Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kazr
Jan 28, 2005

When someone's days off from work are in the middle of the week and they refer to Wednesday as "it's my Friday!"

uuuuuggh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

kazr posted:

When someone's days off from work are in the middle of the week and they refer to Wednesday as "it's my Friday!"

uuuuuggh

I'm with you friend, when that one girl on my facebook posts TGI(m)F every single loving week I want to strangle her.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I also don't like 'period' as a word for menstruation. I just don't like euphemisms in general.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Grevling posted:

I also don't like 'period' as a word for menstruation. I just don't like euphemisms in general.

Better that than saying on the rag like my ex

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

I work in a related industry and I know engineers that say this. Some of them even know it's wrong and don't care.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Grevling posted:

It's better than the "aunt flo", "red sea", "red wedding" bullshit.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Grevling posted:

"For dessert we have Bananas Fost-"

EXCUSE ME.
THEY ARE CLONED FRUIT OF THE BANANA SHRUB, SERVED ALONG SIDE CHILLED, STIRRED, DAIRY INTO WHICH HAS BEEN INCORPORATED MADAGASCAR VANILLA BEAN. RUM HAS BEEN POURED ONTO THE DISH AND SET ALIGHT FOR THE ENHANCED SPECTACLE AND ENJOYMENT OF THE CONSUMER. PLEASE REFER TO THE DISH PROPERLY. -- You. A goon.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Super Grocery Kart posted:

I work in a related industry and I know engineers that say this. Some of them even know it's wrong and don't care.

I'm a nuclear contractor for outage refueling at plants so I work a lot with some really dumb guys sometimes and I hate this more than you can possibly imagine.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

"Slacks" for pants
"Babe" for significant other
Adding an unnecessary "s" at the end of words like in "checkings account"

Gotta go to the Walmarts

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

My own sin is I will never stop saying sammich.

Suck it, nerds.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

yeah I eat rear end posted:

It's better than the "aunt flo", "red sea", "red wedding" bullshit.

Counterpoint: Shark Week

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

meet girls at the store posted:

Counterpoint: Shark Week

I can detect the faintest hint of chum in the water for miles

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Grevling posted:

What about reverse euphemisms?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Saying "mediocracy" when they mean "mediocrity".

Cymoril
Jul 1, 2005

Kittens Warm the World
Dinosaur Gum
Libtard

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I have never heard someone playing unironically

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

grand... there's a word i really hate, it's a phony - i could puke every time i hear it

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Supreme Allah posted:

'it is what it is'

What the gently caress. You've said nothing. Just stay quiet.

fun fact: people who don't like this phrase are actually morons. just pure lol if you can't understand the nuanced and complex meaning behind this phrase and dismiss it as meaningless. maybe try Hooked On Phonics or something a little more at the level of your intellect

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

They are actually just racist

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Turdsdown Tom posted:

fun fact: people who don't like this phrase are actually morons. just pure lol if you can't understand the nuanced and complex meaning behind this phrase and dismiss it as meaningless. maybe try Hooked On Phonics or something a little more at the level of your intellect

agreed

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

awful, tinny words like "newspaper," "litter bin," and "tit"

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Excelzior posted:

yeah no

as in "Wanna go do (activity?" "Yean no I'd rather not"

This has become pretty much a universal verbal tic for some reason.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

awful, tinny words like "newspaper," "litter bin," and "tit"

Newspaper? :confused:

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Near miss had always irked me until Carlin brought it up in his routine. Also, using the word tinkle for going to the restroom.

And as much as I hate corporate lingo I catch myself using it on occasion. It's infectious!

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

moose face posted:

Newspaper? :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gwXJsWHupg

mrhappytongue
Oct 13, 2003

by Lowtax
please do the needful

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

omg i missed a pyrhon reference....

/facesmack

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

moose face posted:

omg i missed a pyrhon reference....

/facesmack

on an unrelated note, monty python references

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Turdsdown Tom posted:

I beg to differ.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Rock My Socks! posted:

on an unrelated note, monty python references

i agree with this if it's the dead parrot sketch, the lumberjack song, or anything from the holy grail. their other stuff that hasn't been quoted to death is still funny imo

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

I just circumvent all of that "bathroom\washroom" bullshit and say I gotta hit the head.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I know bespoke is a word but it sounds like one of those dumb faux AAVE neologisms that white kids overuse

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

"I love you"

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

"discussing in good faith" makes me cringe every time i see holy moly

yea buddy the reason you're losing an argument on the internet is cause the other guy is discussing in "bad faith" ahah

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Ned? Ned Ryerson?

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Woah. It's spelled whoa.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Honky Dong Country posted:

E: And pacific instead of specific. SON OF A BITCH.

Came here to post that, got beaten.

Fleek
Fleek is retarded.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
People who use "woman" as an adjective (woman artist, woman marine biologist, etc.). "Females" as a noun is creepy and dehumanizing, but "female" is a perfectly valid adjective and "woman" in that context is an annoying overcorrection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
"ow ow stop hitting me that hurts."

• Locked thread