 4), he'll be outperformed by a lot of real life starting RBs. JStew could put up 1000 total yards and if he gets 9 TDs, he'll outscore that hypothetical Cooks on the year. This week, I just don't see who else is getting a TD on the Panthers besides Stewart (e: Olsen I guess, and maybe Newton running one in :shobon:). If he can go at least 60 yards and a TD, he's overwhelmingly likely to outscore Cooks against Arizona, yeah?

FWIW, Fantasy Pros in standard scoring has 90% of experts preferring JStew to Cooks, in half PPR it's a toss up with 56% in favor of Cooks, and full PPR it's 98% in favor of Cooks. I think in standard, you have to go with the RB1 against a weak run defense over the target machine who is unlikely to find the endzone.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Sep 12, 2015

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Maybe I'm just gunshy because I do not trust Stewart and I seem to recall rumblings that Cam was going to run more this season and if he will, then I'm going to consider him Carolina's goalline back until further notice. I do think that the TD chance matters more in standard, I guess I just have a personal bias toward Stewart. I could see him scoring anywhere from 5.5-20 points while Cooks is probably going to get at least 8-11.

e: I would be willing to bet that if Cooks does manage to find his way into the endzone, that he would definitely outscore Stewart.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Sep 12, 2015

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Speaking of Cam:

Should I start Cam Newton (@ JAX) or Teddy Bridgewater (@ SF)?

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
.25 PPR, Colston vs. ARI or Kendell Wright vs. TB?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'd play Wright over Colston in any format, let alone PPR

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I'd play Wright over Colston in any format, let alone PPR

Yep

jlim
Jan 6, 2005
Loyal to Bun

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I think Evans and Smith is the smart money because even an "decoy' Evans is probably just as effective as White and I probably wouldn't play Yeldon vs. Carolina in his first career start.

This one's tough, I think Ivory has the highest floor, and Murray the highest ceiling, with Brown getting a bump into somewhere between the two because of full PPR. My gut says Ivory, but any three could yield some good results. Are you already down/up from Thursday? If you're already up and just need guaranteed points, I'd go Ivory; if you're down big, I'd give some thought to Murray/Brown.

Thanks. I had Edelman go Thursday night and my opponent hasn't had anyone play yet. I think Murray has the highest upside but I think Ivory is the safest choice and probably going to roll with him.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Who should I start in my second flex (no PPR): Desean vs MIA or Benny Cunningham (if he starts) vs SEA. Obviously both are going against strong D's but I am worried about Desean getting shut down

Sleazy P
Aug 31, 2006
Giving aids back to the monkeys.
Thinking I'm going to start Landry over Hopkins in a standard format based on that cake matchup with Washington. Bad move?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Arctic Baldwin posted:

Who should I start in my second flex (no PPR): Desean vs MIA or Benny Cunningham (if he starts) vs SEA. Obviously both are going against strong D's but I am worried about Desean getting shut down

I guess in no PPR, I might go Cunningham if Mason is out. But really I don't expect much from him, and DJax could easily have a typical 2 catches for 80 yards and blow out Benny's production. I dunno, neither is particularly appealing, but I'd probably lean Jackson.

Sleazy P posted:

Thinking I'm going to start Landry over Hopkins in a standard format based on that cake matchup with Washington. Bad move?

I don't think it's indefensible, but Hopkins should get a ton of targets while Landry has a lot more competition. Even in full PPR, I think most rankings have Hopkins firmly ahead, and further ahead in standard. I get the appeal of Landry against that weak defense, but Hopkins is his team's only option really.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Sep 13, 2015

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

RVProfootballer posted:

I guess in no PPR, I might go Cunningham if Mason is out. But really I don't expect much from him, and DJax could easily have a typical 2 catches for 80 yards and blow out Benny's production. I dunno, neither is particularly appealing, but I'd probably lean Jackson.

In that case, I may have to go Anquan vs MIN. He should get a bunch of dumb bullshit targets and get into some shouting matches

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Pick 2

1 PPR

Chris Ivory vs. Cleveland
Danny Woodhead vs. Detroit
T.J. Yeldon vs. Carolina
Tevin Coleman vs. Phi

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?

Keith Atherton posted:

Speaking of Cam:

I'd go with Teddy. I think he'll be good this year, and Cam's receiving corps is barely NFL-quality.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

von Metternich posted:

I'd go with Teddy. I think he'll be good this year, and Cam's receiving corps is barely NFL-quality.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Cam has wheels which could be a factor but he doesn't seem to have any targets.

My first time playing fantasy ever (standard 12 person Yahoo league) and I did a real stupid thing by drafting Newton and then getting Bridgewater who I learned today has the same bye week as Newton. I think I'm screwed as Bortles is the only available QB right now. I guess I'll wait a while and see if someone becomes available in the next few weeks?

Learning a lot but making rookie mistakes. The big other one was dropping Fred Jackson when the Bills cut him, not realizing I still owned him even though he was cut.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Rueben Randle or Smith Sr. in PPR?

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I'd go with Smith.

.5 PPR, start 2 RBs and one FLEX

Latavius Murray vs Cin
Ameer Abdullah @SD

Darren McFadden vs NYG
TJ Yeldon vs Car
Jarvis Landry @Wsh
Kendall Wright @TB
Stevie Johnson vs Det

I already have a 13 point cushion (thank you, Gronk) so I don't necessarily need a homerun here.

--

e, one more: .5 PPR, one FLEX

Jordan Mathews @Atl
Ameer Abdullah @SD
Jarvis Landry @Was
Darren McFadden vs NYG

Zypher fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Sep 13, 2015

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Keith Atherton posted:

Speaking of Cam:

This is a close one. I think Cam gets a rushing TD and probably one passing but SF is terrible and I like Teddy this year.

I think they both put up similar scores but I would roll with Teddy.

Zypher posted:

I'd go with Smith.

.5 PPR, start 2 RBs and one FLEX

Latavius Murray vs Cin
Ameer Abdullah @SD

Darren McFadden vs NYG
TJ Yeldon vs Car
Jarvis Landry @Wsh
Kendall Wright @TB
Stevie Johnson vs Det

I already have a 13 point cushion (thank you, Gronk) so I don't necessarily need a homerun here.

Call me crazy but I would start McFadden over Landry. He will get some receptions and I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being the main back this game(I own Randle in a few leagues too :(). As a giants fan I think Dallas is going to score a lot of points sunday.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Sep 13, 2015

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Brownhat posted:

Rueben Randle or Smith Sr. in PPR?

Smith sr.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I disagree. Cruz is out and OBJ will draw double coverage all game. I think Randle has a big game. 70/1TD isn't out of the question. Then again Oakland D is pretty porous. I still say Randle scores more fantasy points. I also like Donnell this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
12 teams, standard scoring, no PPR.

Need a flex.

TJ Yeldon vs Carolina
Alfred Blue vs KC
Stevie Johnson vs Det
Charles Johnson @ SF
Kendall Wright @ TB

I asked this one earlier and temporarily settled on Charles Johnson. But now I'm down big because I'm facing Gronk, and Lardarius Green likely isn't playing. Is Stevie the better play now?

• Locked thread