Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Xaranthius posted:

These are the same thing, separated by six years.

They are hot water tank anodes.

what's a hot water tank anode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Not much, what’s a hot water tank anode with you?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Wizard Master posted:

-Dogs like squeaky toys because it remind them of a small animal being killed."

This one is fake as hell lol

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

kalel posted:

what's a hot water tank anode

I had to look it up because that picture was confusing as hell. It's just a rod of metal that goes in your water tank and attracts the different minerals or whatever that cause corrosion. It basically sacrifices itself so that the tank itself doesn't corrode, then you replace it.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
this is real ancient roman graffiti depicting the average penis size of the time, approximately six and a half feet long with testicles about the size of a man's head

Ror posted:

I had to look it up because that picture was confusing as hell. It's just a rod of metal that goes in your water tank

when i have a sounding session I rarely reach all the way to the bladder, that is quite impressive

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

QuarkJets posted:

This one is fake as hell lol

One time I helped someone who'd hit a rabbit with their car put the critter in a box to take to a wild animal clinic. It wasn't too bad off, definitely could be saved. It squeaked just like a dog toy.
If you have to stomach for it, look up the sound of a rabbit in pain/distress. It's almost the same sound as a squeaky toy.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Mr.Chill posted:

Which is nothing when considering the Toba Catastrophe during the Stone Age which brought us down to something between 3,000 and 10,000 worldwide, causing a 'genetic bottleneck'.

Even more hosed up: That theory has been discredited for at least a decade but is still making the rounds on the internet

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

W*zard master

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

hamsters contain as much blood as a human erection

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
More, if you count the blood that was in the hamster to start with.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
hosed up fact #69: wizards are all anarchists and acknowledge neither gods nor masters.

Rebel Blob posted:

Fine. :sigh:

Bold uses historical observations to estimate 3.5 horses on average per Mongol warrior and that there were 120,000 such warriors in 1210. So 420,000 horses used militarily. He works out using modern Mongolian horse population breakdowns that this would be about 30% of the horse population. For a total estimated Mongolian horse population of 1,400,000 in the 13th century.

The total number of estimated livestock (camel/horse/cow/sheep/goat) in 1210 Mongolia is only ~15 million.

You are a darling.

Mooey Cow posted:

Even more hosed up: That theory has been discredited for at least a decade but is still making the rounds on the internet

Am I correct in thinking that it's just the part about the volcanic eruption being the cause of the bottleneck that's been discredited?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Once I was taught to use the toilet as a child I have never poo poo my pants.

Yeah, that's pretty hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

syntaxfunction posted:

Once I was taught to use the toilet as a child I have never poo poo my pants.

Yeah, that's pretty hosed up.

:hfive: