Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Super No Vacancy posted:

cant make a real game??? no problem - make a musou!!!!

I've seen some vile shitposting in my time but ugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih323XXu_3w

Super Mario Odyssey is a little less than I expected.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

ethanol posted:

I bought a n3dsxl yesterday and it owns lol

That's impressive. I haven't seen any in stock since November.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Theta Zero posted:

Finally Nintendo will get their elusive adult gamers.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Beastie posted:

I'm stoked for Snipperclips and have been showing my girlfriend the videos in the hope it makes her less frustrated with her 29 year old boyfriend who just bought the new Nintendo.

What does your age have to do with anything?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what does their age NOT have to do with NOTHING??

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Looper posted:

Only autistic children and manchild adults own Nintendos.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I completely wrote off ever doing any kind of pre-orders or business in general from Target and BestBuy due to past colossal fuckups on their part. Seems like every time I order something collectible or limited from Amazon the package will arrive damaged. People poo poo on Gamestop a lot, but they are the only ones who have never screwed up a pre-order of mine. Obviously anecdotal and going to vary by location.

They aren't without fault though, their trade-in deals have gotten considerably worse even though other stores and Amazon started accepting trade-ins as well.

Edit: At least they are admitting it now, unlike Bestbuy where they will tell you the day before you are poo poo out of luck.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jan 18, 2017

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

InFlames235 posted:

So is anyone here going to forego the pro controllers and just get multiple joycons? Was thinking about it myself because of all the positive reviews of the joycons but haven't fully decided because they're also $10 more than the pro controllers.

i don't know if i'll need or want a pro controller when it's more comfortable to just freehand both individual joycons. the Wii's two-handed setup was real comfortable and the Joycons are a better, entirely wireless version of that, so i just don't see a proper controller appealing to me when it's less comfortable

i'd rather just pick up more joycons since they can be used as either one controller or two controllers depending on the number of people who want to do multiplayer stuff

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Theta Zero posted:

I've watched this like 10 times today and lol each time, new favorite video

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Louisgod posted:

I've watched this like 10 times today and lol each time, new favorite video

Someone really needs to splice it into a reaction video of Super Mario Odyssey.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

RZA Encryption posted:

That's impressive. I haven't seen any in stock since November.

Lots of them in stock at the local Walmart

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

s.i.r.e. posted:

don't

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

For those that did not get the zelda special edition this looks like a pretty great starter kit. http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/nintendo-switch-starter-kit-zelda-sheikah-eye-edition/140258

I'm kind of tempted to cancel my special edition pre order since this also comes with grips.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Jesus Christ, you are unpleasant

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Looper posted:

I don't care at all and I'm really excited but she keeps reminding me how old I am.

I keep using clever wording like "you're going to love our Switch" to convince her that we are in this together.

Beastie fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jan 18, 2017

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Beastie posted:

I don't care at all and I'm really excited but she keeps reminding me how old I am.

I keep using clever wording like "you're going to love out Switch" to convince her that we are in this together.

sever

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Wamdoodle posted:

I've seen some vile shitposting in my time but ugh

To be fair, Koei's been doing this for a good seventeen years, in between releases of Romance of the Three Kingdoms, and Nobunaga's Ambition.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Arcland posted:

For those that did not get the zelda special edition this looks like a pretty great starter kit. http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/nintendo-switch-starter-kit-zelda-sheikah-eye-edition/140258

I'm kind of tempted to cancel my special edition pre order since this also comes with grips.

This is pretty cool. Wonder if the Zelda special edition case also has compartments for gmes and joycons or if it's just for the switch itself.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

InFlames235 posted:

So is anyone here going to forego the pro controllers and just get multiple joycons? Was thinking about it myself because of all the positive reviews of the joycons but haven't fully decided because they're also $10 more than the pro controllers.

Thats what I'm gonna do. 4 Joycons + 2 grips. That way I'll have two "full" controllers while also having 4 "babby" controllers. Lack of Dpad worries me since one of the first games is Street Fighter and all, but I figure I'll get a stick if enough fighters come out on the thing.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Calaveron posted:

This is pretty cool. Wonder if the Zelda special edition case also has compartments for gmes and joycons or if it's just for the switch itself.

