Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Working in the mall on Christmas radicalized me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Jelly posted:

I worked at a mall in Houston, making coffee drinks for Christmas shoppers.

I have never been treated so poorly in my life. I had to take regular breaks to go into the back room and cry.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

just some christians in the holiday spirit, yall

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jelly posted:

You have my sword.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

redshirt posted:

You have my sword.

and my bow

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Christmas makes all the children happy. And that is not. good.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
my kids look real cute next to the tree :)

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i dont really think childrens happiness is worth the soulsucking consumerism that defines the holiday and victimizes a good portion of workers, in particular since if you wanted to lie to your children about where gifts come from, nothing is stopping you from doing it in july

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
Christmas owns. I love disappointing people by spending time with everyone, driving around all day, and yet it's never enough lmao

Although if I get to go for a swim in the arvo it may be okay

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Worf posted:

i dont really think childrens happiness is worth the soulsucking consumerism that defines the holiday and victimizes a good portion of workers, in particular since if you wanted to lie to your children about where gifts come from, nothing is stopping you from doing it in july

grinch alert

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Worf posted:

Counterpoint: children's happiness is priceless, therefore worth it

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Dokapon Findom posted:

Counterpoint: children's happiness is priceless, therefore worth it

counter-counterpoint: it's possible to make children happy without making life hell for retail workers and/or buying mountains of useless poo poo.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

cruft posted:

counter-counterpoint: it's possible to make children happy without making life hell for retail workers and/or buying mountains of useless poo poo.

I don't understand the fixation on useless poo poo. Just buy poo poo that's useful instead!

I served customers for years but I never hated them. I just said "thank you for your business"

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Dokapon Findom posted:

I don't understand the fixation on useless poo poo. Just buy poo poo that's useful instead!

I served customers for years but I never hated them. I just said "thank you for your business"

I didn't hate my customers either. But some of them made me cry. :shrug:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

cruft posted:

LEGO is not useless. it is fun

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

kntfkr posted:

LEGO is not useless. it is fun

Okay!

My 19-year-old daughter does not need another "learn macrame" kit, though.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Maybe when I wrote "mountains of useless poo poo", y'all thought I meant 100% of gifts were useless poo poo.

I didn't mean that. I meant, like, okay.

Last night, we opened grandma's presents early, because we knew we weren't going to want many of them. Of the 14 items shipped to us, we kept the flashlight. Everything else got re-packaged into something that would protect it but make it obvious from sight what was inside, and dropped into the donation box. Hopefully somebody else will want these still-in-original-packaging items, because I don't need 12 pairs of tube socks, ms cruft doesn't need three of the style of shirt her sister wore 20 years ago, and jr doesn't need a Klutz™ Beaded Bracelet making kit in college.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

kntfkr posted:

grinch alert

you're in the angry about christmas thread getting triggered by people that are on topic

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Roleplaying Dad posted:

My family always went out to eat for thanksgiving; no having to make 15 trips to the grocery store, no dishes, everybody got to eat what they wanted (including vegetarians, keto, gluten free people), but then I met my husband and he declared that was an unacceptable way to do Thanksgiving, and now I'm in charge of grocery shopping, cooking, decorating/undecorating, cleaning, buying welcome and good bye gifts, and running back and forth to the airport for 12 people over a four day weekend. He cooks a loving turkey. 🙄

If your husband wants a big, homemade Thanksgiving feast with tons of guests, he needs to be the one doing the work. He can be in charge of all the bullshit he deems necessary for an "acceptable" Thanksgiving, and you can take yourself out for a nice meal.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I hope to receive lots and lots of useless poo poo this year.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Worf posted:

you're in the angry about christmas thread getting triggered by people that are on topic

Dude accept the praise when you get it

loving Christmas dude

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Karate Bastard posted:

loving Christmas dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avmNCwY16Ps

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

"Useless" is also a pretty uncharitable word for a gift. It's up to you to find a use for it, not for the gift-giver to anticipate your every want and need. Goons are babies

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Dokapon Findom posted:

"Useless" is also a pretty uncharitable word for a gift. It's up to you to find a use for it, not for the gift-giver to anticipate your every want and need. Goons are babies

if you need to convene a council to find a use for a gift, it is at best, bad, and a fair bet that its useless to the recipient.

calling that out may sound uncharitable, but it can certainly be accurate.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Karate Bastard posted:

Dude accept the praise when you get it

a compliment is nothing but a verbal christmas present and i wont have it

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Dokapon Findom posted:

Similar to how big baby China stopped accepting the United States' gift of to-be-recycled materials!

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Santa Claus oppresses the proletariat.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Worf posted:

if you need to convene a council to find a use for a gift, it is at best, bad, and a fair bet that its useless to the recipient.

calling that out may sound uncharitable, but it can certainly be accurate.

I will convene said council if you all make me.

Don't make me!!

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Linux Pirate posted:

Post itt the pro-labor literature you're using to radicalize the elf on your shelf :hehe:

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I bought my wife an ice maker, and if providing frosty beverages all year round isn’t spreading cheer I don’t know what is.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*bangs gavel

Dismissed

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
It feels like it's about 50/50 any flight you book gets cancelled that day.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

All the pilots are home with their families where they should be...

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

cruft posted:

I'm not sure it is.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Because I am a failure in the genetic, conventional sense. I have no wife, no kids, I never will, I never will have that stereotypical Christmas morning where me and the wife have been up all night getting it ready, and the Son and Daughter come down the stairs of our well appointed home to cries of joy as the lad sees the Millennium Falcon playset, and the Daughter walks out back to meet her new pony....

Christmas reminds me of all that I am not, that I don't have, that I tell myself "I don't want", but is that true?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

cruft posted:

Okay!

My 19-year-old daughter does not need another "learn macrame" kit, though.

i work for a company that sells those dumbass kits (probably lower quality than the ones your daughter gets) so I'm happy to hear people actually buy them

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

redshirt posted:

Because I am a failure in the genetic, conventional sense. I have no wife, no kids, I never will, I never will have that stereotypical Christmas morning where me and the wife have been up all night getting it ready, and the Son and Daughter come down the stairs of our well appointed home to cries of joy as the lad sees the Millennium Falcon playset, and the Daughter walks out back to meet her new pony....

Christmas reminds me of all that I am not, that I don't have, that I tell myself "I don't want", but is that true?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1ALzsH-yRs

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Santa giving out gifts to good boys and girls and pure ownage to everyone else

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Linux Pirate posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

That explains the kid in the black Santa suit at FYE.