Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

King Hong Kong posted:

Hopefully Matt Barkley doesn't tank another chance at a number one pick.

matt barkley owned, he was tossing it all over the drat place and then he comically melted down and threw like 12 interceptions in 2 games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
This has been a gloriously entertaining couple of days. Remind me - BOB was against the Brock signing all along, right? And those two pretty much hate each other? He must be feeling pretty good about this.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
One of my coworkers, who I consider to be one of the best football minds that I know, spent about 10 minutes today trying to convince me that Glennon is going to be a major upgrade for the Bears

I love ya man, but I ant gonna be convinced until I see him poo poo rainbows on the field

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Hey, did you guys know that Alshon Jeffrey is a Philadelphia Eagle? :iamafag:

Did you guys know thatttt? :iamafag:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prgm4eKq6d4

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

King Hong Kong posted:

Hopefully Matt Barkley doesn't tank another chance at a number one pick.

Don't worry.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Peppers to carolina

:sigh:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

89 posted:

alshon owns, it was incredibly dumb for the bears to let him go like that

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Whoever thought the Eagles were gonna look like this after Chip loving Kelly was fired

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

I was doing some research earlier and it turns out that if you sign less players than the amount that leave for lucrative contracts with other teams you get these free draft picks called compensatory picks

wild

Source?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mexican Radio posted:

This has been a gloriously entertaining couple of days. Remind me - BOB was against the Brock signing all along, right? And those two pretty much hate each other? He must be feeling pretty good about this.

pretty sure they didn't even meet before the signing happened :lol:

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

GobiasIndustries posted:

pretty sure they didn't even meet before the signing happened :lol:

Even though there's a legal tampering period, only agents can be in contact with teams, so this isn't actually unusual other than it being a horrendously bad signing

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

89 posted:

He's going to make at least 2 million per game played with you.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Chichevache posted:

He's going to make at least 2 million per game played with you.

The 7 in 9-7

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Broncos signed Ronald Leary to a 4 yr / 35 mil to play guard cuz our guards suck

He's pretty good right Cowboys fans?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/MarcSesslerNFL/status/840134463438774273

Smells Rapesheety

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

god please don't let cleveland have traded a bunch of high picks for him

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

God dammit.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Don't keep us in suspense Jimmy!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
but mike lombardi said they were keeping him!

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Any GM that thinks Jimmy Polio is legit needs to have his loving skull caved.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Washington, set to ship Kirk to the 49ers and unshackled from their drunk GM, will trade three first rounders for Jimmy G

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/840147009248014336

maybe he's drunk

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Metapod posted:

TITS GOT A CORNER

LOGAN RYAN HELL YEAH

:hellyeah:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/840096831853944832

haha we got the mermaid guy

makes me think the Sheard visit didn't go well

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Supposedly the Patriots haven't even talked to Butler's reps in a long time.

Think he's gonna get moved one way or the other and get a long term deal. Get paid buddy!

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

sean10mm posted:

Think he's gonna get moved one way or the other and get a long term deal. Get paid buddy!

They're still talking with Hightower's reps though, and the fact that he wasn't a Day 1 signing increases his odds of returning.

Some silver lining there.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I like this William Hayes trade a lot. We desperately needed an edge guy who was stout against the run and getting him + a seventh for our sixth is very palatable.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Alter Ego posted:

They're still talking with Hightower's reps though, and the fact that he wasn't a Day 1 signing increases his odds of returning.

Some silver lining there.

I believe they will make a real push to get Hightower back, but I think Butler wants infinite moneys (rightly so), and the Patriots aren't even going to pretend to be interested in doing that for TWO cornerbacks.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

I like this William Hayes trade a lot. We desperately needed an edge guy who was stout against the run and getting him + a seventh for our sixth is very palatable.

If we can tie up Timmons, Allen and either Bushrod or Mangold, we'll have had a quietly very good free agency.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

tarbrush posted:

If we can tie up Timmons, Allen and either Bushrod or Mangold, we'll have had a quietly very good free agency.

Ted Larsen (G) is visiting and probably getting a deal today, so they will probably roll with him instead of Bushrod, but other than that, I agree.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

sean10mm posted:

I believe they will make a real push to get Hightower back, but I think Butler wants infinite moneys (rightly so), and the Patriots aren't even going to pretend to be interested in doing that for TWO cornerbacks.

Do you think Butler wants more money than Gillmore? I mean, I would rather they kept the homegrown Super Bowl hero than sign someone from a divisional rival.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Do you think Butler wants more money than Gillmore? I mean, I would rather they kept the homegrown Super Bowl hero than sign someone from a divisional rival.

You would THINK the Pats would have made him an offer comparable to the one they made to an outsider who is at best a lateral move from him, but who knows with them.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

sean10mm posted:

They have basically all off-season to talk to them about getting a long-term deal. In addition to that, if he signed an offer-sheet with anyone, that would be a great option too, given that they would get a guaranteed first round pick if they don't match the offer. Basically there is no upside for them to talk about a deal with Butler right now, unless you expect him to take less now than he would in June, which seems unrealistic at best.

Maybe Belichick thinks Gilmore has a higher ceiling in the right system than Butler and therefore is worth more? The idea that Bill would pay for the "Super Bowl hero" status is absurd given his history.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

GaussianCopula posted:

They have basically all off-season to talk to them about getting a long-term deal. In addition to that, if he signed an offer-sheet with anyone, that would be a great option too, given that they would get a guaranteed first round pick if they don't match the offer. Basically there is no upside for them to talk about a deal with Butler right now, unless you expect him to take less now than he would in June, which seems unrealistic at best.

Maybe Belichick thinks Gilmore has a higher ceiling in the right system than Butler and therefore is worth more? The idea that Bill would pay for the "Super Bowl hero" status is absurd given his history.

your absurd

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

The Glumslinger posted:

One of my coworkers, who I consider to be one of the best football minds that I know, spent about 10 minutes today trying to convince me that Glennon is going to be a major upgrade for the Bears

I love ya man, but I ant gonna be convinced until I see him poo poo rainbows on the field

He could be amazing but he's got nobody to throw to. Also the defense is poo poo. Also Pace doesn't seem to be that great at drafting. DA BEARS

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

FizFashizzle posted:

Peppers to carolina

:sigh:

gently caress it. Let's see if we can get DeAngelo back from the Steelers.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Bill is the least loyal son of a bitch in sports. The poo poo he pulled on Mankins and Seymour was next level cold.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

sean10mm posted:

I still don't quite understand shelling out that cash for Gilmore, unless they planned on keeping Butler or thought that he would ask for even more.

Also, goddamnit Bill there are plenty of cheats for infinite money. Use one of them.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Alter Ego posted:

I still don't quite understand shelling out that cash for Gilmore, unless they planned on keeping Butler or thought that he would ask for even more.

Also, goddamnit Bill there are plenty of cheats for infinite money. Use one of them.

Maybe you don't know as much about CB as Bill Belichick does, who let Revis and Browner walk in the exact right moment, got Butler for basically nothing and got Logan Ryan to the point that the Titans are paying him 10m py. Not to mention that he unfucked Talib and made him into a top CB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Belichick frequently makes players appear better than they are, so maybe that has something to do with it.

I'm not a sharp eyed football mind but I heard multiple times that Butler would only be left 1 on 1 with the #2 receiver the times when he was in single coverage.

I dunno how much someone who shuts down the #2 receiver is worth.

• Locked thread