Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

i had this conversation with my two co-workers last week as well

"oh yeah, i guess so," and nodding, when I say there's never been a lockdown or quarantine, you could do whatever you wanted at all times and no one was gonna stop you

i said this to someone and they said their parents' business outside philly was forced to close for 4 weeks in March 2020. I had honestly forgotten about that.

all i can say is "bro, i haven't been inside a grocery store since Feb 2020." i was forced back into work on 6/1 but i continue to take zero unnecessary risks.

the weirdest thing to me is whoever i've said this to always assume we just stay inside our house. i'm like: hiking, picnics, curbside restaurant meals, geocaching, daytrips offseason to an unpopular beach, virtual classes on how to make mochi or gin cocktails or whatever, monthly virtual calls with friends we hadn't regularly talked to in years, cmon jack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

fosborb posted:

governor said no county level reporting if the county has less than 20,000 people, citing "privacy concerns" lmao

it violates muh HIPPO RIGHTS

BIG HORNY COW
Apr 11, 2003
Someone who went to my high school has a kid on a ventilator in Memphis. Their big long facebook post about it says they now think covid is real, but came about by "shady circumstances"and is being exploited by powerful people to control us. They go on to say "dont just blindly trust a facebook post or someone in line at kroger, do your own research and ask YOUR trusted doctor to make your own decisions!"

Yeah that's pretty much how we got where we are now, people doing their own research and making their own choices.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Schnorkles posted:

Ron DeSantis, thinking harder than he ever has before: "This is the libs fault"

you're drat right it is

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

mod sassinator posted:

we have all been floating on this raft cast away at sea for nearly two years now. everyone is going to crack at some point lol

realistically i think there is an actually significant portion of the vaccinated population that has looked at the risks in front of them and decided that they're worth it for brunch and normal living.

it would be less frustrating and crack pinging if it wasn't often followed up with "and now our 3 year old is very sick!!"

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Idiots

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Stevie Lee posted:

i just remembered that story about the kid coming home from school wearing another kid's mask

we're hosed lmao

lmao it’s like the story about the drug education cop that passed around two joints so the kids could see what marijuana looks like and when he gathered them back up at the end of class there were three

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Spoondick posted:

i only use frozen brocolli for roasting or cream of broccoli soup

supply chain disruptions from delta are going to be common since labor is already tight and an outbreak in packaging production, food processing, distribution, wholesale and retail fucks up everyone else in the chain

Spread frozen broccoli out on a cookie sheet. Season and spray with cooking spray. Roast at 400f for 25-30 min, stirring half way through if you're fancy. Can do it for 20 min if you have a convection oven. It actually manages to crisp up the florets a bit, even from frozen.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Stevie Lee posted:

i just remembered that story about the kid coming home from school wearing another kid's mask

we're hosed lmao

a classic

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Miranda posted:

Guys.
Holy hell. We have two positive COVID babies. Vertical transmission. Two more are PUIs from exposure to their positive mums. One of them is a 25 weeker. His lungs - I have NEVER seen anything like it. The closest thing would be like a 6 month old severe chronic lung disease/bronchpulmonary dysplasia kid who has been vented for months. It is INSANE how sick he is.

quoting for later

https://twitter.com/ValKats/status/1425621156112052226

this was posted earlier and im also quoting for later

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

WaryWarren posted:

it violates muh HIPPO RIGHTS

the Neb governor actually did this, to his entire state, and like the only response has been a viral tweet saying look at this funny map im a data scientist

:911:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

synapse posted:

can't tell this to my friends without starting poo poo so I will post it here.

My friend's wife rightfully made him quarantine away from them and their 1 yr old after he was a groomsman in a wedding last summer. That wife just went to Mexico for a bachelorette party. Open Biden.

lmao

fire up facebook and burn some bridges, my goon

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

BIG HORNY COW posted:

Someone who went to my high school has a kid on a ventilator in Memphis. Their big long facebook post about it says they now think covid is real, but came about by "shady circumstances"and is being exploited by powerful people to control us. They go on to say "dont just blindly trust a facebook post or someone in line at kroger, do your own research1 and ask YOUR trusted doctor to make your own decisions!"

