Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I worked with this guy who would call toilet paper poo poo tickets. Its as if toilet paper wasnt in his vocabulary at all and he could only say poo poo tickets. It made me cringe every time.

also when people say furthermore, ladies and gentlemen and moist. what else can be added to the list?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Nothingburger

Meatwolfe
Oct 31, 2011
I hate "yaaaaassssssss" whatever the gently caress it is, shits obnoxious as hell.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
friend of the family

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Meatwolfe posted:

I hate "yaaaaassssssss" whatever the gently caress it is, shits obnoxious as hell.

Yaaaaaaasssss

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Meatwolfe posted:

I dont understand. Just this elongated yes but yas?

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Nooner posted:

friend of the family

Yeah i dont hear people use this word very often

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
For some reason it bothers me when people say "baby" with nothing in front of it. For example "Fun things for you and baby to do" or "how to keep baby happy". People wouldn't say "fun things to do with wife" so I'm not sure why it's different for (a) baby.

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
What about 'ladies and gentlemen' annoys you? Seems pretty innocuous and also useful in certain situations, like if you needed to get the attention of a group made up of men and also women.

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

For some reason it bothers me when people say "baby" with nothing in front of it. For example "Fun things for you and baby to do" or "how to keep baby happy". People wouldn't say "fun things to do with wife" so I'm not sure why it's different for (a) baby.

That seems kinda antiquated - I don't think people say that very often anymore. None of this bringing up baby, baby's day out bullshit.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Two Free Toppings posted:

That seems kinda antiquated - I don't think people say that very often anymore. None of this bringing up baby, baby's day out bullshit.

No people still do this my wife does all the time i have never really thought about it but it does seem antiquated doesnt it

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE

moose face posted:

No people still do this my wife does all the time i have never really thought about it but it does seem antiquated doesnt it

Yeah - I still refuse to see that Clint Eastwood movie until they change its name to Million Dollar A Baby like it should be.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

moose face posted:

No people still do this my wife does all the time

Have you tried hitting her?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pork steaks
May 30, 2017

a lovely boy
sweetie

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I mostly get annoyed when someone goes off on a self indulgent tangent and wraps it up with

But I digress.

Yeah I had no idea you were digressing thanks.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
"You think?" when used sarcastically. That one really pisses me off if it's directed at me - probably more than the speaker intends.

"Yeah it is" and the like when the accent is on "yeah" and the person is agreeing with you. The inflection makes it sound like the person is disagreeing with you. It's weird.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

scrubs season six posted:

Have you tried hitting her?

No thats horrible

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Moist is a cool word srry op. :frogout:

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
any time someone uses a word with a vowel in it i get rill angry

i also hate it when people string words into sentences, it's almost as if they are trying to say things

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
When people say whomst. I have an acquaintance on fb that on a daily basis asks whomst will give them money for kratom or buy them pizza.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Proactive. You can be reactive or active, you dumb as gently caress middle managers

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
My dogs hurt/are barking

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Retardog posted:

Proactive. You can be reactive or active, you dumb as gently caress middle managers

I kind of get it though. It means someone who is active in a positive way as opposed to someone being just active which has rhe connotation of something that is engaged in some sort of activity in general

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
"I don't love you, Pick. Please leave me alone."

wtf????????!!?!?

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
'it is what it is'

What the gently caress. You've said nothing. Just stay quiet.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Supreme Allah posted:

'it is what it is'

What the gently caress. You've said nothing. Just stay quiet.

this is actually an extremely good phrase, since it captures an important notion "i have no control over how this plays out so i'm just going to focus on dealing with it"

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
"cummies"

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Retardog posted:

Propassive. :smug:

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
get me a glass of warter

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Basically any time someone uses more than 140 characters in a statement my brain explodes.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Pick posted:

this is actually an extremely good phrase, since it captures an important notion "i have no control over how this plays out so i'm just going to focus on dealing with it"

Yeah i agree i use it all the time. Sometimes i say kama yasha' allah instead but its the same sentiment

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
As a non native speaker - English is my third language - I am never able wrap my head around two very common phrases. One is 'to reference', the other 'to come with'.

For the first, I knew the verb 'to refer (to)' and the noun 'a reference (to)', so using 'to reference' just seems weird to me. For the latter, I knew 'come along' and 'come with me', so 'come with' just seems wrong.

:shrug:

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
There is nothing wrong with moist you big baby

Meatwolfe
Oct 31, 2011

moose face posted:

I dont understand. Just this elongated yes but yas?

I see it on facebook comments, way too often.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Infantilizing pet names for significant others annoy me. Come on, have some creativity.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

remigious posted:

When people say whomst. I have an acquaintance on fb that on a daily basis asks whomst will give them money for kratom or buy them pizza.

USERNAME RECOMMENDATION FOR NEW FORUM LURKERS

please use 'for whomst the bell tolls'

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

whilst

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i realized i'm becoming an old :corsair: when i heard "woah that's lit" and "i'm shook" and "woke" irl and cringed. idk something to do with the weird partly wrong grammatical sound that's incorrect and expect it to be said differently
i guess i shouldn't complain since i grew up with hella, rad, and da bomb

Rock Paper Tongue
Oct 24, 2016

May cause birth defects

Cray cray, instead of crazy

Drives me up a loving wall, and my mom says it all the drat time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do