Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Oh god my old co worker either went to chipotle, wing stop, or Roy Rodgers every day for lunch. He wasn’t fat but I don’t want to imagine what his sodium intake was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I love abusing my insides with irritant laced chicken nuggets. I always do half cajun half atomic.

My only complaint is that sometimes the wings aren't sauced all the way and sometimes atomic doesn't deliver on heat.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Oh god my old co worker either went to chipotle, wing stop, or Roy Rodgers every day for lunch. He wasn’t fat but I don’t want to imagine what his sodium intake was

Wingstop can stank up a place real good. Picked some up the other day and my car still had that weird oil smell the next day.

But so did my pharts.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

The last time I ate Chipotle was before a concert. They dumped a shitload of ice-cold guac on top of my burrito bowl and so the cheese remained unmelted.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
probably been said but, ill say it again

there is no point in burger king existing. every single thing they make, another ubiquitous franchise does way better. i honestly do not understand how burger king is still around

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Good news. BK got cancelled today.

The menace is over.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
BK sucks because the fries taste like fish from the BK Big Fish being fried in the same oil as the fries and the oil never being changed

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Damo posted:

there is no point in burger king existing. every single thing they make, another ubiquitous franchise does way better. i honestly do not understand how burger king is still around

the original chicken sandwich is my fast food guilty pleasure. so greasy :allears:

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

BK sucks because the fries taste like fish from the BK Big Fish being fried in the same oil as the fries and the oil never being changed

it's so obscene because their fries used to be like a billion times better

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

YeahTubaMike posted:

the original chicken sandwich is my fast food guilty pleasure. so greasy :allears:

Extremely underrated sandwich.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Most things about BK are terrible but when you look in the bag and see an onion ring was accidentally scooped in with your fries it's like hitting a trash food lottery.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Taco Bell has good freezes, Burger King is the only establishment I can think of that gives ICEE a chance, and if those slushes were available at any other fast food restaurant, there would be zero reasons to go to Burger King.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

tetsuo posted:

Most things about BK are terrible but when you look in the bag and see an onion ring was accidentally scooped in with your fries it's like hitting a trash food lottery.

Thirteen years ago: https://local.theonion.com/fabled-burger-king-employee-places-single-onion-ring-in-1819569286

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Chief McHeath posted:

Extremely underrated sandwich.

sure, I like to eat the long chicken a couple times a year and it usually makes me happy if it's not overdone. it seems like it shouldn't still be around but I'm glad it is. I remember when they had a long hamburger too but it went away because of bad ads?

burger king is really a pretty weird place. it's so hit or miss, sometimes it's great, usually it isn't. the menu's all over the place, and so are the prices. it feels like they're just giving things away with some of the deals, but if you order outside of that it's like five guys.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
It's true. If they just snuck an onion ring in every bag regardless of order it'd make the world a happier place.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
man, onion rings are loving gross :colbert:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

The only truly good onion rings are Farmer Boys

They're big ol' boys

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
small wife! large onion ring!

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I love biting into an onion ring and pulling away all the onion innards from the shell and then just having a bunch of burning hot onion all on my stupid face. If there was like a tater tot version of onion rings I'd be down with that though.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

There was a place near me that used to make perfect onion rings and then they stopped making them and I want them back :qq:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
are onion rings supposed to be slippery/slimy underneath the crust? cause i hate that

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

dudeness posted:

I love biting into an onion ring and pulling away all the onion innards from the shell and then just having a bunch of burning hot onion all on my stupid face. If there was like a tater tot version of onion rings I'd be down with that though.

this is why I liked the onion petals Arby's used to have. Strips of onion just big enough for dippin', but not long enough to come apart.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
The breading on the onion petals was also massively better than whatever poo poo they're putting on their onion rings now.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Rinkles posted:

are onion rings supposed to be slippery/slimy underneath the crust? cause i hate that

Heck no they should be cooked enough so that when you bite through the breading you bite through the onion easily. Sometimes they still slip out of the breading cause they're a bitch to get it to adhere.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
in that case i've never had a properly made onion ring

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
As someone who doesn't like onions, I only like onion rings or onion straws if they are 99% breading.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Rick posted:

As someone who doesn't like onions, I only like onion rings or onion straws if they are 99% breading.

Its okay to be a mozzarella stick man

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

dudeness posted:

That's the worst. I rarely get onion rings specifically because of that. It's quite nice to get a good onion ring somewhere so that when you bit into it you actually bite through the onion.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

dudeness posted:

there kind of is. get the cheapest frozen onion rings you can, the kind that are all perfectly round and the same sizes. they're made with chopped onions

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
When I lived with my friend we'd make homemade onion rings, fried fish and hush puppies at 2am because we were stoned af. Make some batter, cut some onions, season the hell out of the batter, realize that just one onion makes a fuckton of onion rings if you use all the sizes and oh poo poo we cut up two. Fry, eat, pass the gently caress out.

Onion rings aren't difficult, they just need to be actually cooked right. You just have to find that sweet spot where the onion cooks soft and the batter browns but doesn't burn. It takes trial and error and you might get fat af in the process but it is worth it.

Black and tan onion rings are the best if you're eating out somewhere. Always get them, they are top tier.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Crusty Nutsack posted:

there kind of is. get the cheapest frozen onion rings you can, the kind that are all perfectly round and the same sizes. they're made with chopped onions

I'll give it a shot. It shouldn't be hard to find, apparently they have to have the words "made form diced onions" easily readable on the packaging - Thank you FDA.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Hey I think i said this alreay in this thread but gently caress that Seattle DIc's burgers/ that poo poo sucks the rear end from fly that ate the poo poo of someone who just ate at DICKS BULLSHIT

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

Damo posted:

I still go to BK because it’s so close to my house.

But of all fast food places occupying that spot just my luck it’s a loving BK. Their basic bacon cheeseburger is edible at least and my wife likes a frozen coke occasionally. gently caress their fries though, just pure loving garbage.

On the other hand, if it was a Taco Bell at that spot I’d be living más way too much and would be dead from an overdose of beefy frito burritos and quesaritos within a year. Or it’ll help keep my digestive system moving counteracting my meds that bind me up and I’d end up healthier in a bizarre way.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
Burger King sucks so bad that they made Iron Man quit heroin. You don’t just up and quit heroin, not even if you are Iron Man.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Laslow posted:

I still go to BK because it’s so close to my house.

But of all fast food places occupying that spot just my luck it’s a loving BK.

I feel the same it’s like really you couldn’t have put literally any other franchise at the end of my street, and it’s been there forever so it’s not going anywhere

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I feel the same it’s like really you couldn’t have put literally any other franchise at the end of my street, and it’s been there forever so it’s not going anywhere
Exactly, and that motherfucker clearly hasn’t been renovated since like 1998. If it weren’t for the stupid coke freestyle machine they could’ve shot a scene for a Back to the Future reboot in that bitch.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Coke Freestyle machine sucks

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Coke Freestyle machine sucks
I’ve never seen anyone use them for anything other than Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, or Dr. Pepper.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

TheAardvark posted:

this is why I liked the onion petals Arby's used to have. Strips of onion just big enough for dippin', but not long enough to come apart.

what exactly are you supposed to dip onion rings into?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

YeahTubaMike posted:

what exactly are you supposed to dip onion rings into?

You put them over a chicken finger and dip the finger in finger sauce. Its in the name, duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
they have this "zesty sauce" that I think is a spicy mayo that they pimp out with their rings. it owns.