Yeah that's pretty much how we got where we are now, people doing their own research and making their own choices.

1 Listening obsessively to 16 hours of the Joe Rogan podcast a week is not research.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Schnorkles posted:

delta moves really fast, i'd get a test

Got my test and will know in 24 hours, time to eat my dogs heart guard in the meantime. :thumbsup:

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

OJ Simpson says no evidence that he did it

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Schnorkles posted:

when COVID is done, and we're all dead, I hope we at least all can say that we had a good time and learned alot

Covid is done tho, why else would we be opening biden

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

BIG HORNY COW posted:

exploited by powerful people to control us.

I see this sometimes and I don't get it. What do powerful people get out of controlling people? They sit around a table in some secret room and laugh and laugh? ha ha! we're controlling them!

If anything powerful people would prefer you consume consume consume as much as possible without the hindrance of a pandemic.

Not directed at you, of course, just the general sentiment.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Sunny Side Up posted:

i said this to someone and they said their parents' business outside philly was forced to close for 4 weeks in March 2020. I had honestly forgotten about that.

all i can say is "bro, i haven't been inside a grocery store since Feb 2020." i was forced back into work on 6/1 but i continue to take zero unnecessary risks.

the weirdest thing to me is whoever i've said this to always assume we just stay inside our house. i'm like: hiking, picnics, curbside restaurant meals, geocaching, daytrips offseason to an unpopular beach, virtual classes on how to make mochi or gin cocktails or whatever, monthly virtual calls with friends we hadn't regularly talked to in years, cmon jack

I did check my Google maps timeline and in November and December it was just one park at week at most for me (my wife was taking the kid to playdates I wasn't comfortable with) and then seeing family at the holidays and back to doing nothing. It wasn't until we got solid snowfall I did much outside

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Mayor Dave posted:

Covid is done tho, why else would we be opening biden

well i'm not dead

or maybe i am and this is hell

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

Spread frozen broccoli out on a cookie sheet. Season and spray with cooking spray. Roast at 400f for 25-30 min, stirring half way through if you're fancy. Can do it for 20 min if you have a convection oven. It actually manages to crisp up the florets a bit, even from frozen.

You can also do this with an air fryer

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.
Teacher meetings haven't started yet in MN (and most kids don't go back until after labor day), but in the district I work in I've already gotten 3 emails in the past week and a half saying that the admin building has had 3 known covid cases.

The admin building where they all have their own offices and are spread way out, and have a mask requirement in place.

Lol it's gonna be bad. Just make the call for online-only learning already, cowards!

Bananaquiter posted:

Got my test and will know in 24 hours, time to eat my dogs heart guard in the meantime. :thumbsup:

I woke up 5 days ago with a sore throat, got PCR tested the next day and it came back negative. Just regular ol' sickness. Too bad most people won't do the same!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

Teacher meetings haven't started yet in MN (and most kids don't go back until after labor day), but in the district I work in I've already gotten 3 emails in the past week and a half saying that the admin building has had 3 known covid cases.

The admin building where they all have their own offices and are spread way out, and have a mask requirement in place.

Lol it's gonna be bad. Just make the call for online-only learning already, cowards!

Nah dude gotta play it by ear, don't want to jump the gun

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

jisforjosh posted:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/map/nebraska

lmao at COVID being completely defeated by county borders on a map

82 counties in Nebraska have fully eradicated COVID with no new cases in the last 60 days

That might not be that wrong. I used to live in Nebraska and a lot of those counties have like three people in them.

(And 800 windmills.)

Driving west out of Lincoln is spooky as gently caress. You'd get to some points where you could hit "scan" on your radio and it'd just go all the way around without picking up anything.