Yes on games it has a similar page. Not sure about joycons. I would assume so.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Mister Macys posted:

To be fair, Koei's been doing this for a good seventeen years, in between releases of Romance of the Three Kingdoms, and Nobunaga's Ambition.

True but they keep selling so there must be something there?! Also I keep buying them so it's me. I'm part of the problem. lol

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

my heart jumped a beat when they updated the switch page on amazon.

they're just letting you choose which color now :smith:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Calaveron posted:

it does, they're basically the same case with different decorations. they opened it up and showed it off on the treehouse livestream

both cases are pretty good. it's a nice incentive to pick up the zelda SE

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
So it has space for two sets of joycons, or just the one set thats presumably attached?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The new Zelda looks neat. Guess I have to hope for Nintendeath so it gets released on something sensible.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I suspect that the Switch might do video out either via Display Port (like Thunderbolt 3) and converts to HDMI (which, surprisingly, is how the PS4 is set up internally), or it just uses HDMI-MHL like a cell phone/tablet.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
From a few pages back but we do not need a happy thread and an unhappy thread for the Switch or anything else game related. Both kinds of opinion can exist and if the slapfighting gets too much then I will help put an end to it. I dislike the idea of echo chambers.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

VideoGames posted:

From a few pages back but we do not need a happy thread and an unhappy thread for the Switch or anything else game related. Both kinds of opinion can exist and if the slapfighting gets too much then I will help put an end to it. I dislike the idea of echo chambers.

It is sort of interesting how even over 15 years later these threads are always the same.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

So uh, has anyone had a good experience with Best Buy? I thought I was set because I pre-ordered mine like 20 minutes after they went up that night, but it seems like everyone just has stories of getting screwed by them.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Theta Zero posted:

:siren: Put this in the OP for real

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Controversial opinion: I like the Nintendo Switch but think $60 for Skyrim and Bomberman is dumb.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

VideoGames posted:

Right when I was about to PM you too :(

Oh well, guess I can just ignore the hatedumping and look forward to the Nintendo Switch when it comes out on March 3rd, 2017!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Jesus Christ, you are unpleasant

I heard your monocle pop from here, god drat goons became tender little snowflakes.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Kazy posted:

Controversial opinion: I like the Nintendo Switch but think $60 for Skyrim and Bomberman is dumb.

:same:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
E3 2017,

Id software is proud to present their newest partnership with Nintendo.
Looks like Nintendo is DOOMed.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Tender Bender posted:

So uh, has anyone had a good experience with Best Buy? I thought I was set because I pre-ordered mine like 20 minutes after they went up that night, but it seems like everyone just has stories of getting screwed by them.

What seemed super fishy to me about the Best Buy preorders was that Walmart preorders went up and sold out quickly, as did Amazon. Both eventually put up additional preorders, but those both went so fast that if you weren't following the right people on Twitter or the right forum threads you missed out. Meanwhile, Best Buy had their preorders up for hours after the announcement concluded. Does this mean not many people were preordering through Best Buy? Did Best Buy just get some insane allotment of Switches? Or, more likely, did Best Buy just let everyone and their brother preorder because they'll just do their usual cancel or delay preorders thing?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

drat it Nintendo i was 4-0 on mario kart
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

DalaranJ posted:

E3 2017,

Id software is proud to present their newest partnership with Nintendo.
Looks like Nintendo is DOOMed.

JOHN
ROMERO
IS
GONNA
DEV
FOR
THE
SWITCH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

io_burn posted:

What seemed super fishy to me about the Best Buy preorders was that Walmart preorders went up and sold out quickly, as did Amazon. Both eventually put up additional preorders, but those both went so fast that if you weren't following the right people on Twitter or the right forum threads you missed out. Meanwhile, Best Buy had their preorders up for hours after the announcement concluded. Does this mean not many people were preordering through Best Buy? Did Best Buy just get some insane allotment of Switches? Or, more likely, did Best Buy just let everyone and their brother preorder because they'll just do their usual cancel or delay preorders thing?

I think I remember BestBuy being allotted a lot more VR headsets (Vive and Rift) than everyone else so maybe the same goes for this. Though, I have a feeling they're might have hosed people OR they're going to keep taking preorders and start shipping them in "waves" in a first come first serve manner so they technically don't have to close their preorders. I don't even know if they have a guarantee or anything on their page saying you're getting one on release.

• Locked thread