BIG HORNY COW
Apr 11, 2003

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

I see this sometimes and I don't get it. What do powerful people get out of controlling people? They sit around a table in some secret room and laugh and laugh? ha ha! we're controlling them!

If anything powerful people would prefer you consume consume consume as much as possible without the hindrance of a pandemic.

Not directed at you, of course, just the general sentiment.

I don't think they could even articulate it beyond "they want to take our freedom" unless they have extremely specific theories about the jews or chinese communist party.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

quoting for later

https://twitter.com/ValKats/status/1425621156112052226

this was posted earlier and im also quoting for later

why do people always say they're shaking
is that a thing that happens to folks when they get angry

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

in a couple years they'll just bring you a tray of various vaccines that go up your nose and into your arm and let you pick and choose which delightful cocktail you'd like

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i hope all the dead and maimed children are proud that they helped save Number

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Sunny Side Up posted:

Lots of places "closed" all the city parks, I remember caution tape wrapped around a water bubbler and a piece of paper zip-tied to the volley ball net saying volly ball was closed.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Crazyweasel posted:

feel v. bad for friends in the south. literally getting your healthcare taken from you by the Cracker Barrel crowd.

if you live in the south (and America broadly but especially the south) you never really had healthcare anyway

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

yeah if your body dumps adrenaline from the autonomic nervous system response to fight or flight it's like drinking 5 cups of coffee at once

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Tzen posted:

jesus loving christ
i'm amazed at both the virus and the government ability put on display

if the american cdc had put this out would you still be gullible enough to believe it

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

AceOfFlames posted:

I don’t joke about serious matters.

maybe you wouldn't be such a loving mess if you did

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Cup Runneth Over posted:

if you live in the south (and America broadly but especially the south) you never really had healthcare anyway

really i can't imagine that we have anything resembling an accurate perception of what COVID has been like in rural areas and medical deserts.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Good to know they have a robust tracking a trace system and can say this with confidence vs just talking out thier rear end.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

can someone link me the cdc mask off announcement to cut off osha timeline post? I can't find it and need to crack ping someone.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:hmmyes:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

yeah

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
The greatest feeling you can get reading cspam, or the most satisfying feeling you can get reading cspam is the crack. Let's say you read the covid thread, your mind is collapsing and that's what we call the crack. Your brain gets a really tight feeling like it's going to explode any minute, and it's like someone is blowing air into your skull and it just blows up and feels different, it feels fantastic. It's as satisfying to me as pinging is, you know, as in hitting a home run right off the sweet spot. So can you believe how much I'm in heaven? I am like getting the feeling of pinging when reading cspam, I'm getting the feeling of pinging scrolling twitter. I'm getting the feeling of pinging outdoors; when I crack, when I congregate with 5000 people I get the same feeling. So I am pinging day and night. It's terrific, right? So, you know, I'm in heaven.

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

Rah! posted:

over the past couple years i've encountered infinitely more bone bits in processed meat than ever before in my life. encountered rancid cheese for the first time too, in some pre-made shelf-stable food, and also encountered "boar taint" (lol) for the first time ever, and then two more times, and then I just stopped loving buying bacon

what the hell is boar taint. please don't make me google it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The greatest feeling you can get reading cspam, or the most satisfying feeling you can get reading cspam is the crack. Let's say you read the covid thread, your mind is collapsing and that's what we call the crack. Your brain gets a really tight feeling like it's going to explode any minute, and it's like someone is blowing air into your skull and it just blows up and feels different, it feels fantastic. It's as satisfying to me as pinging is, you know, as in hitting a home run right off the sweet spot. So can you believe how much I'm in heaven? I am like getting the feeling of pinging when reading cspam, I'm getting the feeling of pinging scrolling twitter. I'm getting the feeling of pinging outdoors; when I crack, when I congregate with 5000 people I get the same feeling. So I am pinging day and night. It's terrific, right? So, you know, I'm in heaven.

:hmmyes: